Brilliant Play by GB Special Teams Player puts Ball on 40

ChevyVanMiller

That is a curious turn of events. I doubt most ST coaches are even aware of how that works!

They are, I'd bet. The problem is two fold. If the returner misses, it is a live ball. secondly, if he goes out and touches it first while in field of play, it is illegal touching

They are, I'd bet. The problem is two fold. If the returner misses, it is a live ball. secondly, if he goes out and touches it first while in field of play, it is illegal touching

Apparently not.

During the kickoff on Sunday, the Detroit Lions kicked the ball near the 3-yard line, but instead of picking up the ball or letting it roll into the end zone, Montgomery purposely stepped out of bounds before diving on top of the ball while his feet remained out of bounds.

Apparently not.

During the kickoff on Sunday, the Detroit Lions kicked the ball near the 3-yard line, but instead of picking up the ball or letting it roll into the end zone, Montgomery purposely stepped out of bounds before diving on top of the ball while his feet remained out of bounds.

I think he meant if he went out first and then came back in bounds if he couldn't reach it from out of bounds

I think he meant if he went out first and then came back in bounds if he couldn't reach it from out of bounds

Definitely.

While on the subject of kickoff rules, does anyone know if the NFL will change the 25 yard touchback rule during the season. It seems like more returns are happening. That's a bad thing in today's NFL, right?

Definitely.

While on the subject of kickoff rules, does anyone know if the NFL will change the 25 yard touchback rule during the season. It seems like more returns are happening. That's a bad thing in today's NFL, right?

I doubt it...its only on kickoffs tho right? INT touchbacks or punt touchbacks still are at the 20 correct?