Gilmore is letting his contract affect his play

26TrapDraw

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he IS pissed about his contract situation and in the first two games he has shown hints of self preservation mode. Not a good thing moving forward unless he decides he gives a crap about his teammates and can live with the fourth highest base salary at his position in 2016 while showing the league exactly why he deserves Norman bucks. Right now, he ain't worth a lot of Ricky bucks.

Edited by K-9

Did he play well in game 1?

He did OK overall. I think he gave up that one long sideline completion early on and a few others (not sure about exact stats), but his tackling sucked as always and he shied away on other occasions.

He is in my dog house. Few players have escaped it over the years. I wish I had more faith that he will.

I think he IS pissed about his contract situation and in the first two games he has shown hints of self preservation mode. Not a good thing moving forward unless he decides he gives a crap about his teammates and can live with the fourth highest base salary at his position in 2016 while showing the league exactly why he deserves Norman bucks. Right now, he ain't worth a lot of Ricky bucks.

I agree with you.

Gilmore is a solid press man cover corner. He's completely shut out a number of very good wrs. One bad game doesn't change that.

That said, I trust the bills are not overpay him. He's not worth josh Norman money, but I am not convinced josh Norman is worth josh Norman money. Darby seems like he's going to be much better.

Gilmore is a solid press man cover corner. He's completely shut out a number of very good wrs. One bad game doesn't change that.

That said, I trust the bills are not overpay him. He's not worth josh Norman money, but I am not convinced josh Norman is worth josh Norman money. Darby seems like he's going to be much better.

Waiting for the high level he's shown before against WRs such as OBJ and Demaryius Thomas.

The attempted tackle on a key third down against the Jets told me he doesn't deserve top 10 money at his position. Diving at the guy's feet and allowing the first down to be made was a joke of an attempt. And if he's playing poorly because he's upset about not getting extended, then that would be another reason NOT to extend him. The problem then being their stuck drafting corner very high once again.

I would be pissed if I was Gilmore too. I have performed every year at a high level, but no extension. The guy that was the best of bad QBs gets extended

Just circumstance. QB is far more important to team success than CB. TT and SG both in final year of contracts. The franchise tag $ is much larger for a QB and Gilmores cap hit is close to what next years tag # is already. They had to hedge bets on the QB. If TT fails, plenty of room to resign SG to a big $ deal.