Shaq Lawson is eligible this week. Our number one pick!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are falling for Rex's deception.

Lawson will play a lot in a three man rotation with Lorax and Hughes.

Combine the heat with the fact those two have played a ton of snaps already and that is reason enough for Lawson to get 20+ snaps.

I would be shocked if Shaq got 20 snaps. My guess is 75% he is inactive this week and whatever game is first active he plays 3-5 snaps.

Shaq says he's in the best shape of his life so I expect to see him active for the game so we can get a feel for where he's at during actual live game time so we are more comfortable with him for the *NE game. I hope he terrorizes QBs like Bruce used to.

Go BILLS!!!!

Edited by BuffaloFan68

Shaq says he's in the best shape of his life so I expect to see him active for the game so we can get a feel for where he's at during actual live game time so we are more comfortable with him for the *NE game. I hope he terrorizes QBs like Bruce used to.

Me too, though you might want to lower your expectations a bit and give the kid a chance to acclimate and grow into his new role. Maybe he'll get to Bruce's level by next year. . . :thumbsup:

I would be shocked if Shaq got 20 snaps. My guess is 75% he is inactive this week and whatever game is first active he plays 3-5 snaps.

what's the point in activating him and cutting another player for shaq to only play 3-5 snaps.

Shaq hasn't played in a football game since January. You could almost say he would be a liability out there this week, not having experienced NFL game speed or any hitting in nine months.

I'm predicting inactive this week, then another week of practice and we see his debut vs. the Pats***

Shaq hasn't played in a football game since January. You could almost say he would be a liability out there this week, not having experienced NFL game speed or any hitting in nine months.

I'm predicting inactive this week, then another week of practice and we see his debut vs. the Pats***

by this logic, then wouldnt he also be a liability against the Pats (or whatever his first game is)? Or will two weeks of practice (5 padded practices) really make him game ready?

If he is healthy, you activate him and rotate him in to get him acclimated

by this logic, then wouldnt he also be a liability against the Pats (or whatever his first game is)? Or will two weeks of practice (5 padded practices) really make him game ready?

I agree. I think the other points above about throwing him in on passing downs sounds right too. Maybe his snaps are limited, but any in game experience is good at this point. Don't see the downside to him getting snaps if he's good to go.

Exactly. Get him a little bit used to the smack and speed of the pro game this week and turn him loose against NE.

No, I think the additional week of practice gets him past the "wow, I'm back" phase and into the "I'm ready to play" phase.

No, I think the additional week of practice gets him past the "wow, I'm back" phase and into the "I'm ready to play" phase.

I see what your saying. I think the first game, regardless, for him will be "wow im back"...Id rather have him go through that against one of the worst teams in the NFL than against the best. If hes healthy and can contribute, get him in for 10-15 plays this week to knock the rust off/get rid of the wow factor

Me too, though you might want to lower your expectations a bit and give the kid a chance to acclimate and grow into his new role. Maybe he'll get to Bruce's level by next year. . . :thumbsup:

Nah. Cornelius Bennett sat idle from the Draft til Halloween. Then started that Sunday vs AFC Champ Broncos. Biscuit terrorized Elway and the Bills WON! The rest, as they say, is History.

Nah. Cornelius Bennett sat idle from the Draft til Halloween. Then started that Sunday vs AFC Champ Broncos. Biscuit terrorized Elway and the Bills WON! The rest, as they say, is History.

Elway's response to Bennett's explosive rush was literally "Oh ****!"

I see what your saying. I think the first game, regardless, for him will be "wow im back"...Id rather have him go through that against one of the worst teams in the NFL than against the best. If hes healthy and can contribute, get him in for 10-15 plays this week to knock the rust off/get rid of the wow factor

Reasonable points.

I'm not going to go back through and read this whole thread, but doesn't bringing Shaq back right now mean we can't bring Watkins back this season??? Is Whaley crazy??

Correct. You can only bring one injured player back of the injured list.