Any Love for Rex?

Mikie2times

I refuse to let go. Like most, this team has tortured my soul and whenever I do let go it seems to be exactly the time they falter. Having said that, Rex deserves a lot of credit for what Buffalo has been able to accomplish so far this year. This is not an "in spite of" situation, he has been one of the primary reasons for the teams turn around. What say you? Give the man some love, wait and see, or eternal hate?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to give credit where its due. Rex has done what I thought he might've been incapable of doing; delegating.

Still a case of wait and see for me. It has to manifest itself in a postseason berth, but I'm more comfortable with him as the HC than I have been for the past year or so.

I'm happy to give credit where its due. Rex has done what I thought he might've been incapable of doing; delegating.

Still a case of wait and see for me. It has to manifest itself in a postseason berth, but I'm more comfortable with him as the HC than I have been for the past year or so.

All this.

Have to give Rob and Dennis credit as well. Pressure was lacking but came through when we needed it. Nice to see Lynn again make some great calls and have a QB with great patience to lead to a nice win. Rex, 49ers stink but you are certainly showing your ability to evolve as a HC.

Have to give Rob and Dennis credit as well. Pressure was lacking but came through when we needed it. Nice to see Lynn again make some great calls and have a QB with great patience to lead to a nice win. Rex, 49ers stink but you are certainly showing your ability to evolve as a HC.

They were a bit vanilla on their pressures today which was almost certainly because they wanted to limit the Kaepernick scrambles when more complex pressures lost lane discipline.

The change to Lynn has had a dramatic change on the team, although you cannot give him too much credit for that because Lynn was always his guy and he hired Roman to run the offense. Roman did a decent job last year but this year obviously tried to do too many things that were not smart. Rex made the right call to go to Lynn but it gets him back to even because he was responsible for Roman in the first place, and he didn't do what HC need to do when their coordinators do not do what needs to be done, which is step in. Rex didn't do it so he shouldn't get credit.

On defense, hiring his brother Rob, plus John Blake, plus Ed Reed, plus giving away playcalling duties (which he has done before) has worked well. He has had the team ready. He has got the team to buy in to his system. When the players have a day off, last week they had two, all of the team has been coming in on their own. That cannot be underestimated and it's because of Rex.

He hasn't been making bad calls on challenges or timeouts. We have been good at the end of the half. We haven't let down when Bills teams of the past may have tanked in games like the last two weeks. He's not overcoaching. He's actually been very good this season. But it's still semi early. He has to get wins against top teams. Jury is still out. But he's been good so far.

He deserves credit for keeping the team focused and not listening to the critics ready to count this season as over after 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing Dareus and Shaq get into the lineup now. A couple nice additions to a team on a 4 game win streak.