Seantrel Henderson suspended another 10 games

YoloinOhio

Henderson opted not even to appeal last time

The NFLPA should volunteer to appeal for him. Seantrel makes a lot less money than Tom Brady and the NFLPA picked up the tab for that appeal.

As an aside:

Whatever you think about marijuana etc., I have to give the guy a lot of credit for coming back the way he did in the past year. It sounds like a horrible disease to have.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious both why he didn't push the issue earlier if he was going to keep smoking AND what's different about his case compared to the many others that don't use marijuana

But that's his info and he doesn't have to present it to me I suppose

I wonder how much any one of us would want to surrender to the public? How much health info? How much personal info?

There are a lot of things about my health I would prefer to keep private.

NFL looks pretty sad and they know it.

Zero mention of this on their website... ALthough he's not the biggest name in the game, I guarantee it would be under the 'breaking news' section had it been PEDs. The league is run by a bunch of crusty old racist billionaires that don't care to stand for what's right unless they can profit from it.

Come on Terry back your guy on this!

I wonder how much any one of us would want to surrender to the public? How much health info? How much personal info?
There are a lot of things about my health I would prefer to keep private.

If i had a disease and was in constant pain I wouldn't give a damn what the NFL said. Crohn's is serious.

Zero mention of this on their website... ALthough he's not the biggest name in the game, I guarantee it would be under the 'breaking news' section had it been PEDs. The league is run by a bunch of crusty old racist billionaires that don't care to stand for what's right unless they can profit from it.

If i had a disease and was in constant pain I wouldn't give a damn what the NFL said. Crohn's is serious.

yea, its serious so what does the wacky tobacky do?

Pain killers, that's the fun part.. are only a short term solution. Its the idiot drs who use them for long term and the unfortunate who become addicted.

Wait don't bother at all.. at all. You're out of your flipping mind accusing owners of being racists. Such a weak, weak argument snowflake. Sorry i wasted my time.

Edited by Boyst62

And that's your right. Just like it's their right to suspend you.

yea, its serious so what does the wacky tobacky do?

Pain killers, that's the fun part.. are only a short term solution. Its the idiot drs who use them for long term and the unfortunate who become addicted.

You never had wacky tabacky old man? Its good for ya once in a lifetime at least. Gives your mind a different perspective on a lot of things. The friends of mine who have battled cancer says it helps with mood, pain. and appetite as well. Ill tell you it helps with mood, anxiety, stress, and gives ya a more introspective thought pattern. You think the big pharm companies wouldnt have a problem with a budding wacky tobacky industry, without a monopolized patent on it, taking a cut of the medical treatment pie? This is why its legalization process is in so much red tape.

Not privy to his medical history treatment specifics but since infliximab at 5mg/ kg IV at 6 to 8 weeks is standard of care for Severe Chrohns I wonder why or if he is on this drug. Has like 80 percent effectiveness in first month and dose can be titrated upwards if needed and would have no issues with drug tests by NFL. I just don't undetstand why he would go back on Marijuana knowing he would be screened for it. Maybe he does not want to play as it seemed like it was that way in college for the most part.

Or you know he is dealing with a disease, and medicinal MJ has proven to help.

But yes blame him and not a law that is as outdated as any idiotic law there is.

No not proven but we have gone on it ad nausea in another thread.

And no there are a lot more idiotic laws; lawmakers have higher standards of idiocy than bulletin board posters but with election of Russian-American Czar government lead is accelerating!

I think we have all found out quite a bit about each other recently..

I have all the sympathy in the world for his condition, and quite a bit of respect for his fortitude.

I have no problem with medicinal marijuana.

I really have little to say about recreational use.

But the rules are the rules.

On another note, i do think the thinking world needs to stay open minded about finding healthier living via natural methods.

Big Pharma is really out of control

Edited by 3rdand12

MMJ is federally illegal due to the Big Pharma industry. There is no other reason. They want to push their synthetic heroin into everyone's' mouths. So when you complain he has not followed the "rules" set up by his extremely profitable company built on the blood and pain of its employees you kinda turn your head to the blatant hypocrisy of the league you give all your money to.

While the league may not condone it the State of New York seems to green (no pun intended) light the use of cannibis for the treatment of Crohn's. Thanks John! So all those arm chair doctors and lawyers might want to go back to school.

I don't think anyone was disputing this. A 30 second Google search gets you this:

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/faq.htm

If I had a disease and was in constant pain I wouldn't give a damn what the NFL said. Crohn's is serious.

If you were in "constant pain", you wouldn't be on an active NFL roster, correct?

Not privy to his medical history treatment specifics but since infliximab at 5mg/ kg IV at 6 to 8 weeks is standard of care for Severe Chrohns I wonder why or if he is on this drug. Has like 80 percent effectiveness in first month and dose can be titrated upwards if needed and would have no issues with drug tests by NFL. I just don't undetstand why he would go back on Marijuana knowing he would be screened for it. Maybe he does not want to play as it seemed like it was that way in college for the most part.

Therein lies the rub. There are excellent medications for Crohn's. TNF inhibitors revolutionized the therapy for IBD. In this day of age, most people with Crohn's are not living with pain or urgency to defecate. And if they are, this means it is still active (not in remission). These are the people that are not on active NFL rosters and the ones that need real help, not marijuana.

Edited by Saint Doug

I think we have all found out quite a bit about each other recently..

I have all the sympathy in the world for his condition, and quite a bit of respect for his fortitude.

I have no problem with medicinal marijuana.

I really have little to say about recreational use.

But the rules are the rules.

On another note, i do think the thinking world needs to stay open minded about finding healthier living via natural methods.

Big Pharma is really out of control

You're not kidding. Very enlightening

IT'S TOTAL B.S. !!!!! AND IF THEY CHANGE THE RULE THE MONEY HE'S LOST SHOULD COME OUT OF GOODELLS CHECK !!

PUMP THEM FULL OF PAIN KILLERS BUT THATS OKAY !! BECAUSE ROGER DEEMS IT SO !!

Edited by T master