Dareus says he got treatment for ADHD; no rehab

YoloinOhio

Bills' Marcell Dareus embraces 'defining moment' after suspension

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2016/10/04/marcell-dareus-buffalo-bills-suspension/91570544/

As he tries putting his life in order, he used the four-week suspension to assemble a support group that includes ADHD expert Dr. Ned Hollowell and a life coach, Jen Zobel Bieber. Hes also leaning on a credible football voice: Hall of Fame defensive end Bruce Smith.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcell Dareus is back to work, back from a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy, and the powerful Buffalo Bills defensive tackle insists that he’s a changed man.

Sure, you’ve heard that before. Even from Dareus, whose life and career have encountered so many trials, with so much tragedy and too many questionable decisions.

“I can’t explain how critical this is for me,” Dareus told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday, his first comment since coming off the suspended list. “In order to be the best person I can be, I have to put my best foot forward and be the person I know I want to be, and not so much about what people expect me to be or how they view me.”

Ritalin is a banned substance in the NFL.

Imo

Good thing they have Oxycodone & Vicodin by the bucket-fulls in the locker rooms though. Way to care for your players' overall well being.

I know someone who quit her corporate job to become a "life coach." She is raking it in. Still not really sure what she does.

We know a guy who earns 7 figures and pays $1,000/quarter for a former CPA turned life coach. He was making half that when he started with her and signed up. He said "you won't really like her, but she will hold you accountale!" Swears by her. We now pay for our son to work with her!

I don't know exactly what all of his issues are but it seems Bruce would be the perfect mentor for him based on his career trajectory and issues he had.

That is an excellent point. Show him the way top the HOF, Bruce!

Actions speak louder than words. Dude either gets his **** straight or else he will end up out of the NFL.

If he keeps hanging out with other people who do drugs, inevitably he will slip up and end up getting suspended again. Dude needs a new crew.

Stair-climbing machines?

Many! And grow up a bit, but all that will come together in time, I hope. I am a firm believer that the brain does not mature until about age 25, especially for males. Standard frontal lobe stuff I have personally witnessed. We are in the strike zone!