The Chiefs Have Real Problems

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year someone wants to diminish the chiefs. Every year end up in playoffs. These are starting to get in the line of predicting Brady's downfall lol

Every year they make it in they fail to advance in the playoffs, so it only goes to show how weak their team is against good teams.

They have zero chance of ever winning the super bowl with that team. The weaknesses that can be covered up during a regular season schedule will NEVER make it through 3-4 good teams in the playoffs!

My hope is the Bills build a team that can contend for a Super Bowl year in and year out. NOT to be a Marty Schottenheimer, Andy Reid type team that is just good enough to get to the playoffs.

They have zero chance of ever winning the super bowl with that team. The weaknesses that can be covered up during a regular season schedule will NEVER make it through 3-4 good teams in the playoffs!

My hope is the Bills build a team that can contend for a Super Bowl year in and year out. NOT to be a Marty Schottenheimer, Andy Reid type team that is just good enough to get to the playoffs.

We all want that but to get in the playoffs is kind of important for that and we have yet to do it in almost 2 decades.

For Buffalo to make it at 10-6, assuming New England and Oakland hold their bye slots, you need three of four teams to finish 9-7 out of the group of KC, Denver, Pittsburgh/Baltimore (one will win the division and be out of the WC picture), and Miami.

Let's say KC is actually a bad team and falls apart to a 9-7/8-8 record with losses to Denver twice, Oakland once, and Atlanta or Tennessee. That drops them out of consideration.

For Buffalo to get to 10-6, I think everyone assumes splitting Pittsburgh /Oakland and winning the rest. That gets Miami to 6 losses. One loss by the Dolphins to Baltimore, Arizona or New England and that's 7.

That leaves your AFC North teams. You don't often see someone sweep the Ravens/Steelers series, but it Baltimore does it and the Bills beat the Steelers, that's the easiest way to get them to 9-7. The Steelers also have the Giants who I'm not sure if they are good or not. For the Ravens, they could get to 7 losses if they lose to the Patriots and Steelers.

None of this is THAT crazy when you look at it. But the NFL isn't predictable. Buffalo's best shot, IMO, short of going 11-5, would be 10-6 with the loss being to an Oakland team that wins the AFC West and challenges New England for home field (to make the NE/MIA week 17 game matter)

Miami is currently 6-4. Not sure how you got your 6 losses?

Miami is currently 6-4. Not sure how you got your 6 losses?

Bad math? For some reason I had them at 5-5 in my head. Assuming Buffalo beats them to get to 10-6 and Miami's other loss is to NE, both teams would be 3-3 in the division, so I believe the next intra-division is common games, which I think Bufflao loses to Miami.

I think they need Miami at 9-7 to get in

Bad math? For some reason I had them at 5-5 in my head. Assuming Buffalo beats them to get to 10-6 and Miami's other loss is to NE, both teams would be 3-3 in the division, so I believe the next intra-division is common games, which I think Bufflao loses to Miami.

I think they need Miami at 9-7 to get in

Unfortunately the Pats may be in cruise control at that point, resting Brady and the starters. They put themselves in a tough situation, but it is the NFL and anything can happen...

Unfortunately the Pats may be in cruise control at that point, resting Brady and the starters. They put themselves in a tough situation, but it is the NFL and anything can happen...

That's why even though many here are rooting for Raiders losses, I hope they keep winning. Puts pressure on the Pats to keep winning to get home field

The Cheaters aren't going to take 2 full games off and then have a bye week. Not to mention they are currently tied with the Raiders at 8-2 and will want HFA throughout the playoffs.

No he's not

Yeah, he is.

He has a way better winning percentage, and has taken his teams to multiple Conference Championships, a Super Bowl, and made the playoffs 11 out of 17 seasons. He has had maintained success, as opposed to Wrex, whose team's get worse over time. So he hasn't won the big one, either did Marv Levy, Don Coryell, Bud Grant, etc.

People on this board are chastising others for not being satisfied with crap wins against crap teams. Other fans dream of the team just qualifying for the playoffs before they die. At the very least, Reid would get them to the playoffs, and ready for the next coach (as long as it isn't Chip Kelly).

Reid is way more accomplished, and way better than Wrex.

Edited by HoF Watkins

They advanced last year

He said against good teams...

KC doesn't make many mistakes. They let you beat yourselves and teams do... time after time after time.

Not many mistakes?? Let other teams beat themselves?? Check out their last 2 playoff losses.

Yeah, he is.

He has a way better winning percentage, and has taken his teams to multiple Conference Championships, a Super Bowl, and made the playoffs 11 out of 17 seasons. So he hasn't won the big one.

People on this board are chastising others for not being satisfied with crap wins against crap teams. Other fans dream of the team just qualifying for the playoffs before they die. At the very least, Reid would get them to the playoffs, and ready for the next coach (as long as it isn't Chip Kelly).

Reid is way better.

How has he faired in the postseason since he and McNabb parted ways?

Not many mistakes?? Let other teams beat themselves?? Check out their last 2 playoff losses.

So going to the playoffs and losing on a consistent basis is worse than consistently missing the playoffs?

That's an interesting point of view, Ill give you that.

It's so obvious that he is superior to Wrex, that it's not even worth bickering about.

So going to the playoffs and losing on a consistent basis is worse than consistently missing the playoffs?

That's an interesting point of view, Ill give you that.

No, I would take a playoff appearance any day. But why even mention that--it's has little to dimwit this discussion of whether Andy Reid, post McNabb, is a very good HC. He's not. No more than Marvin Lewis--another master of playoff futility. Is he a very good coach too? Of course not.

It's so obvious that he is superior to Wrex, that it's not even worth bickering about.

Rex is a clown. But Reid is clueless. Watch him coach on Sundays--especially in late January and then come back and tell us all wha a great HC he is.