We are going to so get rolled on Sunday...

eball

...I mean seriously. A full strength Pats*** roster against our depleted WR corps, gimpy Shady, probably no AW?

Good god -- I'm going to go out tailgating at 8:30 and get blitzed so I just won't care.

Im not one of those doom and gloom nuts around here, but I have to say that going into this game I fully expect to get thoroughly beaten. It would have been tough to beat a fully armed Pats team even if we were at full strength.

Their offense was already going to be a nightmare matchup, but without AW in our already struggling secondary its going to be hard to see us slowing that offense down enough for our depleted offense to keep up. Our only hope in slowing them down is that we get to Brady frequently and disrupt him, but he's also the best in the league at getting rid of the ball early, so don't know we can get to him enough to matter much. Sure, maybe we stop him a few times, but I don't see any scenario where they don't put up at least 35 points in this game. That means we will need the offense to put up a huge game despite having a gimpy shady (or not having him at all) and a WR group made up of guys who barely know our playbook or were deep on our bench.

Gonna be a long day...however if we somehow win this game, I am going to start throwing Rex name out for Coach of the Year consideration...thats how unlikely this win is IMO.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not one of those doom and gloom nuts around here, but I have to say that going into this game I fully expect to get thoroughly beaten. It would have been tough to beat a fully armed Pats team even if we were at full strength.

Their offense was already going to be a nightmare matchup, but without AW in our already struggling secondary its going to be hard to see us slowing that offense down enough for our depleted offense to keep up. Our only hope in slowing them down is that we get to Brady frequently and disrupt him, but he's also the best in the league at getting rid of the ball early, so don't know we can get to him enough to matter much. Sure, maybe we stop him a few times, but I don't see any scenario where they don't put up at least 35 points in this game. That means we will need the offense to put up a huge game despite having a gimpy shady (or not having him at all) and a WR group made up of guys who barely know our playbook or were deep on our bench.

Gonna be a long day...however if we somehow win this game, I am going to start throwing Rex name out for Coach of the Year consideration...thats how unlikely this win is IMO.

I think the Patriots will assume the Bills will be bringing plenty of heat against Brady this Sunday. And I expect their gameplan is going to include a whole bunch of slants and screens. So hopefully Rex finds some way to get pressure on Brady - in case he does hold the ball - while also effectively defending the slants and screens. Good luck with that.

The only chance I see of the Bills making a game of this is IF and only IF 2 things happen - 1) the Bills run the ball exceptionally well - like close to 300 yards which chews up time of possession a lot and 2) The Bills win the turnover battle by getting at least one key turnover against New England which is very tough.

I suppose we could also get lucky on a special teams play, but I am not holding my breath.

This Sunday just feels like the Bills are a one legged man heading into an ass-kicking competition.

Edited by PolishDave

we're missing a whole 1 guy on defense, and getting back 2 big men in dareus and shaq, the d should be as good as ever at home this week. If tightwad plays the same as last week (pretty good imo) we have a chance. We still have clay and goodwin can burn em for a couple long ones if tightwad will throw em. Touchdown mike and bush can run effectively. Id be much more worried if our LT or QB were out then our wr's which are overrated anyways. How many honestly good wr's has brady had the last few years?? Zero.

Not to knock your optimism, but here is whats wrong with your points above IMO. Shaq is going to see few plays, he's not coming in and starting and wreaking havoc. His impact for his first few weeks back will be minimal because he needs to learn to play the position and the guys ahead of him are playing great for the most part. Dareus is back, sure thats a good thing...but how much difference does he make against the Pats? We aren't going in worrying about them running for 200 yards...we are worried about Brady passing for 400 and Brady is the best in the NFL at getting the ball out quickly which will reduce Dareus impact. And lets not forget, this is Dareus first game of the year coming off a gimpy hamstring, there is a good chance it takes him a game or two (assuming his hammy holds up) to start making his presence known. I don't care how much you work out, you have to play football to get into game shape.

This is the same Defense that let Miami run all over it and also gave up big plays to that scrub Tannehill that cost us the game. That doesn't bring a lot of optimism of slowing down a pissed off Brady coming to avenge a divisional loss he was pissed about having to miss. Not to mention a fully healthy Gronk now too.

Love the optimism, but just don't see much reality in it personally. I don't see how we win this game...but if we do, Rex is gonna start getting a coach of the year cheer leader from yours truly

Your optimism is commendable, but surely you see a difference between Tyrod and Brady.

Brady can afford to have nobody WRs. And by the way, his nobody receivers are actually pretty damned good.

Our nobody WRs and our TE's, including Clay, would not make the roster in New England.

No kidding, right? I was surprised to see all those similar comments. Been watching for 40 years and whether they are expected to win or lose has no bearing on whether I watch.

Being out of the playoff picture late in the season when I have a scheduling conflict? Sure. On a plane at the time? Yes, I miss it. But otherwise I'm watching even the dumpster fire Bill's teams looking for the random upset or hope for next year. And this year's team is nothing like those mid-80's pre-Kelly teams...that was hopeless.

Hopeless is right. I remember that era, and previous bad eras too.

I am prepared for a thorough massacre, but I will be watching and hoping that the Bills defense can get something done. If we can get a few shots at Brady and let's say the weather sucks, who knows?

I don't see how we win this game.

I'll be watching.

eh I will be watching too, of course. You never know. This isn't college. Both teams have NFL players (well, we do everywhere but WR). Hopefully there is a Home field advantage. Edited by YoloinOhio

I like our chances. The beauty of football is that it is unpredictable. Who would have predicted Gronk's ACL in 2012, or Gronk's high ankle sprain in 2011, or Hernandez's murder conviction in 2013? Remember Edelman's broken foot in 2015? The Pats haven't been dealt a crippling injury this year. They will incur injuries it's inevitable.

I like our chances. The beauty of football is that it is unpredictable. Who would have predicted Gronk's ACL in 2012, or Gronk's high ankle sprain in 2011, or Hernandez's murder conviction in 2013? Remember Edelman's broken foot in 2015? The Pats haven't been dealt a crippling injury this year. They will incur injuries it's inevitable.

watch out Marcia. Lorax is coming for you!