Robert Klemko, Peter King and MMQB - Journalistic garbage

QB Bills

I don't know what he is now, but Kaepernick used to be Methodist and then Lutheran.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

But I'm also pretty sure that Muslim isn't a race.

So I guess neither side gives a !@#$ about the meaning of the words they're using. We just want to be angry at each other.

Kaepernick as a Muslim was trending on the Net as guilt by association, as his girlfriend is Muslim and is apparently a key catalyst to his newfound activism.

100%, it used to be better to be "right than 1st." That isn't the case anymore. It is really bad journalism. There is no denying that. If the point of the thread was to point that out we are absolutely in agreement. If the point was "there is no proof that this happened," I hesitate to say that it is impossible (or even unlikely). I feel for those in the video as people are associating them with the racist behavior. The majority of people in that video were not doing anything like that.

That's my guess on why the OP started the thread. It's a totally irresponsible hit job by Klemko considering the video singles out Alexis. Her response was perfect.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would Jews be offended if somebody misidentified him as a Jew?

Why do people immediately assume that somebody else is going to be offended?

I don't assume anything, I just wouldn't be surprised if a Jewish person would feel a bit off when someone calls you a Jew because you have a "big nose."

I could tell 25 stories of things that have happened in that stadium that no one here has ever heard that are 100% true that are FAR, FAR, FAR less conceivable than that. In addition, to what I know that has happened there off the record I have attended well over 100 games there. I have seen some things.

I am not saying that we should act as it is true but it is a much bigger stretch IMO that this guy concocted this, elaborate, racist story to get clicks. Someone yelling "tackle the Muslim" is much more believable in my experience.

I have those stories as well, but what this writer did was irresponsible. He attempted to smear this woman as a bigot when the evidence doesn't show it. This woman should not be punished for what someone could have said.

Kaepernick as a Muslim was trending on the Net as guilt by association, as his girlfriend is Muslim and is apparently a key catalyst to his newfound activism.

He may be Muslim or just like Muslim poon. But does something about being a Muslim dictate a person's views on violence between police and African Americans?

The word has nothing to do with people's dislike of his activism.

But some people may or may not have thrown out the term Muslim in a derogatory manner as if that was the driving force on these particular beliefs, and the response to that stupidity is to double down on stupidity and call those people racist.

Edited by Joe Miner

I don't know what he is now, but Kaepernick used to be Methodist and then Lutheran.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

But I'm also pretty sure that Muslim isn't a race.

So I guess neither side gives a !@#$ about the meaning of the words they're using. We just want to be angry at each other.

Honestly, I believe vocabulary/literacy/comprehension have a lot to do with societal problems.

People hear/read something and totally misconstrue the point. It creates a snowball effect of inaccurate responses. Basically, your typical scenario of a communication breakdown.

You can see the same thing happen all the time on this very message board.

I think history will remember how the beginning of the Information Age was tainted with so much misinformation.

I guess Klemco is getting all the attention he intended to from this...

Must be good for business.

It's very good for business. Like I said; it's click bait, usually designed to create a ruckus where no ruckus existed, for the sake of getting hits for the sake of ad dollars, predictably ending with someone saying something stupid like, "Well, yeah, I guess it didn't happen, but it was good to get a conversation started."

I don't assume anything, I just wouldn't be surprised if a Jewish person would feel a bit off when someone calls you a Jew because you have a "big nose."

If you go through life waiting to be offended, you will be.

Presuming that somebody is of certain race/ethnicity because their facial features match the dominant characteristics of that race/ethnicity shouldn't be offensive, unless that presumption is accompanied by a vile act.

There are racists everywhere. Problem is now they are emboldened to speak their mind.. And a shirt with anyone in the crosshairs is just wrong IMO...

I fully support Kap, everyone should be protesting this nation the government and the greed from wallstreet and its over zealous monetary influence into our politics..

I have some bad news for you friend. The people who are busy f'ing you from wall st are the exact same ones making sure you're focused like a laser on every little thought that pours from some airheaded SF QB, and on what Donald Trump said 10 years ago, rather than what's happening in front of our very faces.

That's my guess on why the OP started the thread. It's a totally irresponsible hit job by Klemko considering the video singles out Alexis. Her response was perfect.

If I had a dime for every otherwise innocent idiot that gets talked into some sort of stupid college lefty activism by a good looking girl, I'd be rich. I should have came up with the idea of printing Che tshirts back when I was in college in the late 80s. When Kaep flames out of the NFL and burns through his money, his GF will move onto greener pastures, and he'll be left with his memories and perhaps the knowledge that he got played like a low rent sucker

If I had a dime for every otherwise innocent idiot that gets talked into some sort of stupid college lefty activism by a good looking girl, I'd be rich. I should have came up with the idea of printing Che tshirts back when I was in college in the late 80s. When Kaep flames out of the NFL and burns through his money, his GF will move onto greener pastures, and he'll be left with his memories and perhaps the knowledge that he got played like a low rent sucker

And the NFL writers will continue to talk about how the the problem with the 49ers was never Kaep, but everyone else.

He looked like Billy Joe Hobert coming off the bench Sunday, but you wouldn't know it to read about it.

Do we really think this isn't true? Anyone who is honest about the general population of the greater Buffalo area knows it's as racist a region as anything down south.

it's been a long time, but yep, that's what I remember, we got indoctrinated into it from childhood/// so much misinformation and bad blood .. i have to believe it's better now (?)

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

it's been a long time, but yep, that's what I remember, we got indoctrinated into it from childhood/// so much misinformation and bad blood .. i have to believe it's better now (?)

I grew up in Buffalo, and as an adult have lived in New England, Alabama, Upstate, and OH. I can say, without reservation, that Blacks and Whites get along much better in Alabama than they do anywhere north of the Mason Dixon line. In part I believe it's because in the South, Blacks and Whites actually interact and there is nowhere near the segregation between races that you see, especially in the suburban northeast, which ironically is where the most virulent social justice warriors seem to spring forth from. There's nothing quite as quaint as being lectured about race relations by someone who has only ever dealt with others in the abstract and almost never in person. My wife is from the deep south and appalled at the way that blacks and whites interact here in USNY. People think it's odd that most of her social group are either black or latina, but it's second nature to her.

You're talking about a group of people who are drunk and already riled up, do we really think this wasn't said by at least someone in the area, if not the girl herself? The real question is, why is this a story? Is calling someone a Muslim an insult now? People burn effigies of opposing players all the time, why are we supposed to treat this player as special? I'm sure there are plenty of racist comments lobbed at opposing players at New Era field on a weekly basis, this is just a group of people looking for a reason to be professionally outraged so people can see how sensitive they are.

Do we really think this isn't true? Anyone who is honest about the general population of the greater Buffalo area knows it's as racist a region as anything down south.

Who cares if it is true? People have really gotten soft . Muslims have only themselves to blame for their reputation. Also , it's a religion not a race.

You're talking about a group of people who are drunk and already riled up, do we really think this wasn't said by at least someone in the area, if not the girl herself? The real question is, why is this a story? Is calling someone a Muslim an insult now? People burn effigies of opposing players all the time, why are we supposed to treat this player as special? I'm sure there are plenty of racist comments lobbed at opposing players at New Era field on a weekly basis, this is just a group of people looking for a reason to be professionally outraged so people can see how sensitive they are.

A bunch of people who never pay the slightest attention to football all of a sudden became intensely interested when their SJW spidey senses started to tingle. Lots of people whose main purpose in life seems to be taking offense on behalf of others, when they thought they could find a new cause of the day in Kaep. Remember, it's almost never about what they say it's about, it's all virtue signaling and tribalism. It's why as football fans when we see other fans acting like fans we don't get the vapors but the comment section of the NY Times and Salon are appalled, shocked, at what those grubby unsophisticated proles get up to in their leisure time

A bunch of people who never pay the slightest attention to football all of a sudden became intensely interested when their SJW spidey senses started to tingle. Lots of people whose main purpose in life seems to be taking offense on behalf of others, when they thought they could find a new cause of the day in Kaep. Remember, it's almost never about what they say it's about, it's all virtue signaling and tribalism. It's why as football fans when we see other fans acting like fans we don't get the vapors but the comment section of the NY Times and Salon are appalled, shocked, at what those grubby unsophisticated proles get up to in their leisure time

Well said

There are racists everywhere. Problem is now they are emboldened to speak their mind.. And a shirt with anyone in the crosshairs is just wrong IMO...

I fully support Kap, everyone should be protesting this nation the government and the greed from wallstreet and its over zealous monetary influence into our politics..

They are NOW emboldened? I would say the opposite- anyone with anything to lose (job, reputation, etc) can't say a damn thing that might be construed as racist or derogatory.

As for the T-shirt.... You and others are seeing what you want to see.

Kaep chooses to kneel during the anthem; vendors at away stadiums need a "hook" to sell shirts like they've done for ages; voila, an old-west style poster playing up how he's the enemy. Nothing more, nothing less.....

post-23239-0-51065400-1476814162_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Chuck Schick

She crushed him!!!

I have those stories as well, but what this writer did was irresponsible. He attempted to smear this woman as a bigot when the evidence doesn't show it. This woman should not be punished for what someone could have said.

That's exactly why I feel for the people in the video. He said that he heard it (which I believe) but decided to showcase a group of people that he admits aren't the ones to have said it. That is beyond irresponsible and bordering on libel.

They are NOW emboldened? I would say the opposite- anyone with anything to lose (job, reputation, etc) can't say a damn thing that might be construed as racist or derogatory.

As for the T-shirt.... You and others are seeing what you want to see.

Kaep chooses to kneel during the anthem; vendors at away stadiums need a "hook" to sell shirts like they've done for ages; voila, an old-west style poster playing up how he's the enemy. Nothing more, nothing less.....

Yeah, a "wanted" poster for a rival's star player is the same thing...sure it is.

Yeah, a "wanted" poster for a rival's star player is the same thing...sure it is.

I would argue that Brady's is worse. "Wanted dead or alive" vs the crosshairs..... Again, you're seeing what you want see.

Neither mean anything in real life.

Unless your point is that a certain group of people are so stupid that they will act out on what a $15 t-shirt jokingly implies? So there cannot be even a hint of provocation toward that group, for the good of humanity? Hmmmm

Has Kaep started some form of a foundation and put some of his money into a police and inner city project to build better relationships? Has he done any thing to tell people to not run and do as police say or stop shooting each other in gang neighborhoods?

Please let me know if he has done this. I have not heard anything from him or his supporters on how to stop police violence or gang violence which is even worse as many bystanders are shot in cold blood.