Dear A Lynn, More Gillislee please!!!

YoloinOhio

And fewer designed QB runs unless they want TT to get killed.

@salsports

Mike Gillislee has been pretty remarkable in his 15 games in a Bills uni. Has only 103 carries for 593 yards, averaging 5.8 yards/carry!

That 5.8 yards/carry, by the way, is a Bills franchise record for any RB with at least 100 rushes.

Agreed. He adds a nice spark to the run game. He finds a hole and explodes (McCoy is more of a flashy cutback runner). They make a great combo.

And agree on Tyrod in read option...overused. Put Tyrod under center a few times so he can establish the play action pass.

Looked a lot like a Roman coached offense at the end of the game, run for 8 yards, then try a couple plays to trick or catch the defense off guard. If they would have just pounded the ball, they could have wrapped up that game in a much cleaner fashion...

Edited by ricojes

I love the McCoy/Gillislee combo. And using Mike more will keep McCoy fresh even if it's for next year. Honestly when used correctly (and executed well with blocking) it's very hard to stop. I wanted to kick the dog when they ran Mike all the way down the field and then at the goal line start trying to pass it. Whyyyyy

They aren't the only team that does this either

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tyrod looked to have lost a step yesterday. That one big hit really affected him, especially. I don't think Burfect could have gotten to him earlier in the season.

Saw the same thing. I wonder if that's his groin bugging him? If so, why are you calling run plays for Tyrod?

As for Gillislee, it looked like he came out of the game after one or two runs. Was he getting that tired?

Speaking of Gillislee, how many times does the guy have to get his helmet ripped off before there's a call? The first one yesterday by the Bills 10 yard line was the most egregious. I watched the slo-mo on my DVR and the Bengals guy ripped his helmet off violently. I recall the Bills getting flagged 15 yds opening day for finger inside the helmet opening...or some nonsense like that. Also, Burfect is allowed to dive in and slam Woods while he is already down on the ground?!? Hard to believe how quickly they threw personal foul flags on Buffalo yesterday but not Cinci.

I love the McCoy/Gillislee combo. And using Mike more will keep McCoy fresh even if it's for next year. Honestly when used correctly (and executed well with blocking) it's very hard to stop. I wanted to kick the dog when they ran Mike all the way down the field and then at the goal line start trying to pass it. Whyyyyy

MG could be to Shady what Ken Davis was to Thurman back when we very good.

As for Gillislee, it looked like he came out of the game after one or two runs. Was he getting that tired?

I think he was at the end of the 4th. He had carried the load to that point. Love this guy though. When people were saying pre-season that JWill would jump him on the depth chart I fought Gillislee's corner. He is not just some JAG running back we picked up off the street.... he is a gem that the league missed and we are reaping the benefit.

Saw the same thing. I wonder if that's his groin bugging him? If so, why are you calling run plays for Tyrod?

Was also wondering since the end of the Seattle game. On the 2nd & goal in the last series, he had a clear running lane and a step on the DB to the sideline, but decided to cut inside. If he was fully healthy, that's a run to the goal line if not a TD.

@salsports

Mike Gillislee has been pretty remarkable in his 15 games in a Bills uni. Has only 103 carries for 593 yards, averaging 5.8 yards/carry!

That 5.8 yards/carry, by the way, is a Bills franchise record for any RB with at least 100 rushes.

Nice to know I'm not the only one thinking the same thing :thumbsup:

once we get inside the 5 yard line we don't have a clue what to call. We were like this with Roman as well.

once we get inside the 5 yard line we don't have a clue what to call. We were like this with Roman as well.

it is so frustrating especially considering TT was having a bad day passing and we were down our top 2 WRs. Clay did drop one but you can't tell me they ever see the TT to Clay connection as a high percentage red zone play. Just run the damn ball in those situations because it was the only thing they were doing well Edited by YoloinOhio

@salsports

I agree Gillislee has been great in replacing Shady when needed, Its almost like A. Lynn doesn't have the confidence that he can do as much as Shady .

But the numbers don't lie !! Use TD Mike more A.Lynn !!

No, he was hurting. It looked like maybe his shoulder, but you could tell he was in discomfort.

it is so frustrating especially considering TT was having a bad day passing and we were down our top 2 WRs. Clay did drop one but you can't tell me they ever see the TT to Clay connection as a high percentage red zone play. Just run the damn ball in those situations because it was the only thing they were doing well

Early in the 4th Tate was wide open on an out and TT simply missed him because he was locked in to another target. But I do agree, pound that ball. And don't put McCoy and Bush out there in a short yardage situation, use Felton!

@salsports

100% agree Yolo. 25ish total touches for shady. 15 touches for TD mike.

it is so frustrating especially considering TT was having a bad day passing and we were down our top 2 WRs. Clay did drop one but you can't tell me they ever see the TT to Clay connection as a high percentage red zone play. Just run the damn ball in those situations because it was the only thing they were doing well

we are predictable. There was a while where every time we were in the pistol we ran the option. Only the last game or two have we changed it up a little.

If TT would just look down field when he tucks the ball and looks to run there is ALWAYS some one open!!! He would make defenses and coordinators have a fit because at some point you gotta break coverage to tackle him and right at the line find the open option. Design his whole arsenal of passing plays to have continuation routes by his receivers and they would be unstoppable. Gotta get Taylor to look down field first though. We all know how many wide open receivers he leaves screaming for the ball