Rex's boasting

TUBSTER

The whole of last year was Rex making predictions and then falling on his face.

This year (apart from the New England stunt as the reporter) He has been much more controlled and calm and ready each week.

Even some reporters were noticing it and made some comments.

And I know it's only 6 weeks in but it's amazing what a little self-control and some effort did to this team.

has zero impact on the games for either side, something for the media to blow up- and they do every time.

Kelso noted on the broadcast yesterday that last year's team would win a game and think they had everything figured out. Too high after wins, too low after losses.

The attitude of this year's team (and Rex obviously influences that) is much more even-keeled, business-like. They understand that they need to play well to win and we are seeing consistent efforts.

I was thinking about this after last week's win, that his press conferences are more subdued. I think it's a good thing. Talk is cheap. Walk softly and carry a big stick. And any other cliche you want to add. I wonder if Pegulas have influenced him in any way? And I don't mean in a control way, rather they aren't showy and boastful; they tend to speak with actions.

has zero impact on the games for either side, something for the media to blow up- and they do every time.

I think the actions and attitude of a head coach affect the attitudes and actions of a team - which has an impact on the on-field performance; most specifically with discipline.

I think a spike in discipline has led to increased execution and has helped the team, as a whole, play better.

Many people like to think that a head coach doesn't have much of an impact on how hard the team plays, or how disciplined they are - simply because they are professional athletes. I've always disagreed. Yes, they are pros. But we're not talking about too many sharp tools in these sheds, let's be honest. I think they are very, very impressionable and they need discipline in order to play with it.

could it be a planned kind of thing ...

When the team is doing poorly the media gets the bombastic buffoon Rex who diverts the negative press from the players and onto himself.

When the team does well we get the subdued professional Rex which allows the media to write up the teams performance.

I don't know ... just think the personality switch is all of a sudden so I'm guessing

Then again it could be that his brother is here and has said .... hey dude you're being a donkey's hindquarters out there.

This year (apart from the New England stunt as the reporter) He has been much more controlled and calm and ready each week.

And I know it's only 6 weeks in but it's amazing what a little self-control and some effort did to this team.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't recall him boasting after the fact in the past. I see him as a guy that enjoys a good laugh and doesn't take the media part of his job so seriously.

Maybe he was just telling the truth that he knew how to couch defense.

I do enjoy less prognostication though. I think he stopped the "We are going to win" crap and now just says "Ee are going to be prepared and enjoy the challenge".

His press conferences had nothing to do with the Bills winning. Keep thinking this bull **** though. Edited by Beef Jerky