Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

OK, I'm guessing....

I would hope that it's not a bad assumption... Like I said earlier... His predecessor didn't utilize players as many thought he should have and he was shown the door... Hint hint....

On a somewhat related topic, how many OC's an we go through in one year.... The line is set at 3!

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Lynn taking over at quarterback???

There was actually a moment in the presser where Rex said we are putting the ball in Anthony Lynn's hands.... I presumed running back but you could be right.

When you go through the two games the amount of players running free he is not seeing is staggering. I am not sure how you fire your coordinator for that. Eventually your Quarterback has to make a damn play.

I'm sure Rex was disappointed with both sides of the ball so far this season.

He couldn't fire himself - and wouldn't because he's confident/arrogant enough to believe he can fix the defensive problems himself.

He couldn't fire Thurman because Thurman's a DC in name only.

He could fire Roman. Especially when - I'm guessing - he's reached a point where he's more confident in A-Lynn than G-Ro.

Edited by hondo in seattle

There was actually a moment in the presser where Rex said we are putting the ball in Anthony Lynn's hands.... I presumed running back but you could be right.

When you go through the two games the amount of players running free he is not seeing is staggering. I am not sure how you fire your coordinator for that. Eventually your Quarterback has to make a damn play.

Could it be because of how Roman was handling Tyrod ? What he was asking him to do?

Because the problem is multiple, the Ravens challenged Taylor to pass by playing the run and that won't stop.

Better start working on screens and roll outs

This isn't new either; he was missing reads all last season as well--difference is that he was hitting enough boundary throws to compensate.

Have I missed something? If I have, I apologize... Is the assumption that Lynn will put the ball in playmakers hands bc the last guy that didn't got fired? Did Lynn come out and say what he's going to do?

Thanks for the snarky reply. Yes you obviously missed something the ability think logically. Let me help me you. If management fires your predecessor for not getting the bal to your teams highly paid playmakers. Logic would dictate tha you would get the ball into the hands of your teams highly paid playmakers. That is assuming you want to continue receiving a paycheck. Is there a need for Lynn to actually come out and publically state this?

Edited by jms62

When the Bills shocked the NFL world and fired offensive coordinator Greg Roman on Friday morning, the organization did so after a fact-finding mission the morning following its 37-31 loss to the Jets. But the manner in which they did so is enough to raise some eyebrows.

According to multiple sources, Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula convened private meetings Friday morning with several offensive standouts to discuss the offense. They aimed to get a tenor of what was going on and picked the brains of players on several issues, including play-calling. They tried to figure out what was wrong.

Wow!

Thanks for the snarky reply. Yes you obviously missed something the ability think logically. Let me help me you. If management fires your predecessor for not getting the bal to your teams highly paid playmakers. Logic would dictate tha you would get the ball into the hands of your teams highly paid playmakers. That is assuming you want to continue receiving a paycheck. Is there a need for Lynn to actually come out and publically state this?

Nothing about my reply was snarky... If you would please re-read it- I apologized if I had. I was actually hoping that it was stated from someone at OBD that getting the ball to those guys was #1 priority... If my boss got fired for not using the most skilled people, I too, would make a concerted effort to use those people, and if I were to fail, I failed with what my employers gave me to work with.

Btw- I'm not part of the growing group on here that talks smack behind a keyboard... I prefer to have civil conversations and debate.... Hopefully if you decide to re-read my post, you will see how maybe you misinterpreted what I was asking...

@RapSheet

Bills owners Kim & Terry Pegula had private meetings with key offensive players Fri. before firing Greg Roman. Rex Ryan was not in the room

#Bills coach Rex Ryan was not happy, I’m told, when he learned of owner-player meetings. He said publicly it was his decision to fire Roman.

This isn't new either; he was missing reads all last season as well--difference is that he was hitting enough boundary throws to compensate.

Yep. Last season I thought it must be have been a scheme thing that the boundary was generally his first read. I am beginning to doubt a lot of the conclusions I had made about Tyrod last year.

@RapSheet

Bills owners Kim & Terry Pegula had private meetings with key offensive players Fri. before firing Greg Roman. Rex Ryan was not in the room

#Bills coach Rex Ryan was not happy, Im told, when he learned of owner-player meetings. He said publicly it was his decision to fire Roman.

think Rex is giving press some of this info.

And is upset because it shows him a liar.

This is so true Dave. Additionally it frosts my balls when people say he accumulated garbage time stats. They must be basic math challenged because a TD and extra point and the Bills win the game. they scored late and had enough time to try the onside kick. LOng odds I know but there was NO garbage time in the Jets game.

Absolutely - that was NOT garbage time. Onside kicks work roughly 20 percent of the time in the NFL. Good post and astute observation.

Edited by dave mcbride