Bills Awarded WR Justin Hunter from Waivers

26CornerBlitz

Wait...a tall WR is a bigger target in the red zone? Who knew. Sign some more 5'8" receivers Whaley

I know you do not watch the games based on your posts but when training camp started they had a lot of tall receivers and they have signed quite a few others although none seem to work out including 6'4" Dezmin Lewis. Sometimes you need more than height to play WR.

Hyperbole is a tool of those whose argument is weak.

I love that TT threw that ball high. Justin high jumped 7'4 in high school.

If jumping was all was that was necessary Nickell would be a good WR - he got above everyone on that jump ball to end the game.

Again, he hasn't done this for a team since early 2015. I think Goodwin has shown more of an ability lately to stretch the field

Yes when Bills realized (or Goodwin finally perfected it) they could use him to go past the marker and then turn around and then catch ball he became more dangerous.

Again Joe, you realize he was just signed November 1st and then played November 7th, right? He missed today because of migraines, which, while it sucks that he didn't play (I won't say he should have sucked-it-up and gone out there because I don't know what he's going through), he wasn't "injured" per se.

And yes with Woods out, he's the best/most accomplished WR not named Sammy. Hunter is a fine red zone target, but that's about it.

For Percy if I was the Bills I'd tell him that he is welcome to practice with team but any week he is not 'healthy' (non-injured non-healthy) he is going to be cut and resigned after game. This is the same sort of issue he had last year when he was a healthy scratch making a large pile of scratch.

Edited by Koolaid

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^haha nice argument. Wow you have to more than tall to play WR? No kidding. Did you know that it takes more than being tall to play basketball? I guess teams shouldn't sign anymore 7 foot centers then because all of the athletes are shorter. Could you imagine if Whaley or someone with no brains like you was running a NBA team and all of the players were 5'9 just because hey we tried to get a 7 footer but the shorter guys are just better!

For Percy if I was the Bills I'd tell him that he is welcome to practice with team but any week he is not 'healthy' (non-injured non-healthy) he is going to be cut and resigned after game. This is the same sort of issue he had last year when he was a healthy scratch making a large pile of scratch.

He's only making about $100K/game.

Listening to the John Murphy Show, Donald Jones said Hunter drops far too many passes in practice and it's a big factor why he doesn't get more game snaps.

That's what I've heard as well. And then he makes that catch during the game.

The Bills really need every WR with some experience that they can get their hands on at the moment.

I think Percy really wants to play, but unfortunately his body isn't going to cooperate. Migraines are brutal and can be really difficult to treat. If he's getting migraines after almost a year off, it's time to call it a career.

Justin Hunter did make a great grab. He's a receiver in the NFL so it's expected, but THIS is what we've needed. A big WR at his height, 6ft 4. His wingspan is normal for his height, but he made a good play and a few others this season.

I like the thought of Sammy #1, Hunter #2 and Woods #3 (when healthy). For now the #3 should goodwin in the slot. #4 idk. But those 3 would be stellar.

Justin Hunter did make a great grab. He's a receiver in the NFL so it's expected, but THIS is what we've needed. A big WR at his height, 6ft 4. His wingspan is normal for his height, but he made a good play and a few others this season.

I like the thought of Sammy #1, Hunter #2 and Woods #3 (when healthy). For now the #3 should goodwin in the slot. #4 idk. But those 3 would be stellar.

What has hunter ever done to move Woods to 3? That's just crazy. Hunter hasn't done enough to make me think he's a legit #3, much less a #2. He made a great play but let's not kid ourselves.

What has hunter ever done to move Woods to 3? That's just crazy. Hunter hasn't done enough to make me think he's a legit #3, much less a #2. He made a great play but let's not kid ourselves.

You're probably right. But IMO, he has earned more chances with the first team O. I'd love to see what he's got with more snaps and more targets

The Bills really need every WR with some experience that they can get their hands on at the moment.

I think Percy really wants to play, but unfortunately his body isn't going to cooperate. Migraines are brutal and can be really difficult to treat. If he's getting migraines after almost a year off, it's time to call it a career.

I used to think headaches were a sad excuse to miss a game.

Then again, I used to think the same about turf toe. I remember when Jack Lambert missed nearly an entire season due to pain in his toe. How can a little toe sideline a big, tough man? It was incomprehensible to me.

Then I developed a glomus tumor in a toe. If I stub that toe the wrong way, the world goes black and I fall to the ground in agony.

I've decided not to question the pain tolerance of others any more. We just can't know how much pain they may be feeling.

I used to think headaches were a sad excuse to miss a game.

Then again, I used to think the same about turf toe. I remember when Jack Lambert missed nearly an entire season due to pain in his toe. How can a little toe sideline a big, tough man? It was incomprehensible to me.

Then I developed a glomus tumor in a toe. If I stub that toe the wrong way, the world goes black and I fall to the ground in agony.

I've decided not to question the pain tolerance of others any more. We just can't know how much pain they may be feeling.

Yup.

I will never kill a guy dealing with Mirgaines. Mine really suck to the point I can't move and have to sit in the dark sometimes.

But I do blame a FO that decided this player was even an option reference Harvin

Edited by MAJBobby

I will never kill a guy dealing with Mirgaines. Mine really suck to the point I can't move and have to sit in the dark sometimes.

But I do blame a FO that decided this player was even an option reference Harvin

Yep. They didn't just start up because he was playing again. Me thinks someone was a bit dishonest in his assessment of his own health.

It sucks for him that he's dealing with them, they're !@#$ing awful. Awful for the team too, it's already getting to "waste of a roster" bad.