Bills Awarded WR Justin Hunter from Waivers

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To pretend like he's any type of threat at this point is ignoring reality.

On his own? No. But again, teams can't merely ignore him and his speed and he's better than any of the other healthy Bills WR's besides Sammy.

On his own? No. But again, teams can't merely ignore him and his speed and he's better than any of the other healthy Bills WR's besides Sammy.

How is he better? He doesn't have a clue on the field and he was injured.

If that's better than any other receiver on the Bills they're in trouble.

You're remembering his past and betting on hope for the future. Meanwhile, currently in reality, he's been among the most worthless players on the team since he was brought back.

If I'm choosing between him and Hunter, it's Hunter all the way. At least Hunter has performed on the field this season.

Edited by Joe Miner

You're remembering his past and betting on hope for the future. Meanwhile, currently in reality, he's been among the most worthless players on the team since he was brought back.

If I'm choosing between him and Hunter, it's Hunter all the way. At least Hunter has performed on the field this season.

Again Joe, you realize he was just signed November 1st and then played November 7th, right? He missed today because of migraines, which, while it sucks that he didn't play (I won't say he should have sucked-it-up and gone out there because I don't know what he's going through), he wasn't "injured" per se.

And yes with Woods out, he's the best/most accomplished WR not named Sammy. Hunter is a fine red zone target, but that's about it.

Again Joe, you realize he was just signed November 1st and then played November 7th, right? He missed today because of migraines, which, while it sucks that he didn't play (I won't say he should have sucked-it-up and gone out there because I don't know what he's going through), he wasn't "injured" per se.

And yes with Woods out, he's the best/most accomplished WR not named Sammy. Hunter is a fine red zone target, but that's about it.

How can we adequately say he is simply only a RZ threat? He hasn't been given the opportunity or the targets to prove himself

How can we adequately say he is simply only a RZ threat? He hasn't been given the opportunity or the targets to prove himself

He's played in 7 games for the Bills, starting 4, and has just 7 catches for 87 yards. You could argue targets since TT isn't much of a passer, but that applies to every receiver on the team.

That being said, I could see them playing Sammy and Hunter on the outsides and Harvin in the slot.

He's played in 7 games for the Bills, starting 4, and has just 7 catches for 87 yards. You could argue targets since TT isn't much of a passer, but that applies to every receiver on the team.

That being said, I could see them playing Sammy and Hunter on the outsides and Harvin in the slot.

I'm not arguing that he is the next Eric Moulds. I believe he has deserved more of an opportunity to run with the 1s. I'm sure there is a reason he hasn't been but I'd like to see more of him

I would like to know how many plays he is actually on the field for. I think he deserves more looks, especially with the injuries to the WRs.

I'm not arguing that he is the next Eric Moulds. I believe he has deserved more of an opportunity to run with the 1s. I'm sure there is a reason he hasn't been but I'd like to see more of him

I would like to know how many plays he is actually on the field for. I think he deserves more looks, especially with the injuries to the WRs.

I'm going off of his NFL.com profile. He's started 4 games for the Bills and in those has 5 catches for 67 yards and 3 TD's.

Saying it doesn't make it true.

The last time he caught more than 50 passes was 2012.

The last time he caught more TD's than Hunter currently has was 2011.

He hasn't been good since 2011. He's not good currently. He might flash a good play here or there, but to think he's still good is foolish. It has nothing to do with being on the team 2 weeks, it had everything to do with not being good for the last 4 years.

Plus, Hunter's first two games as a Bill, 2 TDs. Seems he did OK for being a recent addition to the Bills and didn't need a new guy excuse.

Saying it doesn't make it true.

The last time he caught more than 50 passes was 2012.

The last time he caught more TD's than Hunter currently has was 2011.

He hasn't been good since 2011. He's not good currently. He might flash a good play here or there, but to think he's still good is foolish. It has nothing to do with being on the team 2 weeks, it had everything to do with not being good for the last 4 years.

Plus, Hunter's first two games as a Bill, 2 TDs. Seems he did OK for being a recent addition to the Bills and didn't need a new guy excuse.

Again, he's a red zone threat. But 4 starts and 5 catches for 67 yards isn't exactly screaming "burgeoning talent." Maybe the Bills will get lucky. But look at his and Harvin's seasons last year. In 5 games he almost duplicated Hunter's 9 game season.

But as I said, with Woods out, I'd have no problem with Hunter on the outside and Harvin in the slot. As troubling as Harvin being the 2nd most talented healthy WR the Bills have, Hunter is arguably the 3rd.

Oh come on now....

You cant base it on what you saw in one game coming out of retirement

No preseason....no training camp

Oh come on now....

You cant base it on what you saw in one game coming out of retirement

No preseason....no training camp

You're living on past hope and dreams.

The Percy Harvin of 2016 is not the same as the Percy Harvin of 2011.

I'm basing it off of 4 previous seasons, and the past 2 games.

He's not been a good receiver for several seasons now including his first game in 2016 as well as this last one he called in sick for.

You have Watkins, Goodwin, Hunter, and certainly Woods when healthy that should all be above Harvin based on this year's performances.

You don't have the version of Harvin that's good. That version doesn't exist anymore. You have the version that's been on the couch for months, that doesn't know what he's doing on the field, and can't stay healthy enough to play. You have the version that's had declining to non-existent production for the past 4 years. And it's not been declining nearly as much as it's been flatlined.

Hunter has shown more in limited snaps in the red zone than Harvin has shown in years. Get Hunter more snaps, not Harvin.

And guess what, the Bills could have picked up Harvin weeks ago when they grabbed Hunter. Who did they choose?

Edited by Joe Miner