Lost in the shuffle: Cordy Glenn has been superb

YoloinOhio

Cordy Glenn is one of just two OT's with 150+ pass blocks and no sacks or hits allowed

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-30-pff-stats-to-know-for-nfl-week-8/

This past offseason, Glenn received a new contract with the Bills, and so far its paying off. Over five games, Glenn has only surrendered six hurries. Two of those hurries came against the Patriots and Bills in their Week 4 matchup. He will often face Chris Long, who had a strong start to the season, but has since slowed down. It will help the Bills passing attack if Glenn can continue his strong performance and extend Longs slump.

Edited by YoloinOhio

One little caveat - that is due to PFF's system for awarding sacks.

He and Mills jointly gave one up last week but, when they split, they don't credit either with a sack allowed. Did a similar thing when Preston/Zach sacked Brissett in Week 4, neither player got a sack credit.

thats weird

thats weird

As the guy that's compiling all of this for the BillsWire spreadsheet, it's !@#$ing annoying.

I can't quite get my head around it but I think the way I explained it was right. With the trends I've noticed with their data, that seems to be the logical explanation.

Back to the point of the thread, Cordy has been really good. Looked like his ankle was playing up last week, really had issues anchoring at times. Still worth every penny of that deal.

Damned impressive considering his lack of practice time during the week. Glad we are being smart with him in that regard (too bad they weren't with Shady). Loved his run blocking vs. SF especially. He was getting to the second and third level repeatedly. He's just one of those quietly good players nobody pays attention to until you watch the film and marvel at what he does.

One little caveat - that is due to PFF's system for awarding sacks.

He and Mills jointly gave one up last week but, when they split, they don't credit either with a sack allowed. Did a similar thing when Preston/Zach sacked Brissett in Week 4, neither player got a sack credit.

Forgive me if I'm not understanding this correctly, but Cordy plays LT and Mills plays RT. How did they jointly give up a sack?

I didn't think he looked that great last week, but those are just my eyes

He had a few plays where he was bull rushed back into the QBs face last week. That being said he was still clearly the best OLineman that day.

No sacks allowed and very few pressures allowed. He's a prow bowl level LT no doubt. Props to Buddy Nix