Bills @ Pats - Week 4 Prediction

Virgil

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was dead wrong last week, hope I am again:

Pats 27-10 over the Bills. Our d will play well, but the offense will put them in bad/short field situations. Belicheck can coach a defense, that's for sure.

I've always said it was Belicheck that beat us in the 1st Super Bowl, not Parcells.

Pats underrated but nearly elite defense smother Bills. They beat us in special teams play as well. Pats 27-10.

(just to pat myself on the back, i picked the Ravens, Jets and Cards games correctly in the prediction thread as well). Hope I'm wrong this week.

Edited by zow2

If this game was in Buffalo I'd give them a chance, regardless if Sammy was playing or not. But now with Sammy and Salas out again (and whoever else), I just don't see it happening at Foxboro. Sure, there's always the chance the Pats have an off day (albeit slight chance) and we get some cheap points off bad turnovers and hang on, but I'd give the Bills about a 10% chance to come out with a win. No reason to believe we won't be outcoached and out schemed. I also think the Pats have one of the best defenses in the league this year and will mix it up enough on offense to keep us off balance and put up AT LEAST 24 points.

Pats 27

Bills 10

REALLY hope I'm wrong, but hope is not a recipe for victory. Unfortunately I'm not sure we can dig ourselves out of 1-3 (and especially 0-3 in AFC) which has us looking at another disappointing year.

If this game was in Buffalo I'd give them a chance, regardless if Sammy was playing or not. But now with Sammy and Salas out again (and whoever else), I just don't see it happening at Foxboro. Sure, there's always the chance the Pats have an off day (albeit slight chance) and we get some cheap points off bad turnovers and hang on, but I'd give the Bills about a 10% chance to come out with a win. No reason to believe we won't be outcoached and out schemed. I also think the Pats have one of the best defenses in the league this year and will mix it up enough on offense to keep us off balance and put up AT LEAST 24 points.

Pats 27

Bills 10

REALLY hope I'm wrong, but hope is not a recipe for victory. Unfortunately I'm not sure we can dig ourselves out of 1-3 (and especially 0-3 in AFC) which has us looking at another disappointing year.

NE will be able to make Tyrod play QB, and he has trouble doing that.

We are likely to score few points. The game will therefore rest on the shoulders of the D.

If we win, it will be because we score a few more points than NE in a very low scoring affair.

Bills 33

Pats 18

----------------

Okay, to show I can be a real cynical Bills fan, my intuition points to something more like this:

• Bills go up by 14 on defensive TD at the start of the 2nd quarter
  • Bills up by 7 at the half
  • game still tied with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter
  • Bills lose by 17 after a TOP of only 3.5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

Have a great day everyone, and enjoy the game this weekend! :D

Where are the points going to come from? Watkins is out, Clay is out or practically out, Tyrod has been struggling passing... so forget the passing game. Do you think NE will be sitting on McCoy?

Bills are going to need some luck tomorrow.