Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

I get frustrated with some of the writing and "cliffhangers" too. But I still love the show overall and will always watch. Any show has boring or perceived meaningless episodes from time to time.

The thing that keeps me coming back can be individual story lines or individual characters even if I'm frustrated at times with the overall direction.

Carol/Morgan in this season has been one of my favorites for example.

Guess it depends on your definition of stupid cliffhanger. I don't think there's any doubt at this point that the Savior storyline is going into next season, so there's going to be a cliffhanger of some kind.

But it doesn't have to be a stupid cliffhanger. For example: next season is the war against the Saviors, obviously. So any cliffhanger that ends this season trying to make the viewer wonder "Is there going to be a war?" is !@#$ing stupid.

It's just the sort of amateur bull **** that Gimple has tried already. He's got the narrative sense of a potted plant.

True, but sometimes the worst impression are the funniest.

Search YouTube for his John Malkovich impression. It's spooky accurate.

(And while we're on the subject, look for Simon Helberg's (from Big Bang Theory) impression of Robin Williams on Conan. Absolutely spot-on.)

(And while we're on the subject, look for Simon Helberg's (from Big Bang Theory) impression of Robin Williams on Conan. Absolutely spot-on.)

I see what you mean - I found them both. They're more impressive than funny though - you should see Trey Parker's impression of John Travolta from South Park if you want to see a funny impression. In fact, they do a good one of Stallone, too.

I'd imagine that the season finale will mirror the mid-season finale where Spencer and the food pantry lady were killed. Thanks to Sasha, Negan shows up looking to rattle a few cages again, but this time they fight back, probably with some help.

But it doesn't have to be a stupid cliffhanger. For example: next season is the war against the Saviors, obviously. So any cliffhanger that ends this season trying to make the viewer wonder "Is there going to be a war?" is !@#$ing stupid.

It's just the sort of amateur bull **** that Gimple has tried already. He's got the narrative sense of a potted plant.

Exactly. If it's anything close to what we saw last season, I'm done.

Even if it's good I might just sign out. This season was too painful to watch. I can literally count the good scenes on one hand.

I'd imagine that the season finale will mirror the mid-season finale where Spencer and the food pantry lady were killed. Thanks to Sasha, Negan shows up looking to rattle a few cages again, but this time they fight back, probably with some help.

That looks about right. The cowardly mullet switch sided. I wanted him to keep a pair, but I see that he never had any to begin with.

Sasha wanted a weapon and not some pills to "do the job".

No one injured or killed on the Oceanside raid which was good in a way.

Gregory thought he grew a pair then didn't. Who was the little birdie Negan spoke of? Gregory? I doubt it was Dr Smartypants as he was taken before Rick regrew his pair.

Previews show the Kingdom ready to fight could be that they and the scavenger show up as and Negan touts his hostage trophy Sasha.

Then there's Dwight. On your knees.

Dwight for Captain Scaredy Pants. I think if he's true to his turnabout Rick got the better end of the bargain.

That looks about right. The cowardly mullet switch sided. I wanted him to keep a pair, but I see that he never had any to begin with.

Sasha wanted a weapon and not some pills to "do the job".

No one injured or killed on the Oceanside raid which was good in a way.

Gregory thought he grew a pair then didn't. Who was the little birdie Negan spoke of? Gregory? I doubt it was Dr Smartypants as he was taken before Rick regrew his pair.

Previews show the Kingdom ready to fight could be that they and the scavenger show up as and Negan touts his hostage trophy Sasha.

Then there's Dwight. On your knees.

Dwight for Captain Scaredy Pants. I think if he's true to his turnabout Rick got the better end of the bargain.

Jadis = Judas?

I think Jadis is Negan's little birdie. When she first met Rick it was "We own your lives, want to buy them back"? That was very Savior like. Maybe they already knew, or were under the thumb of the Saviors and she spilled to Negan?

Interesting episode, lot's to think about.

Sasha's only focus is to take out Negan, pretending to cry to Eugene. Might have been surprised by the pill, but that will be her weapon to take him out. Can't wait until Eugene see's that Sasha did not take it! He is royally screwed, he obviously can't tell Negan about it, so maybe it makes Eugene think about helping Alexandria and taking a bat to the head.

Who's the little birdie? I am not sold it was Gregory, although he was contemplating making the trip to The Sanctuary. Interesting that there is word or an uprising and Dwight shows up to Alexandria...

Enough with the setup already, let's get this battle going...

Edited by ricojes

Yeah, the traitor angle isn't really that big of a mystery. You guys nailed the only two options. Still, Negan stands to be very surprised. He doesn't know that Dwight left and he doesn't know that Rick has both the Kingdom and the unknown to him Oceanside on his side. It's 50/50 whether or not he knows about the Hilltop.

The episodes have been a bit blah, but with this one, it was kind of cool to see how Maggie has slowly taken over as the Hilltop's leader. We've seen her lose so much more than anyone else (obviously others have lost as much, but we never saw it) and she has become a very strong character.

Jadis = Judas?

I think Jadis is Negan's little birdie. When she first met Rick it was "We own your lives, want to buy them back"? That was very Savior like. Maybe they already knew, or were under the thumb of the Saviors and she spilled to Negan?

Good point.

Very close but Jadis did say "We take we don't bother". Other than throwing Rick into the pit not much threatening going on

I just watched the preview for next week. There were two quick things I noticed that were interesting. There's a shot of Negan outside the gate and Dwight is standing behind him. Another was a shot of a bunch of people up on the wall with guns at Alexandria. Jadis is right next to Rick.

I just watched the preview for next week. There were two quick things I noticed that were interesting. There's a shot of Negan outside the gate and Dwight is standing behind him. Another was a shot of a bunch of people up on the wall with guns at Alexandria. Jadis is right next to Rick.

I thought that looked odd when I saw it last night. Maybe they will "trade captives"? Dwight wasn't looking too happy.

watching the trailer - Trees cut down blocking a road, they also had a frame or two of the shopping carts from the 2 weeks ago, so who knows what's mixed in as a flashback or a small roadblock.

Jadis is squatting down right next to Rick behind the wall.

Is it just me or did it look like the Kingdom group of fighter's was a bit....small

I mean...the tiger? Cool as hell but is this all the Kingdom is gonna provide?

I counted about a dozen. I'd expect a few more.

Is it just me or did it look like the Kingdom group of fighter's was a bit....small

I mean...the tiger? Cool as hell but is this all the Kingdom is gonna provide?

I don't think they're going to fight. They're going to talk it over and tell Rick that they're all in.

Maybe they were just taking the tiger for a walk. A tiger needs exercise, can't just lay next to Zeke all day...

Not that much. A tiger's a cat. It basically sleeps 18 hours a day.

But it does need some exercise...and for all the exercise available in the Kingdom, that should be one fat-ass tiger.

Not that much. A tiger's a cat. It basically sleeps 18 hours a day.

But it does need some exercise...and for all the exercise available in the Kingdom, that should be one fat-ass tiger.

I think they don't have much to feed him which helps keep his figure down

Maybe they were just taking the tiger for a walk. A tiger needs exercise, can't just lay next to Zeke all day...

They are walking down a long road presumably toward Alexandria. If Shiva poops would it be rude to not pick it up in a baggie considering the whole place is pretty much a mess at this point anyway?

She kind of reminds me of Meg Ryan.

Meg was prettier when she was younger but went too far with the plastic surgery to look young making Melissa better looking today.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Epic episode, but too bad that tiger didn't show up a couple minutes later. :thumbdown:

Once again, Rick is a total idiot, good thing everyone else bailed him out again. Maggie and Carol are true bad-asses. :thumbsup:

Epic episode, but too bad that tiger didn't show up a couple minutes later. :thumbdown:

Once again, Rick is a total idiot, good thing everyone else bailed him out again. Maggie and Carol are true bad-asses. :thumbsup:

For tonight, Sasha was the baddest ass.

I'll miss her. Good actress.

The whole kingdom thing should be so cheesey, but it works. The three main players there are such damn good actors, they make it great.

For one night anyway, the slow boring season is forgotten. 14 episodes sandwiched between two great ones.