Dareus says he got treatment for ADHD; no rehab

YoloinOhio

The calls for "maturity" go hand in hand with frontal lobe development and executive decision making which generally happens around age 25 (Dareus is 26). Don't underestimate that. I'm not playing doctor here, but we have a bit more experience than I'd have wished for. I'm just hoping he gets it all together and when he goes into the HOF as one of the greatest Bills ever (and SB MVP), this will be just a footnote.

Agreed.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it Cold if I am not that nosey neighbor that sits and peeks through the blinds, wanting to know every little problem with people they don't really know in real life? His personal life is his, the football filed is ours.

There is a huge difference between caring about someone's well being and being a nosy neighbor.

Ritalin is a banned substance in the NFL.

Imo

That's what I was thinking... I certainly hope they consulted w/ the NFL before trying any medication. The next suspension would be for a year wouldn't it?

That's what I was thinking... I certainly hope they consulted w/ the NFL before trying any medication. The next suspension would be for a year wouldn't it?

It was previously mentioned there may be a Therapeutic Use Exemption of some type. I certainly hope they didnt just start feeding him pills to get the one year boot - that would be epically stupid!

I don't know exactly what all of his issues are but it seems Bruce would be the perfect mentor for him based on his career trajectory and issues he had.

Yeah, in his early days Bruce enjoyed the nose candy and liked to cause trouble at bars.

A friend of mine and a bunch of other bouncers bounced Bruce out of Mickey Rat's back in the day! LOL

He did a 180 from that and now seems like the most calm, controlled, reflective athlete I can think of.

Actions speak louder than words. Dude either gets his **** straight or else he will end up out of the NFL.

If he keeps hanging out with other people who do drugs, inevitably he will slip up and end up getting suspended again. Dude needs a new crew.

Hahah. If I was an NFL player of Dareus' status I'd probably be a hermit. I"d have my multi-million dollar mansion with swimming pools and bowling alleys; i'd probably hang out in the indoor pool all day, work out, go to practice, play ps4 in my personal home theater, and bang the wife.

OH yeh, and I'd probably try and make a lot of silly commercials like Peyton.

I wonder.

I wonder how many of the keyboard jockeys that are critical of Marcell (including Sully) have had each of the following happen to them:

1) Dad died when Marcell was six years old.

2) Mom died when Marcell was 20 years old (he is now without any parent).

3) Brother was shot and killed in a triple murder.

4) Close friend dies of cancer at 26.

By all accounts, Marcell is a great guy and his teammates love him. He made some mistakes He has paid for those mistakes (and lost millions of dollars doing so).

Carry on . . . .

I wonder.

I wonder how many of the keyboard jockeys that are critical of Marcell (including Sully) have had each of the following happen to them:

By all accounts, Marcell is a great guy and his teammates love him. He made some mistakes He has paid for those mistakes (and lost millions of dollars doing so).

Carry on . . . .

He's a kitty boo boo. Just take the screw out of his foot and deal with it.

Oh wait...wrong player.

He's a kitty boo boo. So his life has been tragic with the loss of loved ones and friends. ..get over it.

I still go to work everyday! If only the league gave me a chance. I'm very tough.

Is that how we do this?

IMO

Edited by Billschinatown

I wonder.

Carry on . . . .

The first two would definitely have an impact on his character. The other two - not so much.

Regardless, it is still up to him to overcome the negative circumstances in life just as it is up to you and me to do the same.

Every single person who fails at something in life can come up with more than one excuse for why they failed. The guys who don't fail are the ones who don't lean on the excuses and just get it done.

I don't know where you work or how much money you make, but, if your employer offered you tens of millions of dollars per year and a requirement of keeping that job was to not do any drugs, would you do any drugs?

I wonder.

Carry on . . . .

I'm guessing you know almost nothing about any "keyboard jockey" here. I'm also guessing that there is nothing more this guy could do to inhibit career that you wouldn't give him a pass--no matter how many times he says he's going to make better choices (from now on) or how much BS (I'm entering rehab) he serves you to maintain your sympathy.

He's paid the price? Well, I bet he woke up Monday morning still a healthy millionaire (many many times over) being paid to play a kids game.

The first two would definitely have an impact on his character. The other two - not so much.

Regardless, it is still up to him to overcome the negative circumstances in life just as it is up to you and me to do the same.

Every single person who fails at something in life can come up with more than one excuse for why they failed. The guys who don't fail are the ones who don't lean on the excuses and just get it done.

I don't know where you work or how much money you make, but, if your employer offered you tens of millions of dollars per year and a requirement of keeping that job was to not do any drugs, would you do any drugs?

Now imagine a world where you were so valuable to your employer that you violated the terms of your employment and they still put up with you. In fact they go out of their way to help you. Then after you come back the entire workforce rejoices and your employer celebrates.

Now imagine you're Karlos Williams.

Dareus is elite. He is one of the best players to ever play the game of football in the NFL. I'm happy he's back and I hope he continues to get help himself and from the team.

Now imagine a world where you were so valuable to your employer that you violated the terms of your employment and they still put up with you. In fact they go out of their way to help you. Then after you come back the entire workforce rejoices and your employer celebrates.

Now imagine you're Karlos Williams.

Dareus is elite. He is one of the best players to ever play the game of football in the NFL. I'm happy he's back and I hope he continues to get help himself and from the team.

The Bills are responding the way they are to Dareus because they are between a rock and a hard place with him. They come out all rosy and empathetic because it looks better than admitting they are just plain screwed with him financially.

Calling him one of the best players to ever play the game of football in the NFL? I wouldn't go that far.

Edited by PolishDave

The Bills are responding the way they are to Dareus because they are between a rock and a hard place with him. They come out all rosy and empathetic because it looks better than admitting they are just plain screwed with him financially.

Calling him one of the best players to ever play the game of football in the NFL? I wouldn't go that far.

They gave him that money that put them in this situation because he has the talent that dictates that kind of money.

He's a kitty boo boo. Just take the screw out of his foot and deal with it.

Oh wait...wrong player.

He's a kitty boo boo. So his life has been tragic with the loss of loved ones and friends. ..get over it.

I still go to work everyday! If only the league gave me a chance. I'm very tough.

Is that how we do this?

IMO

I'm guessing you know almost nothing about any "keyboard jockey" here. I'm also guessing that there is nothing more this guy could do to inhibit career that you wouldn't give him a pass--no matter how many times he says he's going to make better choices (from now on) or how much BS (I'm entering rehab) he serves you to maintain your sympathy.

He's paid the price? Well, I bet he woke up Monday morning still a healthy millionaire (many many times over) being paid to play a kids game.

September was the 30th anniversary of my Dad's passing.

I would give any material thing I have to have been able to have him with us these past 30 years.

But, hey, that's just me.

Carry on.

P.S. I still go to work every day.

P.P.S. I certainly have made mistakes in my life.

Edited by Peter