The Chiefs Have Real Problems

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You asked for miracles Theo...I give you the Kansas... City...Chiefs.

(In response to the concept that one of the AFC West teams has to plummet for the Bills to have a shot.)

Edited by dpberr

For Buffalo to make it at 10-6, assuming New England and Oakland hold their bye slots, you need three of four teams to finish 9-7 out of the group of KC, Denver, Pittsburgh/Baltimore (one will win the division and be out of the WC picture), and Miami.

Let's say KC is actually a bad team and falls apart to a 9-7/8-8 record with losses to Denver twice, Oakland once, and Atlanta or Tennessee. That drops them out of consideration.

For Buffalo to get to 10-6, I think everyone assumes splitting Pittsburgh /Oakland and winning the rest. That gets Miami to 6 losses. One loss by the Dolphins to Baltimore, Arizona or New England and that's 7.

That leaves your AFC North teams. You don't often see someone sweep the Ravens/Steelers series, but it Baltimore does it and the Bills beat the Steelers, that's the easiest way to get them to 9-7. The Steelers also have the Giants who I'm not sure if they are good or not. For the Ravens, they could get to 7 losses if they lose to the Patriots and Steelers.

None of this is THAT crazy when you look at it. But the NFL isn't predictable. Buffalo's best shot, IMO, short of going 11-5, would be 10-6 with the loss being to an Oakland team that wins the AFC West and challenges New England for home field (to make the NE/MIA week 17 game matter)

Every year someone wants to diminish the chiefs. Every year end up in playoffs. These are starting to get in the line of predicting Brady's downfall lol

By "every year" do you mean 5 playoff appearances (and a single win) in the last 20 seasons?

next...

By "every year" do you mean 5 playoff appearances (and a single win) in the last 20 seasons?

next...

Last year same thing said made it

2013 same thing said made it

2010 same things said made it

But ok they are what their record it if they fall off they fall off

Well, since Andy Reid was hired.

Nope. Not in 2014

Last year same thing said made it

2013 same thing said made it

2010 same things said made it

But ok they are what their record it if they fall off they fall off

So, not every year then.

But Andy Reid does provide for comic relief when the whole country can see him managing in the playoffs.

The strength of the team is their D. Turnovers or not they don't allow teams to score much against them. Their ppg is one of the best in the AFC and not too far off from Seattle or Minny.

With Denver's problems on offense I don't see the Chiefs getting swept by them but I could see them stumbling at Denver, and the offenses of Oak, Tenn and Atlanta could definitely give them trouble. Not too many teams can pile up wins vs. quality opponents, it wouldn't' surprise me for the Chiefs to finish 3-3 with their remaining schedule.

Every year someone wants to diminish the chiefs. Every year end up in playoffs. These are starting to get in the line of predicting Brady's downfall lol

Yeah - you predict it every year so eventually you have to be right.

KC is so good in close games over the last few years. Playing with fire. They just find a way to win.

For Buffalo to make it at 10-6, assuming New England and Oakland hold their bye slots, you need three of four teams to finish 9-7 out of the group of KC, Denver, Pittsburgh/Baltimore (one will win the division and be out of the WC picture), and Miami.

Let's say KC is actually a bad team and falls apart to a 9-7/8-8 record with losses to Denver twice, Oakland once, and Atlanta or Tennessee. That drops them out of consideration.

For Buffalo to get to 10-6, I think everyone assumes splitting Pittsburgh /Oakland and winning the rest. That gets Miami to 6 losses. One loss by the Dolphins to Baltimore, Arizona or New England and that's 7.

That leaves your AFC North teams. You don't often see someone sweep the Ravens/Steelers series, but it Baltimore does it and the Bills beat the Steelers, that's the easiest way to get them to 9-7. The Steelers also have the Giants who I'm not sure if they are good or not. For the Ravens, they could get to 7 losses if they lose to the Patriots and Steelers.

None of this is THAT crazy when you look at it. But the NFL isn't predictable. Buffalo's best shot, IMO, short of going 11-5, would be 10-6 with the loss being to an Oakland team that wins the AFC West and challenges New England for home field (to make the NE/MIA week 17 game matter)

Good post!