OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

No Brady or Rodgers and your !@#$ed theory eh?

What are you talking about. The guy said that there are 2 or 3 top QBs.

Then everyone is Similar.

And that is a reason not to move on from Tyrod. That should be the reason to move on from Tyrod if he is not one of those top 2 or 3 guys because everyone is similar where is the loss?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about. The guy said that there are 2 or 3 top QBs.

Then everyone is Similar.

And that is a reason not to move on from Tyrod. That should be the reason to move on from Tyrod if he is not one of those top 2 or 3 guys because everyone is similar where is the loss?

It is preposterous to state that after the top 2 or 3 everyone is similar.

No Blokes we can't have a Modern NFL offense here in Buffalo

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't hate the Roman/Lynn scheme in principle. I think it's been limited more by what the guy can/can't do from the playbook (Smith, Kaep, Tyrod) and more creative concepts would be on the cards if there was a more reliable passer at their disposal.

I think Lynn could tailor to a different passer, he certainly managed to tweak the run game after Week 2 and produced decent results.

It is preposterous to state that after the top 2 or 3 everyone is similar.

I am not the one that said it

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't hate the Roman/Lynn scheme in principle. I think it's been limited more by what the guy can/can't do from the playbook (Smith, Kaep, Tyrod) and more creative concepts would be on the cards if there was a more reliable passer at their disposal.

I think Lynn could tailor to a different passer, he certainly managed to tweak the run game after Week 2 and produced decent results.

Yeah I was kind of getting the that. Lynn seems to have taking Romans Offense and put some wrinkles that highlight Shadys stregnths and Hide Tyrods weaknesses as a Passer as much as possible Edited by MAJBobby

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: Analytics website @PFF has charged #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor with 12 sacks – double any other QB in the NFL

https://t.co/IuVmlj4Zh6

And of course, nobody actually reads the article and yet makes comments on everything being Taylor's fault.

1st sack, rated as a coverage sack

2nd sack, John Miller gets beat

3rd sack, Glenn gets beat

4th sack, Second quarter, 4:48 remaining, 1st and 18 at the Bills’ 34-yard line. Taylor bails out of the pocket early on this play. Although no receivers appear to be open, the pocket was clean and there was time for Taylor to let things unfold. Instead, he tucked the ball and ran. looks like another coverage sack.

5th sack, Third quarter, 8:00 remaining, third and 2 at the Bills’ 33-yard line. This looks like another coverage sack. Taylor hangs in the pocket as long as he can with his eyes down field, but eventually is forced to scramble left and goes out of bounds for a 2-yard loss.

"Ryan was asked Monday if there are times Taylor bails from the pocket too soon instead of letting the play develop.

“I think Tyrod’s got a great feel for the protection,” the coach said. “He can sense it. Most of your really good quarterbacks have that feel. I think he knows when to escape and when to stay in there.”

Ryan also commended Taylor on how the quarterback looks down field as he drops back, instead of at the rush.

“He feels it and … if he has to escape, that’s what he does,” he said. “I’m pleased with the way Tyrod handles it.”

I for one am happy to know that anyone that posts here has no sway on what happens with the players. Bills fans talking about signing a different QB like Brian Hoyer seem to forget what happened with Kevin Kolb. Hoyer is an IR problem waiting to happen as is Tony Romo! This after 3 back surgeries and two broken collarbones and 36 years old. Okay sure, sign Tony Romo and even if the team gets to the playoffs only to lose as the guy is known to be a choker in the playoffs 6 times winning 2x and losing 4x. Just think the Cowboys have had the very best offensive line in football the last few years and Romo can't stray healthy behind it.
Like I said earlier, the Bills are 6-5 with Tayor and 2-3 of those losses aren't on him. If the defense plays like a top 5 unit the Bills are 8-3 / 9-2 with a good shot at the playoffs. The 2015 team was good enough to be in the playoffs last year and went 8-8 because the defense went into the toilet.
From someone who watched the all-22 stated he thought the Jags defense had really good pass coverage in the first half and played about as well as the Seahawks pass defense. Taylor missed only about two throws due to inaccuracy.
All I know is in the first half of that Jags game it was like a jailbreak every play for Buffalo as they couldn't pass or run for most of that first half. Cheers to special teams and Shady.
Like I also said, I worry more about the Bills defense stopping Carr at any point over anything else.
Edited by Nihilarian

And of course, nobody actually reads the article and yet makes comments on everything being Taylor's fault.

1st sack, rated as a coverage sack

2nd sack, John Miller gets beat

3rd sack, Glenn gets beat

4th sack, Second quarter, 4:48 remaining, 1st and 18 at the Bills 34-yard line. Taylor bails out of the pocket early on this play. Although no receivers appear to be open, the pocket was clean and there was time for Taylor to let things unfold. Instead, he tucked the ball and ran. looks like another coverage sack.

5th sack, Third quarter, 8:00 remaining, third and 2 at the Bills 33-yard line. This looks like another coverage sack. Taylor hangs in the pocket as long as he can with his eyes down field, but eventually is forced to scramble left and goes out of bounds for a 2-yard loss.

"Ryan was asked Monday if there are times Taylor bails from the pocket too soon instead of letting the play develop.

I think Tyrods got a great feel for the protection, the coach said. He can sense it. Most of your really good quarterbacks have that feel. I think he knows when to escape and when to stay in there.

Ryan also commended Taylor on how the quarterback looks down field as he drops back, instead of at the rush.

He feels it and if he has to escape, thats what he does, he said. Im pleased with the way Tyrod handles it.

I for one am happy to know that anyone that posts here has no sway on what happens with the players. Bills fans talking about signing a different QB like Brian Hoyer seem to forget what happened with Kevin Kolb. Hoyer is an IR problem waiting to happen as is Tony Romo! This after 3 back surgeries and two broken collarbones and 36 years old. Okay sure, sign Tony Romo and even if the team gets to the playoffs only to lose as the guy is known to be a choker in the playoffs 6 times winning 2x and losing 4x. Just think the Cowboys have had the very best offensive line in football the last few years and Romo can't stray healthy behind it.

Like I said earlier, the Bills are 6-5 with Tayor and 2-3 of those losses aren't on him. If the defense plays like a top 5 unit the Bills are 8-3 / 9-2 with a good shot at the playoffs. The 2015 team was good enough to be in the playoffs last year and went 8-8 because the defense went into the toilet.

From someone who watched the all-22 stated he thought the Jags defense had really good pass coverage in the first half and played about as well as the Seahawks pass defense. Taylor missed only about two throws due to inaccuracy.

All I know is in the first half of that Jags game it was like a jailbreak every play for Buffalo as they couldn't pass or run for most of that first half. Cheers to special teams and Shady.

Like I also said, I worry more about the Bills defense stopping Carr at any point over anything else.

I did read the article. Here let me post a important part of the article.

"The analytics website Pro Football Focus assigns responsibility for sacks. It has blamed Taylor for 12 of the 30 hes taken this year. Thats double the amount of any other quarterback in the NFL. Taylor has had an average time to throw of 3.01 seconds this season, which leads the league. That speaks highly of the job being done by the line, and poorly of either Taylor for not throwing the ball sooner to open receivers or the receivers themselves for not getting open."

"Additionally, PFF has charged the Bills offensive line with only 11 sacks which ranks eighth best in the league and 124 total pressures, which is 14th"

I notice you conveniently left those paragraphs out of your post.

I did read the article. Here let me post a important part of the article.

"The analytics website Pro Football Focus assigns responsibility for sacks. It has blamed Taylor for 12 of the 30 hes taken this year. Thats double the amount of any other quarterback in the NFL. Taylor has had an average time to throw of 3.01 seconds this season, which leads the league. That speaks highly of the job being done by the line, and poorly of either Taylor for not throwing the ball sooner to open receivers or the receivers themselves for not getting open."

"Additionally, PFF has charged the Bills offensive line with only 11 sacks which ranks eighth best in the league and 124 total pressures, which is 14th"

I notice you conveniently left those paragraphs out of your post.

12+11 is 23. Who is responsible for the other 7? RB protection?

But ... is Tyrod after 24 career starts better than Kaep after his first 24 career starts? Better than Rypien's first 24? This is always a problem with player evaluation: a guy's relatively good start to a career may turn out to be a career season or two that happens on the front end rather than in the classic "prime" years. We can say Tyrod is better than Kaep because we know Kaep was exposed in his 3rd and 4th years as a starter.

Hasn't Taylor been exposed in much less than 3-4 years as a starter? Did you read what the Baltimore D had to say after the game? Other opposing defenses? If you make him play QB you stand a good chance of beating him.

Hasn't Taylor been exposed in much less than 3-4 years as a starter? Did you read what the Baltimore D had to say after the game? Other opposing defenses? If you make him play QB you stand a good chance of beating him.

I heard what Seattle said. What LA said. What Belichick has said. And what our own coaching staff has said.