Cam Newton is a crybaby

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i kind of side with Cam Newton on this one, granted I don't watch alot of his games and yes he does put himself out there by being such a running quarterback, but he is getting slammed, and like r00t said, if Brady got one iota of the hits Cam gets, those defenders would be bagging groceries at food lion by now

I'm not the biggest Cam Newton fan but it's very true that certain QB's can get hit illegally and nothing happens. TT took 2 bad hits yesterday from Donta Hightower and there weren't any flags thrown. Cam takes a lot of really bad hits, similar to Roethlisberger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SWcJzvRSzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_L5cOCF70

Those are just a couple from this year alone

Why is everything Roger's fault? If someone farts in China the fashionable thing to do is blame Roger directly or indirectly.

The NFL has become the softest it has ever been during Roger's tenure. You cant look at a QB without getting flagged nowadays. The NFL has always been a violent sport. Roger has made it less violent. But people still want to complain? If youre that worried about the violent nature of todays pansy NFL then maybe its not the right sport for you. Maybe you should go pick up table tennis. See how much they pay you.

And no, Roger is not huddling with refs in a dark room at night scheming ways to blow calls on Cam and favor Brady. Come on people.

Why is everything Roger's fault? If someone farts in China the fashionable thing to do is blame Roger directly or indirectly.

The NFL has become the softest it has ever been during Roger's tenure. You cant look at a QB without getting flagged nowadays. The NFL has always been a violent sport. Roger has made it less violent. But people still want to complain? If youre that worried about the violent nature of todays pansy NFL then maybe its not the right sport for you. Maybe you should go pick up table tennis. See how much they pay you.

And no, Roger is not huddling with refs in a dark room at night scheming ways to blow calls on Cam and favor Brady. Come on people.

I think what Cam is saying is that Brees, Brady, Etc get those calls and he and others dont.

He has a right to be upset. Teams appear to be targeting in, borderline trying to injure him. If teams did that to Brady or Breese ejections and such would follow.

The refs must be though.

With Brady, the commentators are analyzing why the flag was thrown with "well he brushed Brady's helmet, and there is absolutely no head contact" or "He sacked Brady, and despite being in the waist region, he slid down to his knees, so I guess the flag is justified"

With Cam/Taylor or a few others its always an expectation of a flag that never comes.

Edited by What a Tuel

I think what Cam is saying is that Brees, Brady, Etc get those calls and he and others dont.

He has a right to be upset. Teams appear to be targeting in, borderline trying to injure him. If teams did that to Brady or Breese ejections and such would follow.

Maybe brady releases the ball in under 3 seconds and doesnt get hit as often?

Look how many big hits Big Ben takes.

If you are a big QB and are known for breaking away from sacks/tackles, defenders are going to come up with creative ways to take you out.

You can sack brees with one arm. Hes small.

Maybe brady releases the ball in under 3 seconds and doesnt get hit as often?

Look how many big hits Big Ben takes.

If you are a big QB and are known for breaking away from sacks/tackles, defenders are going to come up with creative ways to take you out.

You can sack brees with one arm. Hes small.

What does this have to do with When hit illegally expecting a flag?

That is what Cam is saying. He does not get those flags and was literally told by an official "He has to earn it"

How many of the hits are coming as they are scrambling for yards, i.e. Are they considered RB once they cross the line of scrimmage?

The biggest one I think Cam is complaining about is when he was standing in the pocket and got taken out in the knees. I'll try and find the clip.

Edited by What a Tuel

What does this have to do with When hit illegally expecting a flag?

That is what Cam is saying. He does not get those flags and was literally told by an official "He has to earn it"

I can interpret that you have to earn it as: if its not worth a flag we arent going to flag it.

When people claim that Cam doesnt get calls the following logical questions are required:

1. Why? Why do you think hes not getting calls.

2. Is it an actual fact that hes not getting calls at the same rate as other QB's or does it just become the popular thing to say and everyone else parrots the same response?

3. What motivation would there be for the NFL to not protect one of its young superstars?

4. Who benefits from Cam getting injured?

5. If you say that Cam doesnt get calls like other QBs do then you are directly implying that it is a league-wide conspiracy. Please break down that conspiracy for me. On a purely logistical basis, do they get together at the owners meeting and talk about how Cam is going to be put down? Does this happen during ref meetings? Does Roger send out league-wide emails?

Edited by bobobonators