Is Green Bay Exploding this Morning?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the play call. Still lots of time on the clock, and it was a chance to catch the D off guard. Although I would have run it under center and not the shotgun and had the QB sneak. Maximize the benefit of an "off-guard" D.

At any rate, Rodgers had a bad game by Rodgers standards. And the Minn D is the real-deal.

The rematch should be a great game.

Actually, that coverage surprises me. There appears to be little criticism of McCarthy for the decision to go for it and not kick a FG. I guess that's the benefit-of-the-doubt years of success will earn a guy.

Oh, yeah, and while we're at it, WTF was with Rodgers and fumbles? Has this been a problem for him all along? Did a LB stomp on his hand or something or did the Vikes see habits they could target on film?

Maybe he needs gloves. But that's Exhibit A of why I think it's a problem when a QB fumbles a lot, even if it's recovered. Keep fumbling, and sooner or later your luck in recovery runs out.

I liked the play call. Still lots of time on the clock, and it was a chance to catch the D off guard. Although I would have run it under center and not the shotgun and had the QB sneak. Maximize the benefit of an "off-guard" D.

At any rate, Rodgers had a bad game by Rodgers standards. And the Minn D is the real-deal.

I was surprised by how good Bradford looked, overall. But if they've lost AP for any appreciable time, the Vikes OL better make an all-out effort to keep Bradford cleaner or they won't keep him long under center. Trade, scour the scrap heap, extra film, whatever.

I was surprised by how good Bradford looked, overall. But if they've lost AP for any appreciable time, the Vikes OL better make an all-out effort to keep Bradford cleaner or they won't keep him long under center. Trade, scour the scrap heap, extra film, whatever.

That is what was the real surprise to me. I have never been a Bradford fan but his play yesterday, after having been in the system for just 2 weeks was very very good. I will be interested to see how he does if he remains injury free all season.

If you are going to go for it on 4th and 2 there, let Aaron Rodgers throw the ball.

I tell you what, Rogers did not look good last night. 20/36, 1:1 TD:INT, 3 fumbles, sacked 5 times. Can't tell much from TV - maybe it was coverage. Or maybe it was uncalled tripping and tackling of his WRs, though they called enough. Or maybe his OL needs to give up their Settlers of Cataan sessions in favor of extra work.

Be that as it may, until they sort it out I'm not sure I would have given the ball to Rodgers.

Lacy still looks slow and fat to me or I'd say, give it to Lacy. Give it to 2014 Lacy LOL!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

That is what was the real surprise to me. I have never been a Bradford fan but his play yesterday, after having been in the system for just 2 weeks was very very good. I will be interested to see how he does if he remains injury free all season.

In 2013, he looked like he finally got his sh** together in his fourth season, before going out for 23 games. He looked good with the Eagles last year and played 14 games, I was kind of surprised they moved on from him.

Its the "if he remains injury free" that's the big question.

The Packers picked up just 263 yards of total offense in the game, while Aaron Rodgers was 29/36 for 213 yards, two scores (one rushing) and a killer interception late in the game. He also fumbled three times, losing one.

They're mad about that? That's a banner day for Tyrod Taylor. :lol:

What's even funnier is hearing Redskins fans complain about Cousins 364 yards passing.

If you saw the game you'd complain too. Actually, they're not complaining about the yardage but about the misses to wide open receivers and the late, strange pick. Redskins were almost lucky as Garrett made a really boneheaded decision to go for an early, unnecessary onside kick, which Dallas turned into the winning points. BTW, how did Dak slip to the 4th round? Romo may not get his job back when healthy.

If you saw the game you'd complain too. Actually, they're not complaining about the yardage but about the misses to wide open receivers and the late, strange pick. Redskins were almost lucky as Garrett made a really boneheaded decision to go for an early, unnecessary onside kick, which Dallas turned into the winning points. BTW, how did Dak slip to the 4th round? Romo may not get his job back when healthy.

I did see that game, that loss was on Gruden,and the skins D coordinator far more than Cousins.

As an aside,can you imagine a Bills QB throwing for that many yards. Lol

Must be tough being a Packers fan..

Not tough, but I do almost have a little sympathy for them. They are stuck with a crap coach who hasn't been able to fully utilize all the talent on the roster aside from the Super Bowl season. Sounds a little like what some think is happening here. There is no way this team shouldn't be better. They have failed to reach their potential the last several years. Aaron Rodgers is their QB for crying out loud They have far more talent then us, although I know plenty of posters who would disagree. They should have gone a lot father than they have in recent seasons. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

How often does this really happen?