Revisiting the Schedule

GunnerBill

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Bills stack up against teams like NE and Seattle. This team is looking pretty dominant. The real tests are coming up. Screw worrying about losing. Knock out the biggest dude in the room and move on.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think the next 4 games tell how the rest of the season is going to go. I don't know if Miami is going to be an issue or not but from what I can see they aren't exactly in a good position to win. Pats are Pats, being home might help but I don't think that will matter and we will continue to have issues with Brady. Seattle and Cincy look like wildcards to me. Not in the playoff sense but you never know who's going to show up, the good team or the bad one. Seattle at home will definitely be a challenge though.

I think they will split these 4 games to be sitting at 6-3. Jags in OP should be a win but they are playing good ball even though they aren't finishing. Oakland is going to be a challenge as well as Pitt of Big Ben gets back to work. Closing the season they should have 3 wins agains clev, miami and jets but remains to be seen. I'm going to say 10-6 is my optimistic guess.

To be fair, we've only played @Oakland 3 times since 1981 ;)

Last time we won @ Raiders in general was 1991

Also true.

1966, that last playoff year in the AFL, was the last time the Bills did a lot of things:

won on the west coast (until 1980, when they did it twice!)

won a division title (also until 1980)

won in the orange bowl (until 1983)

beat Houston (also until 1983)

won in Oakland (....)

I love how every year we always say "upset alert" when we have a patriots game coming up... They have kicked the snot out of us for 10 years man... They win unless proven otherwise in real time...

We pull off a JETS win - Cincy win - and Steelers at home. That takes us to 11 wins.. Super bowl!

Kicked the snot out of us for 10 years? Are you only 10?

Got to beat steelers at home.

Especially if Ben is out.

IF Ben was out, I could see that happening. Knowing his injury and surgery, hell be back in time to torch us, we just gotta pressure him when hes on the field, and let our offense keep him on the sidelines.

Bills currently at 4-2 (162 PF - 103 PA). The #2 rusher in the NFL. 5th in points allowed, 12th in yards allowed

"Should win"

@ Miami 2-4 (118 PF)-(134 PA) a bad team and hot off a beating of the 4-1 Steelers!

@ Cinncinati 2-4 (109)-145) a shell of what it was last year as this team is really missing Hue Jackson! Beatable!

Jacksonville 2-3 (101)-(127) a bad team and defense is looking better

Cleveland 0-6 (113)-(176) a very bad team- this team scares me because they seem to play everyone close and will eventually beat someone.

Miami -very difficult to beat a team 2x so this is never a given

@ Jets 1-4 (92)-(136) a bad team right now without Decker and Gailey hasn't gotten a clue how to work that run game yet

"Outsiders"

Patriots 5-1 (149-91) The team to beat in the AFC! Probably the 2016 SB winner

@ Seahawks 4-1 should have lost to Atlanta at home as the refs blew a holding call on Jones. Beatable!

Steelers 4-2 (154)-(122) Big Ben out for a few games and should be back by week 14. What really, really sucks is who the Steelers play this week at home WO Ben!!

@ Raiders 4-2 (152)-(163) The Raiders have one of the worst defenses 24th in pts and 32nd in yards allowed Beatable!

My idea of the schedule looks like this going forward.

@ Miami W 5-2

New England L 5-3

@ Seattle L 5-4

BYE WEEK

@Cincy W 6-4

Jacksonville W 7-4

@Oakland L 7-5

Pittsburgh L 7-6

Cleveland W 8-6

Miami W 9-6

@New York Jets W 10-6

10-6 and it looks like it might get to 12-6 depending on how the Pittsburgh and Oakland games go. This team is gaining more confidence with each win and although I don't see a sweep of the Patriots. However, I can see the Bills beating the Raiders, Steelers, and Seahawks. The Seattle offense really isn't very good because of a bad line. The Raiders defense stinks and they won't shut down the Bills run game this year!

I have said this in other threads on this....

Going into the season I felt buffalo could win one against NE and the games st Seattle snd Cincinati would be hard then the games against the jets, fins, raiders, steelers, and ravens were going to be competitive snd we may lose some of them.

They go 0-3 in the first group and 4-3 in the second group gets them to 10-6.

Seeing what we see now Cincinati isn't as good, pittsburgh isn't good on the road. Seattle isn't ad dominant.

They also finish 4 out of last 6 at home. If they can get to 5-5 by week 10 they should be in good shape.

I think they can be 6-4 or 7-3 after werk 12 would be great.

New england has gotten some breaks with arizona not kicking a FG snd now rothlesburger being hurt. Those were two games I thought NE could lose.

Interesting that we can pick up Lawson, Dareus, and Watkins as the season progresses. A little wild card that I don't think any other team comes close to recouping three first round special talents as the season progresses who hadn't contributed in the early part (although I can think of one divisional opponent that seems to have recouped a sixth round HOF talent).

Bills can beat all those teams.

I'm more worried about whether we rest our starters in week 17, or try for a 14-2 record.

Depends on the Pats* record. If both teams are 13-2 winning the last game could be the difference between the 1 seed and the 5. Gotta play everybody in that scenario. If the pats* already have 3 or more losses we have the division and likely the #1 seed ground up and in the freezer even with a loss. In that case maybe you think about resting key starters.

I gotta tell ya, if the Bills manage to beat the Patriots @ Buffalo then the sky is the limit as they can take the division and even get home field throughout. The Bills are one of the hottest teams in the NFL and as long as they don't pull a Pittsburgh in overlooking Miami because NE is next they should win.

Pittsburgh- Big Ben injured and we don't know how he will do when he returns. The Dolphins caught the Steelers looking past them to the Patriots this week

Denver- has QB issues and that defense is just not as potent without Ware.

Oakland- has serious defensive issues

Houston- just not that good QB issues

Tennessee- just not that good

As teams get smaller to defend the quick pass they become vulnerable to the "ground and pound."

The Bills zigged when other teams were zagging. It is how Seattle was dominant and how NE has been trending especially now that they have 2 big body tes and blount being used even with Brady's return.

The Bills are actually ahead of the curve!

been saying this since 2014. Ground and pound be big by 2019

As teams get smaller to defend the quick pass they become vulnerable to the "ground and pound."

The Bills zigged when other teams were zagging. It is how Seattle was dominant and how NE has been trending especially now that they have 2 big body tes and blount being used even with Brady's return.

The Bills are actually ahead of the curve!

You could absolutely see the 49ers D give up on Sunday in the 4th quarter. They were ready to get on a plane and get back to SF. Incognito's interview with Murph yesterday revealed similar thoughts -- the Bills are trying to make the opponents' D want to quit. If they only had Sammy there's no telling how good this offense could be.

The 2004 Bills started 0-4 (losing 3 games by a total of 8 points), and then went on to win 9 of their next 11 games, including a 6-game winning streak. During these eleven games they won games by the scores 38-14, 37-17, 38-9, 42-32, 37-7, 33-17, and 41-7. They looked like an absolute juggernaut, beating the snot out of everybody they faced (with the exception of the Patriots, of course).

As you know, they came into the last game of the season against the Steelers, in Buffalo, needing to win to clinch a playoff spot. The Steelers rested their starters, and the Bills managed to lose 29-24.

Talk to me about how great the Bills are at the end of the season.