What if we finish 10-6?

BmarvB

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the remaining schedule, this season has 8-8 or 9-7 written all over it. These Bills aren't going to the playoffs.

I actually think 8-8 is the floor now. I think 9-7 is the most likely, 10-6 an outside possibility.

Watch us go and lose to the Jags now I have said that haha.

The way Miamis has played of late (actually like there were expected to play pre-season) and Balt has played all year, both games on the road. No I wouldn't say we were expected to or should have won those. Baltimore was favored to beat us, we were the fav over Miami, but if we played that game a couple weeks later, I'd imagine Miami would be favored. Jets I'll give you we should have won that one.

MIA, NYJ, Balt?

10-6 I think would see us in the playoffs as the last seed, a lot of those teams ahead of us play each other. We all know that could be wrong but if we win 1 of the tough 2 remaining games and win the ones we "should" we'd get by and get in I think.

I consider 10-6 as a minor success if we don't make the playoffs and major if we do. It's a good record in this league.

That said I don't see it happening. If they were to play at their best every game i could see us only losing one but we throw awful efforts out nearly every other game-day (including last week).

The most frustrating part from my POV is that the coaching staff dismantled a successful defensive system to replace it for one that is worse. Rex and crew didn't have the foresight to stick with what was working and instead had to install "their system", which clearly is not better with the players we have. The best coaches mold their system around the players strengths and not the other way around.

It's a C, not a good C either. C minus! Which is good for a team that hasn't gotten even a D for some time. Your report is about how much effort you have, you do get distracted a lot though at times. You often underwhelm when there are expectations exceeding your abilities. When you try, you're really quite capable and we trust next year, with a few adjustments, minor of course, that you'll begin putting it all together successfully.

A long while back a mate and I reckoned that FWIW, 13 wins was a B. 15 an A. Of course you can't talk about Super Bowl without playoffs, so a grade probably has merit because you didn't win the SB! A couple of teams have lucked out as division champs with losing records but from memory didn't progress? A couple of teams have made divisional games from 8-8. I can't recall a SB from there. There has been some teams win SB with a C minus record, got in the playoffs and the won the lot. The Giants won from a poor winning record, to back up with a regressing record thereafter. It wasn't like they got hot until the playoffs either.

10 - 6 would mean winning 6 out of last 7 and would be highly encouraging. It would take the Bills performing at a higher and more consistently good level than the team has in a generation. I don't see how the majority of fan base would not be encouraged. Although extremely disappointed about still missing playoffs.

The argument about how they win the games is a bit silly. If they win 6 out 7 and finish 10 - 6. It will take some good football. And winning is what matters. Rather win 6 games by a field goal each, than dominate a few ganes and also lose a few heartbreakers

Well put.

Listen, we all know that the He-Man Realists will find a way to be gloomy. It's what they do.

Winning season? Bah, didn't make the playoffs!

Make playoffs? Bah, lost in first round!

Get to Championship game? Bah, didn't win the big one!

Lose Super Bowl? Bah, same old, same old!

Win Super Bowl? Bah, bet they can't repeat!

Luckily none of these have happenened in living memory except one, so your thesis remains unprovable.

These Bills are just another mediocre team, capable of winning any week, but not really a contender. They are nowhere, and I imagine fans throughout the rest of the league barely give the Bills a thought, getting about as worked up about them as a Bills fan might get about a team like say, the Tennessee Titans.

Anyone here ever say "oooh, I really wanna see that Titans/Saints game!"

Nowhere.

Edited by HoF Watkins

These Bills are just another mediocre team, capable of winning any week, but not really a contender. They are nowhere, and I imagine fans throughout the rest of the league barely give the Bills a thought, getting about as worked up about them as a Bills fan might a get about a team like say, the Tennessee Titans.

Nowhere.

Isn't that pretty much the case with every team but the Pats and Seahawks? Is there any team that instills fear? The league is about 20 teams that are the same.

If you go to the Jags message board now though they are expecting to get slaughtered.

These Bills are just another mediocre team, capable of winning any week, but not really a contender. They are nowhere, and I imagine fans throughout the rest of the league barely give the Bills a thought, getting about as worked up about them as a Bills fan might get about a team like say, the Tennessee Titans.

Anyone here ever say "oooh, I really wanna see that Titans/Saints game!"

Nowhere.

Then why hang around.....frank off and jump on a bandwagon

Jesus your life must be awful

Then why hang around.....frank off and jump on a bandwagon

Jesus your life must be awful

I'm saving up money for airfare and playoff tickets!

My life is miserable, but I come here to see just how bad it could be. Now I give thanks.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Luckily none of these have happenened in living memory except one, so your thesis remains unprovable.

Ha! Though I have heard such sentiments many times over the years in advance. Usually from posters who claim they "Demand Excellence" or some such BS while they are writing on a Bills message board during their work hours.