Projecting the stretch run...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If they lose to Seattle and Cinci I hope we lose out. I see us winning Monday night though. Rex will have the troops ready after Sunday's embarrassment and the Seahwawks oline isn't up to speed. Lots of sacks and an ugly road win.

MNF performances during the playoff vacation:

1. Dec. 11, 2000: Bills 20 at Colts 44 (L)
  2. Oct. 8, 2007: Cowboys 25 at Bills 24 (L)
  3. Nov. 17, 2008: Browns 29 at Bills 27 (L)
  4. Sep. 14, 2009: Bills 24 at Patriots 25 (L)

MNF performances during the playoff vacation:

• Dec. 11, 2000: Bills 20 at Colts 44 (L)
  • Oct. 8, 2007: Cowboys 25 at Bills 24 (L)
  • Nov. 17, 2008: Browns 29 at Bills 27 (L)
  • Sep. 14, 2009: Bills 24 at Patriots 25 (L)
!@#$ Leodis

It's been my belief for a while that winning 2 of the Pats/Seahawks/Bengals games puts us in a position to control our own destiny. I feel this Monday Night game in Seattle is very winnable and the Bengals have not been all that great this year and it's to our advantage coming off the bye for that game.

Win those 2 and we are in a good spot.

That Cleveland game, in the scenario of losing 7 of 8 as framed in that list.... could potentially be a wheels-fell off, beginning of quit on coaches and run-for-the bus situation.

Cleveland is a terrible, terrible team, but they aren't suffering the weight of expectations. This bills team has the fortitude of a stage 4 cancer patient on life support, and if anyone is going to give the Browns some confidence to build on, there's no other team left on their schedule quiet as adept at doing that sort of thing as the Bills, especially in their current formation

IMO the toughest games for you are:

Cincy: passing attack is very good esp if Green healthy

Oakland -- their O is great and depending on your O injuries will your O be able keep up

Pity. -- with Big Ben back that O is scarier than the Patriots.

Don't judge the team based upon the Pats game. The last time I checked they were 7-1, which means that everybody is having trouble beating them. We were the one team that did beat them BTW.

The Bills need their strong running game to win. That's because they don't have the weapons to have a strong passing game. They desperately need Watkins back fully healthy in order to have a chance at a viable passing game.

They need McCoy so that the running game can compliment the defense. Rex needs to be smart and not play L. Alexander on ST or at least greatly limit his time on ST.

There is reason for optimism because the team is going to get some of their better players back healthy very soon.

McCoy will likely play vs Seattle. Dareus and Lawson will have had a chance to round back into football shape. Ditto Henderson. Hopefully, Alexander too. Harvin has been added to the WR corps. Watkins will likely be available for the Cincy game after the Bye. Those are SEVEN very prominent players....difference-makers who can get the team back on track. All, except for Watkins, will likely be on the field vs Seattle this coming Monday night.

For the Bills, it's about getting healthy and hitting their stride at the right time.

Decided to look at what's left of this year and see how I think it shakes out....

@ Seattle: don't see it.Loss

Bye: Thank God

@ Cincinnati: Possible, but no. Loss

Jax: Have to win, and will. Win

@ Oakland: no. Loss

Pittsburgh: No if Ben plays. Loss

Cleveland: Lose here and they'll be burning Rex, Whaley, and Tyrod in effigy in the RV lot. Win

Miami: A W revenge game. Win

@ Jets: Win

So that comes out 8-8. Blechh.... Would like to see what others think, maybe I'm missing something. Would love to be pessimistically wrong about this...

Everyone is picking us to lose all these games, but win those last three. You really think that we're going to go on a 1-6 stretch and bounce back with a 3 game winning streak?

I got news for you... If we're 5-8 going into those final three games, no way in hell we're coming out 8-8 with a three game winning streak.

Where is this "Seattle is a good team" talk coming from?

Can't block, run or score.

Three injuries of note:

Wilson injured. Hasn't thrown a TD pass since October 2nd.

Bennett injured and out for MNF.

Chancellor may be out for MNF.

If anything they are about even with the Bills.

Edited by dpberr

Everyone is picking us to lose all these games, but win those last three. You really think that we're going to go on a 1-6 stretch and bounce back with a 3 game winning streak?

I got news for you... If we're 5-8 going into those final three games, no way in hell we're coming out 8-8 with a three game winning streak.

I don't give us much chance at Seattle and Cinci - they're both just better teams in almost any sense than the Bills, but the Jax game is the measure of this Bills team. If the bills deliver a steaming turd at home against a JV team like Jax, then seriously, the whole team needs to be blown up from the janitor to the GM. Given our collective Stockholm Syndrome, does anyone here think that the Bills stomp on Jax?

Three injuries of note:

they're beat up and not playing great but they have a winning culture there. Add that to the fact it's at home, and primetime, and this is the exact game that the Bills havent been able to win for... 16 years

Three injuries of note:

So if we win it should not be a validating win some will try to make it.

So if we win it should not be a validating win some will try to make it.

Or, conversely, if we lose by 20 (seems unlikely give the state of the Seattle O, but let's not sell our Bills short!), we'll get posts about how great Colton Schmidt played, or that the left side of the OL was quite remarkable, as the boxscore clearly shows! In other words, desperate rationalization trying to ignore the fact that this squad is about the same as the last 16 in the ways that winning is traditionally measured.

Or, conversely, if we lose by 20 (seems unlikely give the state of the Seattle O, but let's not sell our Bills short!), we'll get posts about how great Colton Schmidt played, or that the left side of the OL was quite remarkable, as the boxscore clearly shows! In other words, desperate rationalization trying to ignore the fact that this squad is about the same as the last 16 in the ways that winning is traditionally measured.

I just see a loss. Sea at home always a different team.

Bills in primetime historically bad.

So that all together

Sea wins this

I just see a loss. Sea at home always a different team.

Bills in primetime historically bad.

So that all together

Sea wins this

Your second point is my biggest concern. Other than the Thursday night game last year I can't remember a prime time game that they came out of with a win.

As far as the stretch run is concerned, we better do a better job of stopping it the next time we face Miami.

It's really going to depend on how we do between now and that game. It could, from where we stand now, very well be a run for the busses game. If we're 5-9 or 6-8, It'll be an ugly game with Miami running for another 1500 yards or whatever they did last week. If we're at least 7-7 or maybe 8-6 (lol) then I think the bills show and make a game of it