The Bills Missing Link !!

T master

There is still a QB out there that could be had with the right compensation & i thought coming out would be scooped up in the earlier rounds but wasn't. I didn't understand it then & i still don't understand why he's not starting some where ...

If you think of a franchise QB you want some one that is or has been a winner, someone that has won with the game on the line & can put a team on his back when needed & i have seen this guy do it in his career to this point .

Not to mention he has been a part of 3 National championship teams total with a coach that runs a NFL style offense in college . So he knows what it takes to win !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJ_McCarron

If Whaley could get this guy i think he could be the missing link, he's not your "prototypical NFL QB"

but the dude knows how to win & has done it his entire career. He has even showed enough improvement that the Bengals coach said they weren't going to trade him.

I think he knows something others don't & in time will give him his shot ...

If the Bengals do any thing in the post season it will be because Dalton gets hurt & this guy does it like Prescott is doing in Dallas !!

I know there will be all kinds of "your crazy's" on this but i think if this guy was given a true chance to be the face of a team that team would be winning more than not !!

Nice thought! Has he had any stretches of starting in place of Dalton?

Also...hot wife comment coming in 3...2....

Wife??? What about the mom???

And yes ... I'm down with this (the football part, I mean).

QB is our missing link. Not really a fan of poaching a #2 and trying to turn him into a #1. Rarely works...

All you have to do is find a way to measure, accuracy, the ability to process information quickly (and correctly), and throwing with anticipation. Arm Strength is a tad over-hyped and height is to a degree

There is still a QB out there that could be had with the right compensation & i thought coming out would be scooped up in the earlier rounds but wasn't. I didn't understand it then & i still don't understand why he's not starting some where ...

If you think of a franchise QB you want some one that is or has been a winner, someone that has won with the game on the line & can put a team on his back when needed & i have seen this guy do it in his career to this point .

Not to mention he has been a part of 3 National championship teams total with a coach that runs a NFL style offense in college . So he knows what it takes to win !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJ_McCarron

If Whaley could get this guy i think he could be the missing link, he's not your "prototypical NFL QB"

but the dude knows how to win & has done it his entire career. He has even showed enough improvement that the Bengals coach said they weren't going to trade him.

I think he knows something others don't & in time will give him his shot ...

If the Bengals do any thing in the post season it will be because Dalton gets hurt & this guy does it like Prescott is doing in Dallas !!

I know there will be all kinds of "your crazy's" on this but i think if this guy was given a true chance to be the face of a team that team would be winning more than not !!

QBs are too easily susceptible to injury and with far more demand than the available supply, why would the Bengals deal him?

Any QB with accuracy, touch, and can also read the defense & find his receiver quickly can be successful in this offense. More often than not he's going to be doing as little passing as possible anyway except when facing the Patriots.

QB is our missing link. Not really a fan of poaching a #2 and trying to turn him into a #1. Rarely works...

All you have to do is find a way to measure, accuracy, the ability to process information quickly (and correctly), and throwing with anticipation. Arm Strength is a tad over-hyped and height is to a degree

What doesn't rarely work?

Has anyone ever watched every second of game time played by Tom Brady at Michigan, with the benefit of hindsight and knowing what he would turn into in the NFL....and attempted to isolate cues or behavioral characteristics at that level that show why he is so good at this level? And then construct a model based on this data?

If not, why not?

Why are these guys doing things like measuring a prospect's hand size or seeing how many times he can throw a ball into a bushel basket from 10 yards away when they could be applying the "Brady Metrics" derived from the analysis in paragraph 1?

Has anyone ever watched every second of game time played by Tom Brady at Michigan, with the benefit of hindsight and knowing what he would turn into in the NFL....and attempted to isolate cues or behavioral characteristics at that level that show why he is so good at this level? And then construct a model based on this data?

If not, why not?

Why are these guys doing things like measuring a prospect's hand size or seeing how many times he can throw a ball into a bushel basket from 10 yards away when they could be applying the "Brady Metrics" derived from the analysis in paragraph 1?

Because they think they're so smart. Brady had one of the worst 40 times in the history of the draft combine. As with other positions, if the film shows you that they can/can't play, being a combine star shouldn't change the evaluation. Also, if a player shows they can make plays, who cares if he's a couple inches shorter than the prototypical size.

I also wonder about what questions they ask in the combine interviews? How personal workouts are conducted? Most of the film clips I've seen have QBs in shorts throwing to WRs in shorts with no defenders. Wouldn't you want to have DBs and pass rushers in these workouts?