Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

Everyone who reads the news knows a 2% agreement was made in 2006. They are probably going to wait until the deadline to meet the full quota. Yawn. I already answered your second question.

Goodnight sweetheart, I can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Lies.

Flat out lies. Pretending that NATO spending was:

1. common knowledge

2. on the tips of everybody's tongue as a problem

is a flat out lie.

Nobody said a word, beyond a few random R congressman, about NATO's spending/priority problems for a decade. Then, Trump comes along and makes it a front and center issue, and you are going to pretend that "you knew it all along". Horeschit!

As far as the timing: you are going with "Oh wow, they made a new anti-terror command to make Trump and his supporters happy. Big deal.", as already having answered my question? :lol:

Yeah, "Trump Supporters" have a direct line to NATO HQ, and, NATO HQ reports directly to: my mom and her facebook friends.

Totally irrational. This is further evidence of how the left can't do anything real against Trump. They are too stupid, and too emotional, to be effective.

The pro-Trump people at the food bank he wants to cut still love him

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/16/wyoming-county-voters-stand-trump-despite-budget-cuts/

PERRY – The crowd at a monthly food pantry in this Wyoming County town of about 4,500 turned out to be a perfect microcosm of the most pro-Trump county in New York, where 72 percent of voters pulled the lever for the rebellious Republican candidate for president.

Waiting to gather their food from a nonprofit that might have to shut down if President Trump's budget becomes law, seven out of 10 people interviewed last week said Trump was still their man, their president, no matter what his budget says.

"I'd vote for him again 20 more times if I could," said Hal McWilliams, 59, a self-employed contractor from Portageville. "Build the wall! ...Democrats do everything in their power to destroy this country. Hillary Clinton was everything I am against. She was out to destroy the culture that made this country: Hard work, guns, freedom."

Community Action runs a host of programs, from job training to rental assistance to housing weatherization, all funded by the Community Services Block Grant and other federal programs that Trump wants to eliminate or dramatically cut.

That seemed to be of little concern to most of the people packing their pickups with fresh produce and other items at last week's food bank.

Told that the food bank was in danger, McWilliams shrugged and said: "I grow most of my own food anyway."

Lies.

Flat out lies. Pretending that NATO spending was:

1. common knowledge

2. on the tips of everybody's tongue as a problem

is a flat out lie.

Nobody said a word, beyond a few random R congressman, about NATO's spending/priority problems for a decade. Then, Trump comes along and makes it a front and center issue, and you are going to pretend that "you knew it all along". Horeschit!

As far as the timing: you are going with "Oh wow, they made a new anti-terror command to make Trump and his supporters happy. Big deal.", as already having answered my question? :lol:

Yeah, "Trump Supporters" have a direct line to NATO HQ, and, NATO HQ reports directly to: my mom and her facebook friends.

Totally irrational. This is further evidence of how the left can't do anything real against Trump. They are too stupid, and too emotional, to be effective.

Can you read? I'm not on the left. You are the one who sounds emotional and is whining. I said they made that new command to make trump and his supporters happy, and it seems like it worked on you.

I bet you didn't even read the good link Alf posted. It said people have been complaining about NATO not doing or spending enough, going back to the 70s.

Edited by gatorbait

• 4 weeks later...

You require total rocks in your head if you believe this is ever happening...

Not until Israel moves the government to Jerusalem. Which is never happening.

Otherwise...it's like Canada moving their embassy from DC to Omaha, Nebraska.

Not until Israel moves the government to Jerusalem. Which is never happening.

Canada proposed recognizing the move out of Tel Aviv in the late 1970s. That was foolishness, even with hearts in the right place...

The smoke and fire that would arise from forcing it to Jerusalem would be seen over on this side of the world...

Canada proposed recognizing the move out of Tel Aviv in the late 1970s. That was foolishness, even with hearts in the right place...

The smoke and fire that would arise from forcing it to Jerusalem would be seen over on this side of the world...

I hate to reference works of fiction, but I do think there's something to Tom Clancy's idea in Sum of all Fears. Just make the city a World Heritage Site, subject to no nation's sovereignty, and put a multinational force in there for peacekeeping and security.

I hate to reference works of fiction, but I do think there's something to Tom Clancy's idea in Sum of all Fears. Just make the city a World Heritage Site, subject to no nation's sovereignty, and put a multinational force in there for peacekeeping and security.

Oooooooor just remove the arabs. Could do that.

• 1 month later...

Trump promised the American public, "We're going to have insurance for everybody.... Everybody's going to be taken care of." He vowed his health care policy would offer "lower premiums" with "much lower deductibles." And perhaps most importantly, Trump swore, over and over again, in writing and in public remarks, that he would never cut Medicaid. And yet yesterday Trump threw his support behind a Senate GOP bill that won't cover everybody, would increase consumer costs, and cuts Medicaid by hundreds of billions of dollars.

This is a profound betrayal to those Americans who actually believed Trump's assurances, and voted for him because they expected the Republican to honor his word.

What's the White House's explanation for the presidential perfidy? Trump's budget director recently questioned the importance of the Medicaid promise, which probably won't offer much comfort to families poised to suffer.

What's more, it's not just Trump.

Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) recently said, before he knew about his party's plans to gut Medicaid, "We cannot pull the rug out from under states like Nevada that expanded Medicaid." Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) has made similar comments, as have other GOP senators.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-and-health-care-promises-made-promises-broken/amp

Trump promised the American public, "We're going to have insurance for everybody.... Everybody's going to be taken care of." He vowed his health care policy would offer "lower premiums" with "much lower deductibles." And perhaps most importantly, Trump swore, over and over again, in writing and in public remarks, that he would never cut Medicaid. And yet yesterday Trump threw his support behind a Senate GOP bill that won't cover everybody, would increase consumer costs, and cuts Medicaid by hundreds of billions of dollars.

This is a profound betrayal to those Americans who actually believed Trump's assurances, and voted for him because they expected the Republican to honor his word.

What's the White House's explanation for the presidential perfidy? Trump's budget director recently questioned the importance of the Medicaid promise, which probably won't offer much comfort to families poised to suffer.

What's more, it's not just Trump.

Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) recently said, before he knew about his party's plans to gut Medicaid, "We cannot pull the rug out from u

https://www.google.com/amp/www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-and-health-care-promises-made-promises-broken/amp

NOW you care about broken promises!?!?

NOW?!

You dumbass. There was a time you were more coherent than this.

What happened?

The New York Times used a full page in this week's paper to print out every lie President Donald Trump has publicly told since taking office just over five months ago.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/06/25/the-new-york-times-used-a-full-page-to-print-all-of-trumps-lies-taking-office/23001261/

It's easy but he's making a run for worst president ever. It will be interesting to see where he is after 2 years. Seems hard to believe he can keep up this pace.

It's easy but he's making a run for worst president ever. It will be interesting to see where he is after 2 years. Seems hard to believe he can keep up this pace.

:lol:

such short historical perspective.

One need only look to BARACK OBAMA to find the worst president we've ever had.

Oh for Pete's sake.

:lol:

such short historical perspective.

One need only look to BARACK OBAMA to find the worst president we've ever had.

Oh for Pete's sake.

Wait a minute. Does every Podunk country in the world actually get an embassy? Aren't there some standards they must meet?

Edited by 4merper4mer