Why aren't the Bills being more aggressive during the trade?

JTO

You see the Pats and various other teams making beneficial moves during the deadline. If I were Rex, I would sit with Whaley and tell him to try and get me a better receiver and better backup RB in order to compete in the weeks ahead. He should be all in or it's curtains for him. Bush has been a waste of money so far and that one receiver (can't remember his name) who earned the final receiver job has been a non factor. We need athleticism, and players that know how to play.

I would look at Chicago first to inquire about Jeffries, then San Fran. As far as RB, let's kick the tires on you know who (wife beater). It's playoffs or bust.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see the Pats and various other teams making beneficial moves during the deadline. If I were Rex, I would sit with Whaley and tell him to try and get me a better receiver and better backup RB in order to compete in the weeks ahead. He should be all in or it's curtains for him. Bush has been a waste of money so far and that one receiver (can't remember his name) who earned the final receiver job has been a non factor. We need athleticism, and players that know how to play.

I would look at Chicago first to inquire about Jeffries, then San Fran. As far as RB, let's kick the tires on you know who (wife beater). It's playoffs or bust.

Good thing you brought this up, i'm guessing they didn't even realize the deadline was approaching.

Do you really think we should trade for a RB? Bush actually scored 8 points Sunday and had a key 3rd down reception that led to TT's touchdown.

And leaving the sarcasm aside- I'm thinking they are looking at all opportunities, knowing that most of them have no chance of happening.

Trades at this time of year often involve either:

- paying a premium for talent with a reasonable contract and/or

- taking on an overpriced contract, often for an aging vet at the end of his career.

I'd sure be trying to find a WR if I were the Bills, but I wouldn't go crazy with compensation. There's only a couple guys out there and who knows what the demands for them are?

You see the Pats and various other teams making beneficial moves during the deadline. If I were Rex, I would sit with Whaley and tell him to try and get me a better receiver and better backup RB in order to compete in the weeks ahead. He should be all in or it's curtains for him.

Maybe because he does not believe the line you have been spoon fed by Buffalo media that he is under some ultimatum?

The ONLY trade the Bills need to seek is for a QB!! Someone who's accurate not only with the deep passes, but with the intermediate routes too. Someone who can hit targets in the middle of the field. My wish list would be Rivers, Stafford, Brees.

The ONLY trade the Bills need to seek is for a QB!! Someone who's accurate not only with the deep passes, but with the intermediate routes too. Someone who can hit targets in the middle of the field. My wish list would be Rivers, Stafford, Brees.

not sure about Stafford but the other two have no-trade clauses. Time to deal in reality. Edited by YoloinOhio

even if they wanted to trade him, they can't, due to his contract.

And we don't want to trade him. The guy is a baller. To even suggest trading our best defensive player is utterly preposterous.

Imo

There are really no trading partners for WR. Unless it's the rights to Calvin Johnson, highly doubt that.

Joe Thomas, doubt it.

Smith from the 49ers will come at a late pick, but I dont see the Bills going after him. Other than that don't see the Bills kicking the tires on a trade.

i thought since we activated shaq we cannot trade for anyone?

No they were playing in Miami when they activated Shaq, now that they're back in Buffalo it's okay. Different state.