Eric Wood has broken leg

MDH

He is a throw back guy for sure, his career has been up and down but I admire his attitude and effort. FWIW Hughes had an interview calling the hit dirty as well. Gilmore still loves Sherm though and that's all that matters right 24? Love.

Yeah, I made a post about Gilly and Sherman swapping jerseys and got flamed for it.

Eric sounds so depressed that he can't play, especially in Cincinatti. He is a true Buffalo Bill through and though.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TBNSports

Buffalo News Sports Retweeted Eric Wood

.@viccarucci's post today on the effect of @ewood's injury on the #Bills: http://bit.ly/2fmhW4G

OMG cry me a river Vic.

Lewis stepped in and was the starting center for the Seahawks when they made a late season playoff push. If he was good enough to do that for a team that could easily have reached the SB then there shouldn't be a ton of excuses here with the 4 other OL still intact.

Wood has been a good player in this scheme and he's likely to be missed but everyone has injuries and losing Wood does not change your identity like losing Tyrod or Sammy does.

One of the key factors in having a dangerously mobile QB is that it takes a ton of heat off of the interior OL.

I've made the Jerry Ostroski point here before........teams are reluctant to pressure mobile QB's up the middle for fear of losing contain and the very mediocre Jerry O turned the advantage of being Flutie's center into a lucrative contract.

There is no question in my mind that the combination of Tyrod and the Roman scheme has elevated the perception of Wood greatly. Under Marrone and Gailey he wasn't nearly as good. Heck, two years ago he even thought he might get cut.

Speaking of Wood's injury........I think the key to his longevity has been playing within himself. He hasn't been an "anchor" type center for many years now and I think it's possible that in the heat of the moment......in a "high leverage" intense situation.....a rare situation for a Bills player........he was trying to do more than normal and that might have lead to another broken leg.

That's just my speculation but he's noticeably been on skates in goal line and short yardage very often in recent years which I attributed to concerns about his frequent early career leg injuries.

OMG cry me a river Vic.

Lewis stepped in and was the starting center for the Seahawks when they made a late season playoff push. If he was good enough to do that for a team that could easily have reached the SB then there shouldn't be a ton of excuses here with the 4 other OL still intact.

Wood has been a good player in this scheme and he's likely to be missed but everyone has injuries and losing Wood does not change your identity like losing Tyrod or Sammy does.

One of the key factors in having a dangerously mobile QB is that it takes a ton of heat off of the interior OL.

I've made the Jerry Ostroski point here before........teams are reluctant to pressure mobile QB's up the middle for fear of losing contain and the very mediocre Jerry O turned the advantage of being Flutie's center into a lucrative contract.

There is no question in my mind that the combination of Tyrod and the Roman scheme has elevated the perception of Wood greatly. Under Marrone and Gailey he wasn't nearly as good. Heck, two years ago he even thought he might get cut.

Speaking of Wood's injury........I think the key to his longevity has been playing within himself. He hasn't been an "anchor" type center for many years now and I think it's possible that in the heat of the moment......in a "high leverage" intense situation.....a rare situation for a Bills player........he was trying to do more than normal and that might have lead to another broken leg.

That's just my speculation but he's noticeably been on skates in goal line and short yardage very often in recent years which I attributed to concerns about his frequent early career leg injuries.

He said on an interview that he had made his initial block and was looking to go forward and get out to the second level and grab an LB, but the DT he was up against kept him in place allowing the washout behind him and to the side to get to his planted foot/leg.

He said on an interview that he had made his initial block and was looking to go forward and get out to the second level and grab an LB, but the DT he was up against kept him in place allowing the washout behind him and to the side to get to his planted foot/leg.

Yeah it wasn't just an anchor and snap like the last time his leg got broken, this time he got rolled up on while engaged. I just wonder if he wasn't anchoring more than normal because of the gravity of the situation. Pushing DT's back isn't really he's thing. Just speculation but that play was one of the more intense moments the Bills have been in during his entire career. Sad to say......but moments like that are scarce for the Bills.

I'm with you on this point, #BADOL...I think Lewis will do fine as a replacement for the rest of this season. I'm more worried about Mills.

It's a slap in the face......deserved or not.......to the coaching staff when guys that aren't playmakers are cited as irreplaceable.

And heres's another thing........if sh*t gets REALLY bad at center.......move Incognito to center. He was a good center.