Wheres all the Todd Bowles fanboys at ?

You don't remember Jace Amaro after he got hired?

"(Bowles) came in telling us that he expects to win," Amaro told Sirius XM NFL Radio on Monday, per Newsday. "He's not really playing around with everybody being late. We had an issue with that last year. I think guys just weren't accountable last year as much they could be. And I think that's the biggest thing."

Amaro said Bowles is "making sure that everyone's going to be 100 percent in or you're not going to be on the team, so that's really going to filter out toward the guys."

i see. Well I guess there was that and then what actually happened after that :lol:

Is amaro still on the team btw?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know anything about Bowles - so honestly wondering why you thought a team of his would be above that? They have seemed undisciplined ever since he took over IMO so not too surprised.

Was he considered to be a buttoned up accountability coach as a DC? I didn't really follow his career as an assistant.

Reputation by association with Arians, I guess.

I thought a Bowles team would be buttoned up, too.

His Cards teams haven't had many disciplinary issues that I can remember

i don't really follow them much so I don't know maybe he's a hard ass. Didn't watch the realit show either. But he's a loose cannon himself. Quick story - he interviewed for the SD job before they hired McCoy and SD ownership is very conservative. He showed up at dinner in tshirt and jeans, got drunk and was yelling obscenities in a fine SD establishment. They were horrified. Too bad they got stuck with McCoy who is as buttoned up as you get but sucks as a coach. Edited by YoloinOhio

Isn't this the kind of thing that we (or at least I) thought Bowles' team was above?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/07/report-jets-wilkerson-richardson-miss-meetings-all-the-time/

I'm (seriously) shocked at this...

I hope they tear it down again this offseason.

I expect short of an unforeseen scandal Rex is back.......and the Jets will have a big decision on Revis so maybe Revis comes in and fills that safety void in Buffalo?

I hope they tear it down again this offseason.

I expect short of an unforeseen scandal Rex is back.......and the Jets will have a big decision on Revis so maybe Revis comes in and fills that safety void in Buffalo?

I think there's a very good chance that Revis is let go--they can create $14M in cap space by doing so...that'd actually be a smart move to get him in here as a free safety. He knows the defense, can probably make a decent transition, and wouldn't count against the compensatory formula.

I do worry that he'd want significant money, even as a safety, which will be tough to accommodate given that the team won't get much cap relief from the (presumed) Aaron Williams retirement.

i don't really follow them much so I don't know maybe he's a hard ass. Didn't watch the realit show either. But he's a loose cannon himself. Quick story - he interviewed for the SD job before they hired McCoy and SD ownership is very conservative. He showed up at dinner in tshirt and jeans, got drunk and was yelling obscenities in a fine SD establishment. They were horrified. Too bad they got stuck with McCoy who is as buttoned up as you get but sucks as a coach.

No way...he must have really hated the idea coaching in San Diego...

I think there's a very good chance that Revis is let go--they can create $14M in cap space by doing so...that'd actually be a smart move to get him in here as a free safety. He knows the defense, can probably make a decent transition, and wouldn't count against the compensatory formula.

I do worry that he'd want significant money, even as a safety, which will be tough to accommodate given that the team won't get much cap relief from the (presumed) Aaron Williams retirement.

If designated post June 1 cut, AW's dead cap would be split $2.425mil bet '17 & '18. 2016 is the painful year of his contract.

Wut! He missed his own bday cake. MARCELL would never miss cake.

@danhanzus

Mo Wilkerson missed walk-thru before Ravens game and a defensive meeting where team had a cake to celebrate his birthday, per @MikeGarafolo.

@mikegarafolo

Two things to add: This was the day before the Ravens game on 10/23. And Jets official declined comment on the matter.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Still blaming his undisciplined team on Rex, 2 years later. This leak is hilarious

@rapsheet

What atmosphere did #Jets coach Todd Bowles inherit? Before he arrived, players would go to bars/strip clubs before games, after bed check

Disciplinary issues for #Jets DL Mo Wilkerson are not new. Before signing his 5-yr, $86M deal, he met with coach Todd Bowles on his behavior

In the meeting with Todd Bowles, Wilkerson promised he understood the responsibility of a deal & vowed to behave. Then last week happened

Still blaming his undisciplined team on Rex, 2 years later. This leak is hilarious

@rapsheet

What atmosphere did #Jets coach Todd Bowles inherit? Before he arrived, players would go to bars/strip clubs before games, after bed check

Disciplinary issues for #Jets DL Mo Wilkerson are not new. Before signing his 5-yr, $86M deal, he met with coach Todd Bowles on his behavior

In the meeting with Todd Bowles, Wilkerson promised he understood the responsibility of a deal & vowed to behave. Then last week happened

It's a hilarious leak.

Last season, besides the off season stuff, you didn't hear any of this during the season. Now, a full season later, it's still Rex's fault Bowles can't get his team under control.