Theory: Tyrod Taylor Got (Pegulas)to get rid of Roman

Taylor laid still for a quick count after the hit, it didn't look good on tv and I think that is what caught the refs attention.

I said "He's out." when I saw him go limp. It definitely looked like Taylor lost consciousness. Not saying he did, just that it sure looked like he did.

i think the late play calls had a lot to do with it. And all the late drives in games last year where the offense had no clue and no sense of urgency and had to keep burning time outs. That's on the OC.

Reading a lot of old 49ers articles and it seems to be the theme for Roman. They led the league in delay of game penalties for a couple years when he was there. A lot of people seem to think it really handicapped the offense because he didn't give the QB enough time to read the defense. One 49ers writer watched a couple Bills games from last year and said it looked like the same things he saw in SF.

They also said he doesn't do well adapting and changing as the game progresses. Said his plays are great and creative but just doesn't manage in-game stuff well.

i think the late play calls had a lot to do with it. And all the late drives in games last year where the offense had no clue and no sense of urgency and had to keep burning time outs. That's on the OC.

Agree!!!!

The lack of an ability to get play calls in, or a QB to give the OC the proverbial middle finger and just call what he wants/sees when there is an urgency.

The lack of a sense of urgency when the situation calls for it has been the most frustrating thing to watch the past two seasons.

Do we not have any kind of hurry up offense? I guess we'll soon find out.

Yes. I agree.

Tyrod is getting blamed for poor play (and rightfully so) but he wasn't getting any help from his Offensive Coordinator who was upping the pressure and difficulty level on the QB by making him rush through pre-snap preperations.

If you want your QB to have maximum chance at success, you need to help him remain calm and clearheaded as best you can. At times Tyrod was making hand gestures to the sideline that said "come on man, hurry up, give me the play"

Yes. I agree.

Tyrod is getting blamed for poor play (and rightfully so) but he wasn't getting any help from his Offensive Coordinator who was upping the pressure and difficulty level on the QB by making him rush through pre-snap preperations.

If you want your QB to have maximum chance at success, you need to help him remain calm and clearheaded as best you can. At times Tyrod was making hand gestures to the sideline that said "come on man, hurry up, give me the play"

I can see TT being frustrated. He has worked around a decent offensive system in Baltimore. They had Cam Cameron, Jim Caldwell, and Gary Kubiak during TT's tenure. Although Cameron got canned, this list represents highly respected offensive minds, including Super Bowl pedigree in Caldwell and Kubiak. All three guys also had head coaching experience (ie game management experience).

I saw this on a rare day that I watched the 6PM news. It's the only thing that is giving me even a sliver of hope. He actually added that these two players said that "Lynn is the perfect man to do the job."

BTW, if I had not seen that, I would have thought you meant our former wide receiver from LSU.

I saw the tweet on another Bills website and clicked on it, also expecting it to be the former Bills WR's twitter account. What are the odds?

Roman was trying to make Taylor a pocket passer, and while that is a good thing for he to be, not utilizing his mobility was disturbing! Let Taylor be Taylor! If the team is going to slow burn to 4-12 I want to see the offense be aggressive. A conservative play when appropriate sure, but no more 3 runs into the line. Let see if Taylor can lead an offense and give him the chance to succeed of fail.

Thanks. Folks, that there twitter stream is an interesting read. It encapsulates pretty much every theory and reaction concisely in one spot.

4th and 1. EJ in. Can't get a play in so had to call a timeout. Rex was steaming

It didn't make sense not to have a play in there with EJ and if he can't get them to jump, run the play.

EJ is the closest thing we've got to a power back. Not sure how much Roman is responsible for the personnel at his disposal.

?

Mike Gillislee 5'11" 219

Jonathan Williams 6'0" 223 (Karlos Williams is about an inch taller and listed as 225 which we all know is nonsense)

I thought Gillislee did a pretty good job last year when Karlos was out.