26CornerBlitz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@GangGreenNation

Report: Jets Likely to Make QB Change Soon if Fitzpatrick Doesn’t Improve

https://t.co/Rs2ON9FQhb

In other news, Water is still wet. They have to bench him if he doesn't improve. What is anyone in the Jet's org gonna say? "Yes, he's our QB, Ride or Die?"

On the other hand, the pattern of Fitz career suggest that he's poised to have a nice 2-3 game streak again.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Against the Seahawks, one of Fitz's INT's was his fault (Marshall fell on one, the other was tipped). Were all 6 of Fitz's other INT's his fault? Asking seriously, haven't seen them, and I get it, nobody cares. Just wondering if the stats are really as bad as Fitz is playing.

So..yes nd no is the answer. Fitz throws a lot of 50/50 balls, and into a ton of tight windows, figuring his guys will make the play more often than not. Last year they did, and the DB's dropped a lot of would be picks, and it worked.

This year, outside of the Bills game, his guys are not winning the majority of those 50/50 balls....so is it his fault he is playing like he always has?

• 2 weeks later...

They should start Petty or Hackenberg to see what they've got. Couldn't be worse. The season is over at 1-5.

Gruden was saying on the broadcast something about how they (Petty or Hackenberg) can't even get on the practice field because of the CBA? I wasn't really paying attention, I was more interested in studying for a Cisco exam

I love Fitzy, so I'm a little sad to see things go this way for him, even though I expected it.

He would be the perfect QB: By all accounts a good guy. A true professional who will never call out his teammates. Blames himself for his poor play. Generous with his teammates and very smart. A family man.

But he just doesn't have the field presence, accuracy and sixth sense that a franchise QB needs.

I watched a good chunk of the game last night and some of those INTs were brutal. When the pressure is on he definitely tends to press things too much. He just can't carry a team on his back when it counts.

I hope he gets out of the game without any major injuries and goes on to have a great life with his family.

Its no surprise what we're seeing out of Fitzpatrick. He's got heart and desire but along with that less than optimal physical skills for the QB position.

But other than having a degree from Harvard I'm not getting the he's football smart thinking. He has extensive periods of recklessness with the football, sometimes at the most critical point in the game, and continues to make the same mistakes. What's so smart about that? Somebody with superior intelligence would analyze their performance, recognize their errors, and take the necessary actions to correct or reduce the problem. Not commit the same mistakes repeatedly.