R. I. P. Arnold Palmer

26CornerBlitz

He has to have been one of the all time legends in sports.

The combination of his success, his personality, his ambassadorship for golf and the businesses he built around it really put him in a league completely his own.

RIP.

Edited by 4merper4mer

My Mr Palmer story. My father-in-law respected Mr Palmer greatly as they both were about the same age. So, for my FIL's 80th birthday I thought I would try to get Mr Palmer to sign a birthday card for him. I picked out a nice card and wrote a note about my FIL, the reason for the blank card and a very polite/humble request that he sign it for my FIL. I sent the card and return postage up to Latrobe PA knowing that Mr Palmer spent much of the summer up there to get out of the central FL heat.

About a week later in the mail the return postage arrives. I'm nervous thinking some staff member just stuck it in the return postage. I open it up and the card is signed with a short, but nice note to my FIL congratulating him on his big day. I was so overwhelmed that Mr Palmer did more than asked. I gave that card to my FIL for his birthday present from me. He was quite taken by it.

I got the card and an old picture of Mr Palmer that my FIL took at a charity event framed. It hangs in his house and I would look at it every time I visited. I'm sure he's looked at it a few times the past couple of days.

Cheers to you Mr Palmer and Godspeed.

Edited by BuffaloBud

My Mr Palmer story. My father-in-law respected Mr Palmer greatly as they both were about the same age. So, for my FIL's 80th birthday I thought I would try to get Mr Palmer to sign a birthday card for him. I picked out a nice card and wrote a note about my FIL, the reason for the blank card and a very polite/humble request that he sign it for my FIL. I sent the card and return postage up to Latrobe PA knowing that Mr Palmer spent much of the summer up there to get out of the central FL heat.

About a week later in the mail the return postage arrives. I'm nervous thinking some staff member just stuck it in the return postage. I open it up and the card is signed with a short, but nice note to my FIL congratulating him on his big day. I was so overwhelmed that Mr Palmer did more than asked. I gave that card to my FIL for his birthday present from me. He was quite taken by it.

I got the card and an old picture of Mr Palmer that my FIL took at a charity event framed. It hangs in his house and I would look at it every time I visited. I'm sure he's looked at it a few times the past couple of days.

Cheers to you Mr Palmer and Godspeed.

Great story... R.I.P. Arnold

:( Sad day. 1/2 iced tea and 1/2 lemonade lives on in every Cbus restaurant as the Arnold palmer.

One third iced tea, one third lemonade and one third vodka is the recipe I use but each to its own.

I hope Arnold Palmer enjoys the course in hell for there are no golf courses in heaven and I'd hate for him to be away from his playground.

One third iced tea, one third lemonade and one third vodka is the recipe I use but each to its own.

I hope Arnold Palmer enjoys the course in hell for there are no golf courses in heaven and I'd hate for him to be away from his playground.

No golf in heaven? Lol

Apparently a "true" Arnold Palmer is 75% iced tea and 25% lemonade -- from the mouth of The King himself.

The mixture you describe above is commonly referred to as a John Daly.

Man, they're really dragging this out, aren't they??

He didn't want to steal the spotlight from the Tour Championship and Ryder Cup the following week. Not really dragging anything out at all, just being respectful to the sport he spent his life playing.