OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

Im thinking if we can score 33-34, and our secondary holds up, they got an accurate QB and a mean set of recievers. But we can score too. Hoping for our best game of the year.

I actually think the D will hold up. Our offense is going to dominate the TOP with close to 200yds team rushing yards. Bills 33 Raiders 28. And the Raiders will only make it close in the final few minutes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knock it off, and act like an adult please.

His contract locks him up through 2018, and is an expensive contract for a player whose production relies almost exclusively on his legs, and will be at the age where runners begin to decline at the beginning of next season.

With a decline in athleticism, speed, and explosiveness, either through injury or age; Tyrod's production will not warrant his contract.

You want to pay future dollars for past performance. I understand that we're likely seeing peak Tyrod, and don't want to do that.

No it isn't so stop acting like a child. People have explained this to you many times yet you refuse to or can't understand.

And I know it won't sit well with the rest of the team, especially veterans who have been around the block to sell them on the idea of spending a year regressing at the position.

Im with K9 on this one. Some think QB is the end all be all anD want to keep cycling bargain basement QBs with an unknown "ceiling".

But what about the rest of the guys? Does Jerry Hughes and Sammy and Shady and all the guys get as jacked up and go all out when they know we're not really trying to win THIS YEAR?

In the modern era of free agency, ufyou have good talent like i feel like we do, you gotta go for it THIS YEAR. Next year your talent may not be as good.

Provided we don't go on a run here (which we very well might) and finish 8-8 or better, that'd be 3 straight non losing seasons. We're close. Stay the course (unless something truly better comes along) IMHO.

That said, I expect DW to be working the phones since he doesn't like to stand pat on QBs.

Edited by reddogblitz

No it isn't so stop acting like a child. People have explained this to you many times yet you refuse to or can't understand.

I politely asked you to act like an adult in a thread in which you've regressed into nothing but a **** slinger. So rather than do that, you've doubled down.

You aren't worth debating, not because you're wrong (which you are), but because you aren't interested in conversation. I'll be ignoring your useless drivel from this point forward.

I'll be taking up the argument with other posters in this thread holding your position who aren't ****ty people.

I politely asked you to act like an adult in a thread in which you've regressed into nothing but a **** slinger. So rather than do that, you've doubled down.

You aren't worth debating, not because you're wrong (which you are), but because you aren't interested in conversation. I'll be ignoring your useless drivel from this point forward.

I'll be taking up the argument with other posters in this thread holding your position who aren't ****ty people.

Not about debating it is about you ignoring everything people say in this thread. There is no debate with people like you it is either your way or no way. Now go act like a child somewhere else.

We are in lock step lol.

I was just posting the same thing when I saw a new reply had been added so I checked it out and you had done the work for me lol :beer:

Actually I just had to take a look. Next year he will be the 20th highest paid QB. Right now he is the 24th highest paid.

picking up where I left off with a different poster:

His contract locks him up through 2018, and is an expensive contract for a player whose production relies almost exclusively on his legs, and will be at the age where runners begin to decline at the beginning of next season.

With a decline in athleticism, speed, and explosiveness, either through injury or age; Tyrod's production will not warrant his contract.

You want to pay future dollars for past performance. I understand that we're likely seeing peak Tyrod, and don't want to do that.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You automatically say he will regress and never get any better as a passer. Damn I wish I could make up **** all day and call it truth.

By the time 2018 comes around he might have the 28th highest QB contract.

Through 2018 would be 28 and 29 which is peak physical condition. You can't use rb projections for slowing down when he doesn't take the amount of hits and redshirted for 4 years. Add in that most qbs get better as theyes get older and the game slows down for them. I just don't see how this is his ceiling.

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: Analytics website @PFF has charged #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor with 12 sacks double any other QB in the NFL

https://t.co/IuVmlj4Zh6

'Cos he bails clean pockets into rushes. What confuses me is I don't think he looks that bad when he stands in there and shows patience. If you could stop the early bailing I suspect you'd get more consistent play.

Through 2018 would be 28 and 29 which is peak physical condition. You can't use rb projections for slowing down when he doesn't take the amount of hits and redshirted for 4 years. Add in that most qbs get better as theyes get older and the game slows down for them. I just don't see how this is his ceiling.

Go look at his college scouting reports.

Fast forward 6 years. Same stuff. = Ceiling met.

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: Analytics website @PFF has charged #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor with 12 sacks double any other QB in the NFL

https://t.co/IuVmlj4Zh6

This can't be right I was told he doesn't have bad pocket presence

You automatically say he will regress and never get any better as a passer. Damn I wish I could make up **** all day and call it truth.

By the time 2018 comes around he might have the 28th highest QB contract.

I rarely agree with anything you post but I see no reason to think he will regress over the next two seasons. He's about as figured out as he's going to get so if he stays healthy he should at least be about the same and you are right about the *relative* value of the contract by then.

'Cos he bails clean pockets into rushes. What confuses me is I don't think he looks that bad when he stands in there and shows patience. If you could stop the early bailing I suspect you'd get more consistent play.

Pretty sure half of those are him just running out of bounds or getting tackled after refusing to throw the ball away when the play is dead.

Actually kinda curious about tallying those up and seeing how his completion % changes if he lobs it into the stand instead.

I don't think the people who argue against Tyrod understand what the level of QB play in the NFL really is. There are only 2 or 3 elite QBs right now. Everyone else is in a similar basket. To think you are getting rid of Tyrod and replace him with someone off the street or in the draft is nuts. All QBs outside the elite level have flaws.

I don't think the people who argue against Tyrod understand what the level of QB play in the NFL really is. There are only 2 or 3 elite QBs right now. Everyone else is in a similar basket. To think you are getting rid of Tyrod and replace him with someone off the street or in the draft is nuts. All QBs outside the elite level have flaws.

Why is it nuts? Is he a top 2 or 3 guy? Is he lumped in with everyone else?

So using your theory replace him in Draft. You either hit a top guy (2 or 3) or you get everything else. What's the trade off

When I talk about replacing him with a rookie, I mean making stuff like this a priority in the passing game.

Fran Duffy ‏@fduffy3

Shot 3 - Very next play is the ol' reliable 'Dagger'. Play-action holds underneath defenders; Treggs stretches safety, DGB open on Dig

https://twitter.com/fduffy3/status/803726087331217408

No Blokes we can't have a Modern NFL offense here in Buffalo