Tension mounts as more change feared in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

They picked the wrong year to go 0-16. No QB that I have seen looks like a first round pick let alone the first overall.

That is not to say a QB or more that one will not be drafted in the first round. I just don't see any good ones entering the draft this year.

Sadly, they can't even peak when they suck. Or pick when they peak. What a mess... :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. I personally just love the load up on draft pick philosophy. The draft is so fluky that with the more picks you have, you just hope to get lucky.

They can get a big time pass rusher like Myles Garrett and then have a ton of picks to either draft guys or make trades.

If you're going to be bad, be really, really bad. Bills bad gets you nothing. I actually think we are a prettt good drafting team but we miss out on some franchise changing talent.

This guy gets it. Winning 8ish games a year is suicide

If you guys do the Twitter thing, following Chris will truly make you feel better about the Bills - @Reflog_18

If they do fire Hue after a year, no coach should touch it. It's the poisoned chalice of the NFL.

The Browns will not go winless. They will finish 3-13 after a 3 game winning streak in December

Wait a minute. Does that mean you're saying the Bills lose to them?

How about this: what do you think would happen if Cleveland won only one game and it was against the Bills?

If you guys do the Twitter thing, following Chris will truly make you feel better about the Bills - @Reflog_18

If they do fire Hue after a year, no coach should touch it. It's the poisoned chalice of the NFL.

that looks like a funny account. I live in the Browns media market so I always feel better about the Bills :lol:

Thank you Terry and Kim. I think the Bills have a pretty good FO. Not sure yet about the coach, but the foundation starts in the FO. Stability and consistency of vision and approach are so important. Hue Jackson, Mike Pettine are both good coaches who have been fed into the sausage machine. In another era, I would be happy with Jackson as OC and Pettine as DC.

No, Pettine had no other HC offers and was never going to get any.

Jackson DOVE into that sausage machine by choice--turning down an interview (and certain hire) with the Giants so he could work his "magic" with the Browns.

He's a fraud as HC.

It would be the ultimate in billsy outcomes.

Ultimate in Billsyness would be to win 6 in a row, have a win and you're in scenario heading into the Jets game, lose, have 10 wins, no playoffs and a crap draft pick.

They picked the wrong year to go 0-16. No QB that I have seen looks like a first round pick let alone the first overall.

That is not to say a QB or more that one will not be drafted in the first round. I just don't see any good ones entering the draft this year.

It's not required that the number one pick be a QB. They have a ton of picks that they can use on players or more picks. Take a QB somewhere meanwhile use those other picks to restock as many other positions as possible. If they continue to suck they'll have a much better roster and another shot at a QB the following year. I'd prefer to be in their position than ours. I at least see a way out for them. With a mediocre record the Bills will have to hope to hit on a QB not considered top tier. To this point their record of success in that scenario is not overwhelmingly positive.

I wish the league would re align periodically. A cleveland, cinci, pitt, buffalo division would be so cool. Create some new rivalries, put a handful of away games within reasonable driving distances, etc.

Guarantee a lot more sellouts for struggling clubs like Cleveland.

Imagine Jets Giants Philly Patriots

Fins, tampa, Jville, atlanta etc

True. I personally just love the load up on draft pick philosophy. The draft is so fluky that with the more picks you have, you just hope to get lucky.

They can get a big time pass rusher like Myles Garrett and then have a ton of picks to either draft guys or make trades.

If you're going to be bad, be really, really bad. Bills bad gets you nothing. I actually think we are a prettt good drafting team but we miss out on some franchise changing talent.

This x1000

The quantity philosophy is the correct approach. While i agree whaley has an eye for defensive talent, he is not doing the right thing with trading up. Injuries are the way of the land, and high 1st rounders are very overrated. If you have a gm and a good scouting team, very serviceable nfl players are there for the taking... and you also have enough capital to take a shot at a player like wilson, prescott, etc. Its tempting to fixate on specific ncaa talent in rounds 1 and 2... but many of those guys lose value the minute they drive off the lot.

I would be optimistic if i were a browns fan.

This x1000

The quantity philosophy is the correct approach. While i agree whaley has an eye for defensive talent, he is not doing the right thing with trading up. Injuries are the way of the land, and high 1st rounders are very overrated. If you have a gm and a good scouting team, very serviceable nfl players are there for the taking... and you also have enough capital to take a shot at a player like wilson, prescott, etc. Its tempting to fixate on specific ncaa talent in rounds 1 and 2... but many of those guys lose value the minute they drive off the lot.

I would be optimistic if i were a browns fan.

You really didn't need a good GM or a really special scouting department to "take a chance" on guy like Wilson.

He was a 3rd round pick...a nothing pick in today's NFL. All you needed was anyone on the Bills FO (Whaley, even, for instance) who had a television so they could have watched Wilson play football in college (either college).

The Browns are doomed because the guys running the FO don't know how to play in the NFL.

Thank you Terry and Kim. I think the Bills have a pretty good FO. Not sure yet about the coach, but the foundation starts in the FO. Stability and consistency of vision and approach are so important. Hue Jackson, Mike Pettine are both good coaches who have been fed into the sausage machine. In another era, I would be happy with Jackson as OC and Pettine as DC.

+1. The front office ij Cleveland have received bounty after bounty for transferring their right to pick at the top of the draft..and yet no blue chip playmakers have emerged from that pool. On the other hand the Bills have stayed in the middle-of-mediocrity always picking in the 10-20 range and yet have built a decent roster that competes day in day out. I prefer that team any day. Kudos for that goes to Whaley. Does he have flaws...absolutely...but he has done his job.

+1. The front office ij Cleveland have received bounty after bounty for transferring their right to pick at the top of the draft..and yet no blue chip playmakers have emerged from that pool. On the other hand the Bills have stayed in the middle-of-mediocrity always picking in the 10-20 range and yet have built a decent roster that competes day in day out. I prefer that team any day. Kudos for that goes to Whaley. Does he have flaws...absolutely...but he has done his job.

Big fan of 6-10 to 8-8 huh?

Wait a minute. Does that mean you're saying the Bills lose to them?

How about this: what do you think would happen if Cleveland won only one game and it was against the Bills?

Yes, I am saying the Browns will beat the Bills

Browns fans are starting to embrace the idea of 0-16. But they're the Browns which means they'll !@#$ it up and win a game.

That game will be against the Bengals.

Then after beating the Bengals they will rip off wins against the Bills and Chargers to push back their draft position

It's a very Browns thing to do

Edited by /dev/null

And Hue clearly doesn't want 0-16 on his resume. He seems desperate for a win.

Does ANY coach or player want that on their resume??

That's why the idea of a "tank" is funny in pro sports is funny to me - "Oh I'm one of the best coaches / athletes in the world! That 0 - 16 season? Pay no attention to THAT year!"

Winning is how they get jobs, endorsements and keep their careers going...

Trust me Jackson WANTS to win as many as possible, draft position be damned.