Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

Feminist Journalist: Sex Will ‘Get A Lot Less Fun’ Under Trump.

IT’S COME TO THIS: Ohio State student: ‘After terrorist attack I’ve learned Left’s more scared of Trump than ISIS.’

MEGAN MCARDLE: The Left’s Doomed Effort to Coerce the Right.

Over the last few years, as controversies have erupted over the rights of cake bakers and pizza places to refuse to cater gay weddings, the rights of nuns to refuse to provide insurance that covers birth control, the rights of Catholic hospitals to refuse to perform abortions, and the rights of Christian schools to teach (and require students and teachers to practice) traditional Christian morality, some Christians have begun to feel that their communities are under existential threat.

The response from the left has (mostly) been that this is so much whining, clinging to a victimhood belied by Christians’ social power and majority status. No one, they have been assured, wants to touch their freedom to worship, but when they enter the commercial realm, they have to abide by anti-discrimination laws, whatever their private beliefs.

What happened to the Gaines family makes that feel like a false assurance. Buzzfeed had no evidence that the Gaines family was discriminating. (It is true that they have not featured any gay couples on their show, but they live in Waco, Texas; how many gay couples had applied?) They had not, as Mozilla’s Brendan Eich did, donated to an anti-gay-marriage campaign. The entire substance of the article is: “They attend a church where the pastor espouses something I find reprehensible.”

What message does this send? “Sure, the government won’t actually shut your church down. But the left will use its positions of institutional power to try to hound anyone who attends that church from public life. You can believe whatever you want — but if we catch you, or if we even catch you in proximity to people who believe it, we will threaten your livelihood.”

Punch back twice as hard, as a famous man once said.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. If you require federal legislation and regulations for sex to be fun, you are REALLY doing it wrong. :lol:

I guess it's a buzzkill when you can't have things paid for you, like birth control and have to wait a few more seconds while your partner puts on a condom. But I'm sure finding out he gave you an STD is real fun.

CALIFORNIA DREAMING?

It’s hard to single out the most delicious example of the post-Trump liberal freak out, but the din about California secession has to rank high on the list. Among other obvious things, California provided Hillary Clinton with her entire margin of victory in the popular vote—without California, Trump wins the popular vote in the other 49 states handily. (Without California and the five boroughs of New York City, Trump’s popular vote victory starts to approach a landslide.)

California certainly is out of step with the rest of the nation (especially the fact that, with about 13 percent of the nation’s population, it has over 20 percent of the nation’s total welfare caseload. Progressive government that works!)

{snip}

CA-Sucession.jpeg

But hey, California, we’re constantly told, is the sixth largest economy in the world. Should be easy, no? On second thought, I’ll bet some California liberals will reconsider, and come up with a slogan like, “Stronger Together.” Oh, wait. . .

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/12/california-dreaming-2.php

Edited by B-Man

So now it's not a "Hate" crime? :unsure:

It's so hard to keep up with these things.

One thing's for sure, the Left's mindset will never change. Every anonymously scribbled Trump graffiti across the land was made by pro-Trump supporters to add to the racial hatred that he espouses. :wallbash:

So now it's not a "Hate" crime? :unsure:

It's so hard to keep up with these things.

One thing's for sure, the Left's mindset will never change. Every anonymously scribbled Trump graffiti across the land was made by pro-Trump supporters to add to the racial hatred that he espouses. :wallbash:

No get the narrative straight. Every anonymously scribble Trump graffiti could have been done by any Trump supporter.

I guess this is as good as thread as any to laugh about Bernie complaining that Carrier got the best of Trump, even though Trump borrowed a page from Bernie's book of harassing businesses to get what you want.

OUT ON A LIMB: Relax, Liberals, The Third Reich Isn’t on the Way.

Well, that’s a relief. Could somebody talk this would-be Dietrich Bonhoeffer off the ledge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X77K_zeZUu4

Carlson: Do you think it's ok to refuse to do business with people you disagree with

Blachfield: Absolutely

Hmmm I wonder how he feels about people refusing to do business those in a same sex marriage. Or worse yet people who are not gay but sympathize with those in same sex marriages. I didn't listen to the whole thing so Carlson may have asked him that. I know I would have. Guy comes off as a royal (and I very rarely use this word) douche.

I guess it's a buzzkill when you can't have things paid for you, like birth control and have to wait a few more seconds while your partner puts on a condom. But I'm sure finding out he gave you an STD is real fun.

Well , She does have a point. I've always voted dem because of this and to keep abortion legal. Women need to be willing to have recreational sex . Condoms suck for us guys. Better just to both get tested and be done with it. Couldn't vote for Hillary tho and voted for Trump. I hope things don't change much w regard to Roe v Wade. The ACA needs to be repealed. Christians can do their own thing as long as it doesn't affect the rest of us.

Well , She does have a point. I've always voted dem because of this and to keep abortion legal. Women need to be willing to have recreational sex . Condoms suck for us guys. Better just to both get tested and be done with it. Couldn't vote for Hillary tho and voted for Trump. I hope things don't change much w regard to Roe v Wade. The ACA needs to be repealed. Christians can do their own thing as long as it doesn't affect the rest of us.

Anyone who thinks that a US president is directly tied to how much they will enjoy sex absolutely, positively needs to just STFU and hide in their closet.

So you're a single issue voter, and your single issue is "I want to have unprotected sex"?

/golfclap

Women need to be willing to have recreational sex?

What the !@#$ is that?