What if we finish 10-6?

BmarvB

Winning 5 of the last 6 games is possible even if it may not be probable. But if they do it, finish 10-6, and still don't make the playoffs, how many of you would consider it a successful season, and how many would kick dirt on them and scream for some heads to roll and players be sent on their merry little way?

Success is only when you make the playoffs. So it would be failure just like every other year. It would Prove my point on why the Bills need to win out.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Success is only when you make the playoffs. So it would be failure just like every other year. It would Prove my point on why the Bills need to win out.

So is 9-7 with a playoff spot better than 10-6 without? Historically 87% of the teams that finish 10-6 are playoff teams. Is it a better year if other AFC teams lose more than you?

It's tricky to me but I tend to fall on the side of the more wins the better the year. You can only control what you can control and if you win 10 vs. 9 (regardless of what anyone else does) I think that it's better.

So is 9-7 with a playoff spot better than 10-6 without? Historically 87% of the teams that finish 10-6 are playoff teams. Is it a better year if other AFC teams lose more than you?

It's tricky to me but I tend to fall on the side of the more wins the better the year. You can only control what you can control and if you win 10 vs. 9 (regardless of what anyone else does) I think that it's better.

Well since you can't be 9-7 and get into the playoffs with the other team being 10-6...

I understand what you are trying to say but if 9-7 gets you into the playoffs then yes since it is a different year and the competition is different. All that matter is the playoffs. Sitting home saying "Hey at least we got a ****ty draft spot for being 10-6" does not mean you were better then 9-7 season where you made the playoffs.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Yes it is b.c of what I added on. Why are you trying to make this so hard?

If you make the playoffs at 9-7 it means you won games that mattered in the tie breaking scenario. It also means the level of competition was less then it would be at 10-6 and not getting in.

Why was the level of competition less?

If you make the playoffs at 9-7 it means you did everything you needed to do and won the right games to get in. If you missed at 10-6 it means you didn't. Simple, playoffs is successful season and not playoffs isn't.

Unless you are rebuilding which we aren't then this is the standard. If you don't get it by now then just look for others to agree with you b.c you will never get it.

Edited by Beef Jerky

If you make the playoffs at 9-7 it means you did everything you needed to do and won the right games to get in. If you missed at 10-6 it means you didn't. Simple, playoffs is successful season and not playoffs isn't.

Unless you are rebuilding which we aren't then this is the standard.

You can't control what anyone else does. That's the point!! You can only win YOUR games. If you win 10 of YOUR games, you have done better than if you win 9 of YOUR games.

You can't control what anyone else does. That's the point!! You can only win YOUR games. If you win 10 of YOUR games, you have done better than if you win 9 of YOUR games.

Not if making the playoffs means you needed to win 11. You are trying to throw two different years together when you can't do that, the only standard is making the playoffs.

If it takes 9 wins to get into the playoffs one year then yes 9 and playoffs was a success. If it takes 11 wins to make the playoffs the next year then no 10 and no playoffs was not a success. Stop trying to lump them together.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Historically you make the playoffs 87% of the time at 10 wins. 4 teams have made the playoffs with a losing record. If you are 7-9 and get a playoff spot has your team done a better job than winning 10 and not getting in?

You can only make the playoffs with a losing record if you WIN YOUR DIVISION.

Not if making the playoffs means you needed to win 11. You are trying to throw two different years together when you can't do that, the only standard is making the playoffs.

If it takes 9 wins to get into the playoffs one year then yes 9 and playoffs was a success. If it takes 11 wins to make the playoffs the next year then no 10 and no playoffs was not a success. Stop trying to lump them together.

How do you control that? How do you control anything outside of YOUR games?

How do you control that? How do you control anything outside of YOUR games?

What are you talking about? No one is talking about controlling other things...

Ahhh yes the 8-8 Texans that made the playoffs would be better than the 10-6 afc east team who didn't get in theoretically.

Yes they did what was needed to make the playoffs which is first WIN YOUR DIVISION.

....and you won 7 of your 16 games. Is that good?

Take care of the division first.

How do you control if 9 or 10 wins are needed? How do you impact what happens anywhere but in your game?

You win your games... And don't lose. Is that really a question?

Seeing that neither you or Ryan can give a better reason other then 10>9 it kind of kills this argument.

What still holds true is make the playoffs and the regular season was a success.