Everyone staying home for thanksgiving?

mead107

We are the destination spot this year (again) in Atlanta. Have 15-20 people arriving for a long weekend of food, sports and true thanks giving. Filling up the house and part of a hotel a half mile away. Enjoying a quiet moment presently, knowing it's almost over. Wife is on he way to the airport for run #1.

Staying home. Family isn't getting together for Thanksgiving, because of Trump.

Yes, you read that right.

My Mother hasn't spoken to me since election night when I texted her a pic of Trump's head photo-shopped on a cheese doodle. She said she found it "distasteful, and frankly, offensive." She won't answer my phone calls or respond to texts.

You can't make this schitt up...

My Mother hasn't spoken to me since election night when I texted her a pic of Trump's head photo-shopped on a cheese doodle. She said she found it "distasteful, and frankly, offensive." She won't answer my phone calls or respond to texts.

You can't make this schitt up...

I agree with your mom. How dare you deface a cheese doodle like that. :censored:

Staying home. Family isn't getting together for Thanksgiving, because of Trump.

Yes, you read that right.

That's nothing. My mother finally came out of the closet because of Trump. On a phone call last week, she literally said to me, "Trump and Pence want every gay person to be fired from their jobs. I don't deserve that, I work hard." First time she ever actually verbally said it, this after living with her partner for the last 18 years.

Thanksgiving should be interesting at my dad's, a conservative who didn't vote for Trump. My mom will be there (always awkward) and my sister is newly liberal and thinks our entire hometown is racist. Should be fun.

That's nothing. My mother finally came out of the closet because of Trump. On a phone call last week, she literally said to me, "Trump and Pence want every gay person to be fired from their jobs. I don't deserve that, I work hard." First time she ever actually verbally said it, this after living with her partner for the last 18 years.

Thanksgiving should be interesting at my dad's, a conservative who didn't vote for Trump. My mom will be there (always awkward) and my sister is newly liberal and thinks our entire hometown is racist. Should be fun.

Jeebus man! May the force be with you on turkey day. Remember...booze is your friend.