The Chiefs Have Real Problems

For Buffalo to make it at 10-6, assuming New England and Oakland hold their bye slots, you need three of four teams to finish 9-7 out of the group of KC, Denver, Pittsburgh/Baltimore (one will win the division and be out of the WC picture), and Miami.

Let's say KC is actually a bad team and falls apart to a 9-7/8-8 record with losses to Denver twice, Oakland once, and Atlanta or Tennessee. That drops them out of consideration.

For Buffalo to get to 10-6, I think everyone assumes splitting Pittsburgh /Oakland and winning the rest. That gets Miami to 6 losses. One loss by the Dolphins to Baltimore, Arizona or New England and that's 7.

That leaves your AFC North teams. You don't often see someone sweep the Ravens/Steelers series, but it Baltimore does it and the Bills beat the Steelers, that's the easiest way to get them to 9-7. The Steelers also have the Giants who I'm not sure if they are good or not. For the Ravens, they could get to 7 losses if they lose to the Patriots and Steelers.

None of this is THAT crazy when you look at it. But the NFL isn't predictable. Buffalo's best shot, IMO, short of going 11-5, would be 10-6 with the loss being to an Oakland team that wins the AFC West and challenges New England for home field (to make the NE/MIA week 17 game matter)

At 10-6 Id be counting on the Ravens or Steelers to fall apart

Last year same thing said made it

2013 same thing said made it

2010 same things said made it

But ok they are what their record it if they fall off they fall off

We'll see at the end of the year. I bet they'll be a playoff team.

The fact they almost always win the close ones is what separates them from teams like us. Last year they lost JCharles for the season at 1-5 remember that? That 'king of mediocrity" team ran the table into the playoffs. 10 strait wins. Thats good coaching and execution in crucial game times. I dont see them losing out this year but, I can see the Bills sneaking in the WC at 10-6

Edited by Marty McFly

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 10-6 Id be counting on the Ravens or Steelers to fall apart

The fact they almost always win the close ones is what separates them from teams like us. Last year they lost JCharles for the season at 1-5 remember that? That 'king of mediocrity" team ran the table into the playoffs. 10 strait wins. Thats good coaching and execution in crucial game times. I dont see them losing out this year but, I can see the Bills sneaking in the WC at 10-6

Except in the playoffs. Epic collapse/choke job against the Colts (up by 4 TDs in the third and lose by a point!).

Classic Reid game/clock mismanagement last year against NE (down by 2 scores in the 4th, he gets off only six plays between 4 min to go and the 2 min warning--and that's WITH NE calling a TO. He uses ZERO TO's, guaranteeing that would be their last scoring possession).

I never said he was "great", I said he was at least a step above Wrex....and he is.

What "great coach" do you think is going to come to such a plum job as Tyrod Taylor's Buffalo Bills?

It's not that it can't happen, but it's unlikely that there will be a great coach available, and ready to accept the job when Wrex inevitably crashes. If Reid was available at that time, I would be happy to bring him in.

No, I would take a playoff appearance any day. But why even mention that--it's has little to dimwit this discussion of whether Andy Reid, post McNabb, is a very good HC. He's not. No more than Marvin Lewis--another master of playoff futility. Is he a very good coach too? Of course not.

Rex is a clown. But Reid is clueless. Watch him coach on Sundays--especially in late January and then come back and tell us all wha a great HC he is.

I know you're not a Bills fan but it's hard to laugh at coaches who annually make the playoffs. But I guess when you have a superstar qb like Alex Smith, you should be winning multiple SBs.

Except in the playoffs. Epic collapse/choke job against the Colts (up by 4 TDs in the third and lose by a point!).

Classic Reid game/clock mismanagement last year against NE (down by 2 scores in the 4th, he gets off only six plays between 4 min to go and the 2 min warning--and that's WITH NE calling a TO. He uses ZERO TO's, guaranteeing that would be their last scoring possession).

Good examples. Still doesnt change the fact he won 10 strait to get there. Also took the Eagles to the NFC championship rite? Or was that a SuperBowl? I think both.

That's why even though many here are rooting for Raiders losses, I hope they keep winning. Puts pressure on the Pats to keep winning to get home field

I want the Raiders to win for many reasons:

• Great for UB showing the team can produce an outstanding DE/LB
  • Give Raiders home field advantage meaning less likely a certain east coast team to get home field advantage throughout playoffs
  • Lots of whining by T*m Br*dy about how they should have had home field advantage except for his fascination with deflated balls and Bills beating P*ts week 4
  • Really stir up the hornet nest of Raiders leaving Oakland

I know you're not a Bills fan but it's hard to laugh at coaches who annually make the playoffs. But I guess when you have a superstar qb like Alex Smith, you should be winning multiple SBs.

It's easy to laugh at Reid. And he doesn't make the playoffs annually. Why do you keep repeating that?

I know you aren't a fan of fact based reasoning (see above), but Smith made it to the NFCC with Jim Harbaugh.

Reid's coaching genius began and ended with Donovan McNabb. In the seven seasons since they parted ways, Reid has appeared in 3 playoffs (not 7) and had won a single playoff game out of 4. One can more logically make conclude that Reid squanders the efforts of good teams when it counts than concluding he is a superior HC in the NFL.

Why didn't you include all of that in your response?

It's easy to laugh at Reid. And he doesn't make the playoffs annually. Why do you keep repeating that?

I know you aren't a fan of fact based reasoning (see above), but Smith made it to the NFCC with Jim Harbaugh.

Reid's coaching genius began and ended with Donovan McNabb. In the seven seasons since they parted ways, Reid has appeared in 3 playoffs (not 7) and had won a single playoff game out of 4. One can more logically make conclude that Reid squanders the efforts of good teams when it counts than concluding he is a superior HC in the NFL.

Why didn't you include all of that in your response?

You're so right. He has only made the playoffs 11 times in his career. What a loser! And my God! He had 3 losing seasons in 18 years! A really good coach would have had 0!

The 49ers were so impressed with Smith, they benched him the next year. He had career high of td passes of 17 & 18 in SF. He has beaten that 3 times in KC under Reid.

Also, great point on McNabb. Dude killed it in Minnesota and Washington without Reid! And Reid definitely deserved zero credit for helping The dog killer Mike Vick have the best passing season of his career.

Reid sucks. You won another argument WEO. Happy thanksgiving to you and enjoy arguing with your family about the color of the turkey tomorrow!

Reid has made the playoffs 11 times in 18 seasons. Rex dreams of a percentage that high. You act like McNab was a HoF QB.

I think but may have mixed him up with someone else.... that WEO does think McNabb is worthy of HoF consideration. Not that he said he should be in but I think he said he should be considered before guys like Rivers (who will make semi final shortlists etc... whether he gets in I am less sure).

You're so right. He has only made the playoffs 11 times in his career. What a loser! And my God! He had 3 losing seasons in 18 years! A really good coach would have had 0!

The 49ers were so impressed with Smith, they benched him the next year. He had career high of td passes of 17 & 18 in SF. He has beaten that 3 times in KC under Reid.

Also, great point on McNabb. Dude killed it in Minnesota and Washington without Reid! And Reid definitely deserved zero credit for helping The dog killer Mike Vick have the best passing season of his career.

Reid sucks. You won another argument WEO. Happy thanksgiving to you and enjoy arguing with your family about the color of the turkey tomorrow!

B-)

Edited by dave mcbride

Not sure what you mean by "problems".

They'll make the playoffs again. Are they good enough to make a run in the playoffs? I doubt it, but they'll be there and we will most likely not be.

"Problems"-See linked article from the OP titled The Chiefs Have Real Problems. Much in the same way that, yes, we won yesterday and the week before, but we also have problems.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88