Jerry Jones is a better GM than Whaley

Dak Prescott (will be stuck in wage scale for four years)

Zeke Elliot (monster RB with four more years)

Jaylon Smith (Top 10 talent...wait and see for 2017)

O Line ...enough said

Jerry has assembled a strong young team. Is already re-doing some O line contracts, defense may be suspect, but look what he assembled in one or two years.

Meanwhile, in Buffalo:

Tyrod

Old Shady with a lot of $$$

Dareus (3rd pick, lots o' $$$, groin is ouchy)

Sammy (gave away three first round picks for a WR with a hurt foot)

Lorax (love the guy but age will catch up to him)

Shaq (missed 7 games)

Gilmore...(fill in the blank)

Jerry has every reason to be named "GM of the Year"

Edited by BringBackFergy

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry is a better fan than Bills fans.

He has stuck with Garrett through many disappointing seasons, tweaked the staff instead of "cleaning house", and what they now have is an established offensive system, and the proper coaching staff to develop a QB.

Garrett (HC), Linehan (OC), and Wilson (QB) are not only all former QBs, they are all former Cowboy QBs. Their entire philosophy revolves around QB success.

This has little to nothing to do with the GM.

side note: Love how you bag on Whaley for Shaq missing time, but give Cowboys credit for Jaylon Smith's future potential.

Edited by DrDareustein

It only took him like 20 years and overpaying about 100 losers, but YES! He finally got something going over there in DFW.

They do have a good team right now.

Oh yeah, almost forgot... Whaley sucks

Dak might turn out good. Only saw one game but he was OK in it. Elliot and his line for sure help him out

Wentz............looks great with no help on that team. Just a really old Darren Sproles, who also looked good

All of which makes for me tough to view TT. Give him a pass because he has no weapons, but then watch a guy like Wentz succeed. IDK

He has stuck with Garrett through many disappointing seasons, tweaked the staff instead of "cleaning house", and what they now have is an established offensive system, and the proper coaching staff to develop a QB.

Garrett (HC), Linehan (OC), and Wilson (QB) are not only all former QBs, they are all former Cowboy QBs. Their entire philosophy revolves around QB success.

side note: Love how you bag on Whaley for Shaq missing time, but give Cowboys credit for Jaylon Smith's future potential.

Good analysis. I see you follow the Cowboys. Your comments about the "offensive system" are spot on.

(I edited my original post to remove my criticism of Shaq - although we were all told Shaq would play "off the bus". Jerry knew Jaylon was out for the year.)

Good analysis. I see you follow the Cowboys. Your comments about the "offensive system" are spot on.

(I edited my original post to remove my criticism of Shaq - although we were all told Shaq would play "off the bus". Jerry knew Jaylon was out for the year.)

Jaylon may very well be out for his career.

O Line ...enough said

Jerry has assembled a strong young team. Is already re-doing some O line contracts, defense may be suspect, but look what he assembled in one or two years.

Meanwhile, in Buffalo:

Tyrod

Shaq (missed 7 games)

If Jerry is GM of the Year, that makes him not only better than Whaley, but also than every other GM in the league.

Hope that 31 teams have their woodchippers fired up...

Regarding the Shaq/Jaylon comparison

What exactly is the difference....and as a matter of fact wouldnt Whaley deserve big time credit for finding a replacement while Shaq was on the mend?

Lets see Jerrah find a Lorax type player for peanuts.....(which is also a GM job not just the draft)

Will McClay, their Director of Player Personnel, is the guy that is drafting players.

Not Jerry.

If Jerry were in charge, they'd have drafted Manziel.

Well, Jerry is still the GM. I see him working the phones and he gives the final say so...that makes him in charge of the draft.

It has everything to do with Jerry as an executive.

O Line ...enough said

Meanwhile, in Buffalo:

Tyrod

Shaq (missed 7 games)

First off, this post is stupid. Second, your information isnt accurate. Third, Whaley didn't pick all those players. Fourth you cleverly left off terrible deals Jerry has done, including the dumbest QB contract for a QB not named Kapernick ever in his deal with Romo. Fifth, Dallas team underachieves more than the Bills do on a yearly basis in which they are always seem to be a preseason SB contender then get no where near it.

Now lets look at some of your comparisons...the Zeke Elliot pick was, and still is, a stupid pick by Dallas. Not a knock on Elliot because he is a stud. But if anyone believes for one second Alfred Morris wouldn't be running all over the league as the starter behind that line then you should never comment on football ever again. They were very deep at RB and Alfred could be carrying the rushing load the same as Zeke is right now. Dallas would have done more for their team overall had Jerry not went after the sexy pick and instead went defensive to improve what was by a mile the weakest part of their team at draft time. No one is going to bash Dallas for taking Zeke, but it was probably the single most unnecessary pick in any draft since we drafted CJ Spiller.

Sammy - The stupid myth of what we traded to get Sammy gets worse with each moronic post about him. We trade ONE...not three...ONE additional first round pick to move up to get Sammy and a 4th. We did not in any way shape or form spend 3 fist round picks for Sammy. And at the time, Sammy had no injury concerns...his talent has MORE than proven his value, its been his foot issues that have been a set back, something that did NOT exist nor was it suspected to exist when he was drafted.

Dareus - Not a Whaley pick, but he is still one of the 3 best DT in the NFL, so not sure why you would put him on a list of "mistakes".

Shady is one of the main reasons we have 4 wins this season, and has been the life of the offense. He is earning is contract and we had the cap room for him, so this is still a win.

Shaq - Who cares if he missed 7 games, its not a career threatening injury, the kid is good and looked good since his return...this is going to be a great player for us IMO.

Gilmore - He also didn't draft Gilmore either, him and Dareus were the two draft years prior with Nix as the GM.

Tyrod Taylor - You're a moron for criticizing this...Whaley right now is the ONLY GM in football to sign either a promising young QB or Vet to a contract extension that is TEAM FRIENDLY and can get out of it EASILY if it didn't work. This is a massive win for Whaley...MASSIVE. Dallas was the opposite and gave an awful contract to Romo, just like SF did with Kap, Chi did with Cutler, Indy did with Luck, Miami did with Tannehill, and so on and so on. This might actually have been his biggest win because it just doesn't happen in todays NFL for any team. The only team that avoided disaster was Washington, but that was because Cousins decided to gamble on himself for a bigger deal next year.

You also carefully left out all of Whaleys big home run draft picks, trades, and FA signings...

More importantly...Jerry Jones has a long history of terrible drafts and GM moves. So everything you posted is pretty ridiculous considering all the incorrect information and misguided analysis.

Edited by Alphadawg7

First off, this post is stupid. Second, your information isnt accurate. Third, Whaley didn't pick all those players. Fourth you cleverly left off terrible deals Jerry has done, including the dumbest QB contract for a QB not named Kapernick ever in his deal with Romo. Fifth, Dallas team underachieves more than the Bills do on a yearly basis in which they are always seem to be a preseason SB contender then get no where near it.

Now lets look at some of your comparisons...the Zeke Elliot pick was, and still is, a stupid pick by Dallas. Not a knock on Elliot because he is a stud. But if anyone believes for one second Alfred Morris wouldn't be running all over the league as the starter behind that line then you should never comment on football ever again. They were very deep at RB and Alfred could be carrying the rushing load the same as Zeke is right now. Dallas would have done more for their team overall had Jerry not went after the sexy pick and instead went defensive to improve what was by a mile the weakest part of their team at draft time. No one is going to bash Dallas for taking Zeke, but it was probably the single most unnecessary pick in any draft since we drafted CJ Spiller.

Sammy - The stupid myth of what we traded to get Sammy gets worse with each moronic post about him. We trade ONE...not three...ONE additional first round pick to move up to get Sammy and a 4th. We did not in any way shape or form trade 3 fist round picks for Sammy. And at the time, Sammy had no injury concerns...his talent has MORE than proven his value, its been his foot issues that have been a set back, something that did NOT exist nor was it suspected to exist when he was drafted.

Dareus - Not a Whaley pick, but he is still one of the 3 best DT in the NFL, so not sure why you would put him on a list of "mistakes".

Shady is one of the main reasons we have 4 wins this season, and has been the life of the offense. He is earning is contract and we had the cap room for him, so this is still a win.

Shaq - Who cares if he missed 7 games, its not a career threatening injury, the kid is good and looked good since his return...this is going to be a great player for us IMO.

Gilmore - He also didn't draft Gilmore either, him and Dareus were the two draft years prior with Nix as the GM.

Tyrod Taylor - You're a moron for criticizing this...Whaley right is the ONLY GM in football to sign either a promising young QB or Vet to a contract extension that is TEAM FRIENDLY and can be gotten out of it EASILY if it didn't work. This is a massive win for Whaley...MASSIVE. Dallas was the opposite and gave an awful contract to Romo, just like SF did with Kap, Chi did with Cutler, Indy did with Luck, Miami did with Tannehill, and so on and so on. This might actually have been his biggest win because it just doesn't happen in todays NFL for any team. The only team that avoided disaster was Washington, but that was because Cousins decided to gamble on himself for a bigger deal next year.

You also carefully left out all of Whaleys big home run draft picks, trades, and FA signings...

More importantly...Jerry Jones has a long history of terrible drafts and GM moves. So everything you posted is absurd and I would

Can you stop saying crap like this? Not only is it unproductive for a reasonable discussion, but it makes you look like a fool when half your takes inevitably end up incorrect.

Sammy - The stupid myth of what we traded to get Sammy gets worse with each moronic post about him. We trade ONE...not three...ONE additional first round pick to move up to get Sammy and a 4th. We did not in any way shape or form spend 3 fist round picks for Sammy. And at the time, Sammy had no injury concerns...his talent has MORE than proven his value, its been his foot issues that have been a set back, something that did NOT exist nor was it suspected to exist when he was drafted.

Tyrod Taylor - You're a moron for criticizing this...Whaley right now is the ONLY GM in football to sign either a promising young QB or Vet to a contract extension that is TEAM FRIENDLY and can get out of it EASILY if it didn't work. This is a massive win for Whaley...MASSIVE. Dallas was the opposite and gave an awful contract to Romo, just like SF did with Kap, Chi did with Cutler, Indy did with Luck, Miami did with Tannehill, and so on and so on. This might actually have been his biggest win because it just doesn't happen in todays NFL for any team. The only team that avoided disaster was Washington, but that was because Cousins decided to gamble on himself for a bigger deal next year.

More importantly...Jerry Jones has a long history of terrible drafts and GM moves. So everything you posted is pretty ridiculous considering all the incorrect information and misguided analysis.

I am thinking that if Jerry was actually the GM of the team and not the owner.....he would have been fired long before he had a chance to have the toys he has this year.

Why are people taking offense to this?

Whoever the GM of the Cowboys is is doing a better job than Whaley. Can we agree on that?

No?

Dak might turn out good. Only saw one game but he was OK in it. Elliot and his line for sure help him out

Wentz............looks great with no help on that team. Just a really old Darren Sproles, who also looked good

All of which makes for me tough to view TT. Give him a pass because he has no weapons, but then watch a guy like Wentz succeed. IDK

Nah, see my next comment below. He has a coaching staff that is specifically designed for him to succeed.

Hey thanks. It's a point I've made before when folks talk about the rookie QBs.

Same for Wentz in Philly. Pederson, Reich, and DeFillipo are all former pro QBs and Pederson is using Reid's established system. Plus, Pederson was the guy Philly brought in to sit behind and help McNabb develop.

Those are way better landing spots for rookie QBs, or any QB that needs to be developed and helped along, than Buffalo.

Why are people taking offense to this?

Whoever the GM of the Cowboys is is doing a better job than Whaley. Can we agree on that?

No. Im not "offended" I just disagree.