The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting games this week:

We probably want the Jets to beat the Dolphins.

We want the Jaguars to beat the Chiefs (unlikely but would be nice)

We want the Steelers to beat the Ravens (the steelers running away with that division would be best, they play Baltimore 2x and Cinci 1x in the next 9 games.)

We want the Packers to beat the Colts (Just to be safe)

These last two are tough

Do we want the Chargers to beat the Titans?

Do we want Oakland to beat the Broncos?

They need to get to 10-6 one way or another because 9-7 won't cut it.

Which means they have to win all of their "easy" games (Jags, Browns, Phins, Jets) and split their "tough" games (Hawks, Bengals, Raiders, Steelers.) The problem is 3 of the 4 "tough" games are on the road.

And yeah, I'm still including the Bengals in the "tough" section as they've lost to the likes of the Steelers, Broncos, Cowboys and Patriots three of which were on the road. That's a murderers row right there.

Which means they have to win all of their "easy" games (Jags, Browns, Phins, Jets) and split their "tough" games (Hawks, Bengals, Raiders, Steelers.) The problem is 3 of the 4 "tough" games are on the road.

And yeah, I'm still including the Bengals in the "tough" section as they've lost to the likes of the Steelers, Broncos, Cowboys and Patriots three of which were on the road. That's a murderers row right there.

And they need to probably win 3 of the tough games. I don't like our chances against pittsburgh so this games pretty important if the bills want to believe.

NFL.com: Which AFC teams will make the playoffs?
The AFC West might be the NFL's best division in 2016 -- making for quite a race between Marcus Peters' Chiefs, Amari Cooper's Raiders and Aqib Talib's Broncos. Our analysts predict AFC playoff teams.

Just one guy thinks the Bills will make it.

Adam Rank: Bills. Really a tough call with them and the Chiefs. Seriously, does the AFC North deserve a winner?

I think the key ones are:

Baltimore beating Pittsburgh would be awesome and help us out quite a bit.

Green Bay beating Indy

Tennessee beating San Diego is iffy? My gut says San Diego is going to be in the wild card hunt and Tennessee isn't at the end.

Nope. We have to share his BBFS for the rest of the season and throw up all over TSW with negativity.

It is so absurd. The will to trash the season is so strong. Wait so long each year only for people to throw in the towel 2 weeks in. Then 7 weeks in. Then 8 weeks in.

I think the key ones are:

Baltimore beating Pittsburgh would be awesome and help us out quite a bit.

Green Bay beating Indy

Tennessee beating San Diego is iffy? My gut says San Diego is going to be in the wild card hunt and Tennessee isn't at the end.

It is so absurd. The will to trash the season is so strong. Wait so long each year only for people to throw in the towel 2 weeks in. Then 7 weeks in. Then 8 weeks in.

plus we will want san diego to get wins against kc oakland and denver

I still think Baltimore is a bit of a paper tiger and they're going to crash down to earth during the back half of their schedule. They raced out to 3-0 beating Buffalo, Cleveland and Jacksonville. Darby inexplicably dropped a surefire pick 6 that could have changed the opener too.

Since then, they've lost to Oakland (good team), Washington and the Giants (both mediocre), and the Jets (not a good team)

They still have 5 division games left including 2 each against the Steelers and Bengals, along with the Cowboys (probable loss), Patriots (loss), Eagles and Dolphins (toss up).

Give them a split against the Steelers and Bengals, a win against the Browns and one out of Philly and Miami and that's a 7-9 team.

If you're going to look at the rosy picture of the Bills being a wild card contender, you need to worry about the loser of the Oakland/Denver game tonight, Kansas City (as usual), and the Steelers or Bengals - whichever doesn't come out as the AFCN frontrunner

Edited by JM57