Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

my wtf moment ....   why were they converging on the car?     they never eat the decaying dead

33 minutes ago, Gary M said:

yep , other than that a good episode

We thought the same thing -- why the attraction to the car?  Made no sense, although why were they wandering off the bridge in the first place?  Maybe sound from the river?  Eh, whatever -- I'll let it go.

4 hours ago, eball said:

We thought the same thing -- why the attraction to the car?  Made no sense, although why were they wandering off the bridge in the first place?  Maybe sound from the river?  Eh, whatever -- I'll let it go.

Initially they followed the car that crashed through the opening.  

When they put up the first baracade again there was no reason for the walkers to break it down.  

On May 15, 2018 at 6:32 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Initially they followed the car that crashed through the opening.  

When they put up the first baracade again there was no reason for the walkers to break it down.  

It was a little weak but the way they showed it was that the walker in the car was making a racket.

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It was a little weak but the way they showed it was that the walker in the car was making a racket.

They missed an opportunity with this one. They should have had Laura/Naomi reveal at that point that she had John’s revolver by shooting that walker. That would have been the perfect explanation for why they were all over the car. On top of that, it would have emphasized John’s message about gunshots attracting more walkers. 

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

John Dorie is a decent character.   

Was Naomi / Laura working for the Vultures or did that happen after the mysterious event at the stadium.  

After.  Otherwise, she would have delivered the truck full of supplies to them, and much earlier.

This half-season arc is giving me the impression they're going to kill off everyone and end the series.  Which I would actually appreciate as a gutsy narrative call, and a fitting nihilistic storyline for a zombie apocalypse.

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

After.  Otherwise, she would have delivered the truck full of supplies to them, and much earlier.

This half-season arc is giving me the impression they're going to kill off everyone and end the series.  Which I would actually appreciate as a gutsy narrative call, and a fitting nihilistic storyline for a zombie apocalypse.

Morgan is the kiss of death.  At this point, I hope they do exactly what you're suggesting but leave crazy Morgan out there roaming around by himself.

20 hours ago, dpberr said:

Vanilla Ice and the Vultures are not compelling villains.  He even has a tour bus.  

It's a product of them jumping around way too much.  We know absolutely nothing about these guys.  Hell, even the brother killing Nick felt so incredibly awkward because of how they've decided to tell this story.

13 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I liked this episode and really the whole thing so far.  I'd like to see Daniel re-emerge in the second half.

Just so they can mess with me, constantly having him show back up after I talk about how he must be dead?  If he ever comes back, he needs a giant piercing in that gunshot hole in his face.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 9:44 AM, shrader said:

It's a product of them jumping around way too much.  We know absolutely nothing about these guys.  Hell, even the brother killing Nick felt so incredibly awkward because of how they've decided to tell this story.

Specifically, of them jumping three or so years in to the future, when they haven't established the whole "zombies aren't the threat, other people are" theme that TWD took four seasons to establish.  

Still...they had some great story-telling this half-season.  

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Specifically, of them jumping three or so years in to the future, when they haven't established the whole "zombies aren't the threat, other people are" theme that TWD took four seasons to establish.  

Still...they had some great story-telling this half-season.  

I wonder how many episodes Alicia and Strand will survive through.  This new cast is interesting, so much so that I kind of wish they had just killed everyone off in the damn explosion.  Now that would have been ballsy.

So did Al say that she met up with Madison in Nebraska or was that where she picked up the food she wound up giving to her?

6 hours ago, shrader said:

I wonder how many episodes Alicia and Strand will survive through.  This new cast is interesting, so much so that I kind of wish they had just killed everyone off in the damn explosion.  Now that would have been ballsy.

So did Al say that she met up with Madison in Nebraska or was that where she picked up the food she wound up giving to her?

She picked up the food on some highway.  That's not where she met Madison.  But Al still had lots of soup left and supposedly they had been at the stadium for a year plus, right?

I like the new cast.  I like Strand.  Alicia is growing on me.  Madison was just ok to me but I think it was an odd choice to kill her.  There are still a billion holes with what happened after the dam and before the stadium.  How do they show that with the actors that play Nick and Madison?

Taka, Daniel, the Proctors, even Troy potentially could be long dead, out there somewhere else never to return, or on their way back.  

I can't see them having Madison return after some miraculous escape, but in two seasons as a villain?  Maybe that is why they didn't show her death.

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

She picked up the food on some highway.  That's not where she met Madison.  But Al still had lots of soup left and supposedly they had been at the stadium for a year plus, right?

I like the new cast.  I like Strand.  Alicia is growing on me.  Madison was just ok to me but I think it was an odd choice to kill her.  There are still a billion holes with what happened after the dam and before the stadium.  How do they show that with the actors that play Nick and Madison?

Taka, Daniel, the Proctors, even Troy potentially could be long dead, out there somewhere else never to return, or on their way back.  

I can't see them having Madison return after some miraculous escape, but in two seasons as a villain?  Maybe that is why they didn't show her death.

At this point they need to just wash their hands of anyone who hasn't shown back up at this point.  It seems pretty clear to me that they want to move forward with the new group and make it the Morgan show.  I think I'm good with making it a buddy zombie drama with him and John.

Troy is definitely dead though.  Madison killed him.

42 minutes ago, shrader said:

At this point they need to just wash their hands of anyone who hasn't shown back up at this point.  It seems pretty clear to me that they want to move forward with the new group and make it the Morgan show.  I think I'm good with making it a buddy zombie drama with him and John.

Troy is definitely dead though.  Madison killed him.

I think Troy is dead too but they never showed him actually die.  Just knocked out.

I think it is about the story.  These actors can act.  Even Dharma is really good IMO.  If they have a good story to tell, the actors will do the job.  We'll see.  

It is somewhat of a clean slate.  I'm ok with it, but also think they abandoned whatever they were going to do after season 3 and that was an intriguing path.

What I liked about this episode is it finally explained why Alicia had gone so off the rails.  I do like the makeup of the new "main" cast and it will be interesting to see how they move on.

I also want to know how Al has a seemingly unlimited supply of gas and ammo.  :lol:

10 hours ago, eball said:

What I liked about this episode is it finally explained why Alicia had gone so off the rails.  I do like the makeup of the new "main" cast and it will be interesting to see how they move on.

I also want to know how Al has a seemingly unlimited supply of gas and ammo.  :lol:

The same place Alicia got the grenade launcher?

On 6/12/2018 at 7:05 AM, eball said:

She mentioned not having much left before they mowed down the crispy walkers