Week 8 predictions: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

Don't any of you get tired of eating your own words? Ever? When's the last time the Bills HAVEN'T let you down? Doesn't running your mouth like an idiot beforehand just make that worse?

If you've been paying any attention at all for the last decade and a half your response to this weekend should be to keep your mouth shut and pray heavily.

In real life? Sure, I have learned the hard way to not talk a lot of smack.

On here? Who cares, it's just a message board.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my head says Pats 42 Bills 28 (lot of garbage time points)

but my heart says Bills 31 Pats 28 in a close one with a Carpenter field goal in the final 3 seconds to win it

going with the heart..its been broken so many times its in need of multiple transplants so whats one more

No one is brave enough to pick the Bills?

sure , it they get 2 or 3 extra turnovers, a pick 6 and a special teams TD, I'll pick 'em. but straight up from scrimmage? Pats at full strength? no Shady? no Woods, no Sammy? 16 guys on the injury list this week? no way. this sets up as a massacre that will have every knucklehead in town wanting the entire coaching staff, TT and the waterboy fired by tomorrow morning.

Blame the football gods if you want but some other factors are in play. Shady is on the backside of his career and even when limiting his touches his health is a major concern. That can be said for most starting RB's but having him be our number 1 option with that amount of miles was always a concern. The coaching staff has done a good job at limiting his carries though.

For WR it is a real stretch to blame the football gods. The position was all but ignored in the offseason and no reliable/proven pieces were added. Sammy's foot has diagnosed predraft and the organization did not make any significant moves to bolster the position. Whether it be draft picks or a veteran many many many folks pointed out that something needed to be added... Even if just for some insurance on a WR group that was made up of an injured Woods, Watkins, and an oft injured Goodwin who was doing Olympic trials. The likes of Hankerson, Little, Salas, Tate, etc etc... have never proven to be NFL quality, I was hopeful that Little could put it all together but that never happened. (I still would like him here over some of the other options.

Some other things that didn't involve the football gods, puff daddy's inability to put down the weed and his lack of commitment to stay in shape. I have to think he cost us a game already if not more. Blanton at safety tommorrow over Rambo is going to be fun as well. Whaley and company made some good moves with Lorax and ZBrown but the lack of forward thinking on some obvious player personnel decisions leaves a lot to be desired.

I like your argument here, Commonsense. Good points made, especially the lack of depth made at WR, and puff daddy's selfish behavior!

. We have a winner

nope

Pats 41 Bills 24.

Pats run it up big to start, Bills get some points in garbage time.

I hope/wish the Bills would figure out a blitz scheme that the Pat's can't block and stop their offense but the Pats quick throwing attack is tough for us to defend.

Need our entire defense to step up big time and TT to work some magic.

winner