Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Maybe he survives and he becomes the antidote to the outbreak?

I was thinking the same, which might make Judith a valuable commodity that people would try to kidnap.  Another possibility is that Rick offers up Carl to Negan to be the one he kills, knowing that he's going to die anyways, so why not use him to stop the fighting and give him a meaningful death.  That's why Carl told Negan to kill him if it would end the fighting.

2 hours ago, Jerry Christ said:

After much thinking.......I don't think Carl is dead.

Too much deer in headlights here.

Yeah, Carl is indeed dead.

I just read an article on the show and Carl gets killed off, much to the dismay of the actor and his folks. The show told the kid he would be around for at least 3 more seasons.........the kid even went out and bought a house 20 miles from the set, so he could be closer. Now the kids stuck with a house in Georgia, his parents are furious and he's out of work. He figures he's going to keep acting other parts in other shows, but his parents know the kid is going to be type-cast.

There's a huge backlash at the director right now.

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

I just read an article on the show and Carl gets killed off, much to the dismay of the actor and his folks. The show told the kid he would be around for at least 3 more seasons.........the kid even went out and bought a house 20 miles from the set, so he could be closer. Now the kids stuck with a house in Georgia, his parents are furious and he's out of work. He figures he's going to keep acting other parts in other shows, but his parents know the kid is going to be type-cast.

Typecast as Coral . He'll never work again.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, dpberr said:

I think the imminent demise of Carl means that Gimple, Inc. are skipping the Whisperers and going straight to The Commonwealth.  

I expect an imminent breakup between Kirkman and AMC and that'd allow Gimple and the writers to chart that story independently.  

I thought Kirkman already bailed on TWD TV series?  Wasn't there some sort of falling out with him and the production staff?

5 hours ago, Sweats said:

Producer, I think you mean.  Probably Gimple...since he's quite an ass of a producer.  It was his boneheaded idea to end whatever season it was they introduced Negan with the Dumbest Cliffhanger Ever.

Knowing how he works, I wouldn't put it past him to end next season with Carl waking up next to Beth Greene and says "I just had the strangest dream..."

20 hours ago, Sweats said:

I read it and read it etc

Something doesn't seem right

Even the quote about the bite ends like all bites do or something of that sort.......

21 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I thought Kirkman already bailed on TWD TV series?  Wasn't there some sort of falling out with him and the production staff?

Producer, I think you mean.  Probably Gimple...since he's quite an ass of a producer.  It was his boneheaded idea to end whatever season it was they introduced Negan with the Dumbest Cliffhanger Ever.

Knowing how he works, I wouldn't put it past him to end next season with Carl waking up next to Beth Greene and says "I just had the strangest dream..."

Over the summer, Kirkman sued AMC over unfair compensation and I don't believe it's been resolved.  

I can see AMC cutting ties with Kirkman, paying him some royalty rights and moving the story away from his books to keep the show going.  It's only my speculation here but removing the Carl character paves a way forward to do just that along with adding wrinkles like randomly appearing helicopters, beating fans senseless with trying to make the Scavengers plot happen and now Morgan somehow being in Texas.  All points to a new direction.

I think AMC likes Gimple even if fans do not.  I liked him at the outset but the writing for All Out War could be better, crisper.  I don't think the writers know how to handle so many actors, so many plot lines. 

• 2 months later...

Seems like the writers are stalling quite a bit and just dragging everything on. I wonder if there is an end in sight..

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

An hour and a half episode to watch Carl die.

Rick should have just put a bullet in his head within the first 5 minutes and get on with the show already.

“We’re on to neegan”