The Buffalo News screws up again

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant stop laughing and i don't even live in Buffalo. If that happened here in NYC they would talk about it for a year.

It would have been on Jay Leno and all the other talk shows.

I dont even know if Jay Leno even has a talk show anymore since i dont watch them so don't crucify me.

This could not be more wrong. Just as in Buffalo, it's likely that 90% of the readers blow right past that top of the page teaser picture and kept on reading.

Only people who have to keep railing on the local press need to believe this...

Does anybody think the new Buffalo News website that was touted as this big upgrade is actually a huge downgrade? There seems to be way less content, it's not organized in the way it used to be - local news, sports, etc, the same stories stay up for days - and on and on.

And to think losing IK in the first pre-season game was deemed catastrophic, who the hell will attempt to rush the passer opposite Hughes? We all asked at the time, and then the Lorax stepped up and saved the day.

Who in the world thought IK getting hurt was catastrophic? He was an awful, awful player.

And besides some of the tools that work for them, overall, I think the Buffalo News is a pretty good papers. But yeah, some should have caught this. But let's be honest. Most Bills fans don't know what Miller looks like. But he is playing great and I hope his mom is proud.

They are people, not robots. Besides errors have been made since newspapers were invented. That's why there are retractions,.

oh please! they are professionals! a typo in a sentence I would agree with, but this a completely wrong image of a player. I don't recall TBN mixing up photos of the Ryan brothers, or Brady, or Manning. It's your job to proof read, and it's someone else's job to proof read what you've proof read. that's how journalism works. so in this case, more than one person has dropped the ball. this is sloppy and sums up TBN as a whole. errors and delusional editorials litter their site.

.....oh, and to top that off, their site is also very poorly monitored.

Edited by 87168

oh please! they are professionals! a typo in a sentence I would agree with, but this a completely wrong image of a player. I don't recall TBN mixing up photos of the Ryan brothers, or Brady, or Manning. It's your job to proof read, and it's someone else's job to proof read what you've proof read. that's how journalism works. so in this case, more than one person has dropped the ball. this is sloppy and sums up TBN as a whole. errors and delusional editorials litter their site.

Well, to be fair, this is a pretty bad analogy. I have no idea what John Miller looks like - but anybody's grandmother can tell you who those four guys are.

This could not be more wrong. Just as in Buffalo, it's likely that 90% of the readers blow right past that top of the page teaser picture and kept on reading.

Only people who have to keep railing on the local press need to believe this...

I seldom agree w/you, but when I do, I feel dirty. I need to go take a shower now.

:-P

:-)

Well, to be fair, this is a pretty bad analogy. I have no idea what John Miller looks like - but anybody's grandmother can tell you who those four guys are.

how is that a bad analogy? please tell me. it's not our job as the public (fans) to know that information. we're not the ones writing the article about said player, and publishing a picture. regardless of what the public knows, that's the subject of their news piece, therefore, they should know. oh, and guess how the grandmothers you mention know what the other four guys look like? ding ding ding!! the media! so really the analogy is great and you just proved it.

....it's the media's job is to provide accurate information, right? (the irony is orgasmic :w00t: )

I understand mistakes happen, and this is ultimately meaningless, so this is all in good fun. I just love a good debate. haha

Edited by 87168

Okay, Mr. Quality Control.

Okay, Mr. Quality Control.

well, I majored in history. accuracy counts. sadly, as this article shows, most publishers and editors do not. they're in too much of a hurry and too eager chasing dollars.

how is that a bad analogy? please tell me. it's not our job as the public (fans) to know that information. we're not the ones writing the article about said player, and publishing a picture. regardless of what the public knows, that's the subject of their news piece, therefore, they should know. oh, and guess how the grandmothers you mention know what the other four guys look like? ding ding ding!! the media! so really the analogy is great and you just proved it.

....it's the media's job is to provide accurate information, right? (the irony is orgasmic :w00t: )

I understand mistakes happen, and this is ultimately meaningless, so this is all in good fun. I just love a good debate. haha

I get it - you're crazy. No need to go further.