Report: Sammy could return this season!

YoloinOhio

I guess this makes me a "downer", but if he's having complications I wish they'd shut him down and let him heal up for good. I'm afraid if he comes back, he'll wind up needing another "immobilization/heal" for 8-12 weeks in Jan then having another surgery next March or April.

I understand what you are saying. I do think if the doctors and training staff and the player think the foot is ready, then it is good enough for me.

Sammy is a great talent who has yet to reach his full potential. There are many variables to why Sammy has not. I will say if you dislike Sammy for where he was drafted or what was given for the move, that's not on Sammy.

Hope he gets healed up and is back for the playoff push, with the Bills sitting at 8-2!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up poor in a black neighborhood in north Las Vegas. I was fortunate to have a two parent family, and my parents worked their asses off to make sure that were able to rectify a lot of major mistakes they made in order that I have a better life.

By the time I was 6 they had gotten us out of the area, and moved cross country where we lived with my paternal grandparents for two years while my father started a new career in his early 30's.

They were never very successful, but they passed along their work ethic to my siblings and I.

I went to college, and after graduating, started a small business which grew into a small chain which I sold in my early 30's. While I held the businesses, I worked around 90 or so hours/week on average, often sleeping in my office.

After selling, and taking a year off to enjoy life and my family, I went back to work in the finance sector, which affords me a great deal more time.

The larger point is that upbringing doesn't matter. We don't get graded, as individuals, on a curve.

Sammy has already told me everything I need to know about him to form an opinion, and I don't much care for who he is as a man.

+1

I grew up poor in a black neighborhood in north Las Vegas. I was fortunate to have a two parent family, and my parents worked their asses off to make sure that were able to rectify a lot of major mistakes they made in order that I have a better life.

By the time I was 6 they had gotten us out of the area, and moved cross country where we lived with my paternal grandparents for two years while my father started a new career in his early 30's.

They were never very successful, but they passed along their work ethic to my siblings and I.

I went to college, and after graduating, started a small business which grew into a small chain which I sold in my early 30's. While I held the businesses, I worked around 90 or so hours/week on average, often sleeping in my office.

After selling, and taking a year off to enjoy life and my family, I went back to work in the finance sector, which affords me a great deal more time.

The larger point is that upbringing doesn't matter. We don't get graded, as individuals, on a curve.

Sammy has already told me everything I need to know about him to form an opinion, and I don't much care for who he is as a man.

I does if you want to show some empathy

I judge him based on how he comports himself in public.

He acts like white trash with a big pay day, and we all have little jobs.

The world needs far fewer Sammy Watkins'. It's too bad that he already procreated.

Why would world need less millionaires who are at the top .00001 of their profession?

Sammys job is better than yours. I have no issues with him bragging about it. No one minds when Conor MacGregor does it.

Why would world need less millionaires who are at the top .00001 of their profession?

Sammys job is better than yours. I have no issues with him bragging about it. No one minds when Conor MacGregor does it.

I put more stock in character than you do, apparently.

I don't care for MacGregor at all either.

That's self evident. You're defending a piece of ****.

The reading comprehension card is always weak sauce, so let's act like you didn't say this:

I judge him based on how he comports himself in public.

He acts like white trash with a big pay day, and we all have little jobs.

The world needs far fewer Sammy Watkins'. It's too bad that he already procreated.

Let me guess, you were misquoting yourself.

I don't care how you feel about Sammy Watkins, but going after defenseless toddlers is cowardly.

I does if you want to show some empathy

I have empathy for those who aren't blessed with ability or ingenuity, and never get out.

I have none for those who do, but still act like trash.

The reading comprehension card is always weak sauce, so let's act like you didn't say this:

Let me guess, you were misquoting yourself.

I don't care how you feel about Sammy Watkins, but going after defenseless toddlers is cowardly.

That's a slap at Sammy, and the type of person he is, and the type of role model he is for his kids.

Hopefully his kids will wind up being better people that he is.

Again, reading comprehension.

McGregor is a douche.

This"foot" thing is getting pretty old.... I cant help but wonder if Watkins is "damaged goods" at this point... Do you trade a troubled past for a better future?

its actually pretty standard issue, for the situation, it seems. i think your patience is just thin, not his future in jeopardy.

So what the report says is Sammy is being a baby? What is different between his foot now and what it was when they decided to put him through training camp? If he was in pain then why was he out there?

He's not being a baby. He's obviously in pain and played to help the team until he could no longer do so.

So what the report says is Sammy is being a baby? What is different between his foot now and what it was when they decided to put him through training camp? If he was in pain then why was he out there?

he was likely in some pain and as workouts and game situations got more rigorous it hurt worse. maybe theres more (like the stepped on foot incident) but odds are the main issues we have are with how they tried to report the injury more than a drastic change in the injury itself (if just guessing)

He's not being a baby. He's obviously in pain and played to help the team until he could no longer do so.

He was helping the team by running 7 on 7 drills in Rochester? Should have been rehabbing up until week 1 and we might still have him if that was the case

I have empathy for those who aren't blessed with ability or ingenuity, and never get out.

I have none for those who do, but still act like trash.

That's a slap at Sammy, and the type of person he is, and the type of role model he is for his kids.

Hopefully his kids will wind up being better people that he is.

Again, reading comprehension.

Bullschit. If it was my reading comprehension you wouldn't have seen the need to try to clarify the remarks in the first place. Not to mention the attempt to walk them back.

Next time, before you decide to question one's reading comprehension, you should aim for better clarity in the first place.

And leave defenseless little children out of it all together.