I hope Whaley is on the phone with Chicago

Bubba Gump

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like next year, isn't his contract like $5m? I wouldn't pay him that. Cut or re-negotiate

He has no contract next year.

One of three things will happen:

1. He'll be brought back as one of the cheaper backups in the league
  2. We'll end up paying much more for an established backup who's a FA (think Hoyer)
  3. They'll ride with Cardale

All three options will be determined almost exclusively by Cardale's development

The Bears are in desperate need of a QB now with Hoyer probably done for the year and Cuntlers return unknown. Send them EJ and a pick for Alshon Jeffery. Git r done DW!!

Their season is over.

They'd be din starting Bubba Gump at QB so they can get a better pick at this point in time.

Fair enough, but hypothetically speaking there's no way I wouldn't trade him for a decent WR at this point if it could be done. I love what Lynn has done, but honestly I don't like seeing EJ on the field. I could easily live without the EJ packages. If I were an opposing DC I wouldn't be afraid of him throwing when he's in the game. You know he's in there much like Tebow in his wildcat package back in the day. Imagine the backlash against Lynn and Rex if EJ threw a damaging pick because we had him enter the game to throw one random pass. Once again I like Lynn, but I think OC's outsmart themselves with these stupid backup QB wildcat packages.

If TT gets hurt the season is over.

Yeah, there's no way EJ could pass for 150 yards. TT takes care of the ball but he is a lot closer as passer to EJ than folks want to admit.

And you should always kick the tires. But for our offense and with the way TT goes through progressions, I'm not sure how much better AJ would be than JH.

Bears are 1 and 6. They are in tank mode. They will try to improve there QB situation in the offseason. They will have a very early pick in next years draft so can probably get a QB then

And or have the draft stock to trade for a QB they feel will work best for them in the future. (QB class I been told is rather weak)

Their season is over.

They'd be din starting Bubba Gump at QB so they can get a better pick at this point in time.

Aw hell nah. Last time I played hockey I tore my rotator cuff. My sports playing days are over, unless you consider mini golf a sport.

Yeah, there's no way EJ could pass for 150 yards. TT takes care of the ball but he is a lot closer as passer to EJ than folks want to admit.

And you should always kick the tires. But for our offense and with the way TT goes through progressions, I'm not sure how much better AJ would be than JH.

All I mean is that I'd be willing to give up EJ for AJ although they'd never make such a trade. I agree with you that EJ and TT are very similar passers. I don't think TT is a better passer than EJ. The problem with EJ is that he can't pass, and he's not an explosive runner like TT. TT is like having another playmaking running back on the field with McCoy. We are winning games because of our running game. Tyrod is a major contributor to that. Just imagine how poorly we'd be doing if TT was a pocket passer who couldn't run? That's basically what you get with EJ. So sure EJ would come in and pass for probably the same yardage as TT, but he's not going to make big plays with his feet. You also mentioned ball security. That's not some

meaningless little thing. It's huge that TT doesn't make the amount of turnovers that EJ historically has. You don't win games if you have EJ out there throwing picks.

I def like Jeffrey

I just dont see how we can justify trading for him and then probably losing him in the offseason.

I think offensive reinforcements are going to come in the draft.

I understand that, but it'd also be rough to miss out on the playoffs this season due to lacking a playmaker at the receiver position. If the guy came in and performed I'd actually considering putting Sammy on the trading block. It would open up room to resign him. If he doesn't perform then at least you gave it try this season, and Sammy returns next season. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I'm not reading this whole thread, but has anyone mentioned the Bears are 1-6 and do not want EJ for the same reason you want to trade him. He isn't the future of their team. Their season is lost, they are not desperate for a QB, they are likely desperate to draft one early next year.

Why wouldn't they be fine playing Barkley over EJ the rest of the year, and saving their WR??

Not to mention Cutler is coming back eventually.