Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

I thought his reputation was that he was a power hungry ego-maniac. At least that's what Browns fans say. But they hate every coach once he actually starts coaching.

I have to say the press conferences I've seen with him have been cringe-worthy.

He can redeem himself if his QB pick from USC that was all him looks good. 3rd round seemed like a reach.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no idea if Hue Jackson is going to be a good HC. I don't know why people assume he will be. So far all he has done is say stupid things and lose. Too soon to tell obviously but why are some so certain he's a great choice?

He was an interim HC for the raiders and they ended up 8-8 and was fired. Not saying this proves he's bad but it certainly doesn't prove he's good.

Because he was Whaley's first choice.

Good or better than Rex? I think that's an important distinction.

I'm not trying to be obtuse (really) but I just don't know what is there to assume that he will be. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Not a lot of evidence either way. But that's just me. He wasn't anyone else's first choice or he would not have taken the Browns job IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not trying to be obtuse (really) but I just don't know what is there to assume that he will be. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Not a lot of evidence either way. But that's just me. He wasn't anyone else's first choice or he would not have taken the Browns job IMO.

I guess I would take Whaley's opinion over who was the best coach for the Bills over anyone else at OBD. That being said, he could've been wrong. It's certainly happened before.

Edited by jmc12290

Wood dismisses reports of crisis at 1 Bills Dr.
He spent the weekend sitting on his couch watching football on TV and various media reports about Friday’s events at One Bills Drive on his phone. Suffice to say that Eric Wood could only shake his head with the reports of what the atmosphere is like at the team’s facility in the wake of the Greg Roman firing.

Watkins on meeting with Pegulas
Bills WR Sammy Watkins was asked if he was one of the players who met with the Pegulas in advance of the dismissal of now former offensive coordinator Greg Roman. Watkins confirmed he was, but gave indication that it’s relatively common with Buffalo’s ownership.

Because he was Whaley's first choice.

This seems to be the hot assumption on this forum, but there are no facts to actually back this up. I will believe this one when there is some independent confirmation of it, not based on unsubstantiated rumors on a message board, but that's just me.

This seems to be the hot assumption on this forum, but there are no facts to actually back this up. I will believe this one when there is some independent confirmation of it, not based on unsubstantiated rumors on a message board, but that's just me.

What's your definition of a fact? If a source inside the building tells Ian Rappoport, or tells a poster on TBD, what's the difference?

By your criteria, we can never believe in any of the vast majority of reports, both Bills and NFL related.

Rex Ryan live on WGR 550 right now.

The changes (regarding OC position) may not be Xs and Os but there will be changes and I think the team will be better.

"We're ready to roll with the acceptance of Lynn."

Rex bumbling around and not really saying much.

The offense is exciting about Anthony coming in; everyone respects him; they will do whatever they can to see him be successful.

Rex won't comment on whether or not Roman did everything asked of him with the organization.

Rex totally dodging anything about Roman other than to say he's a very good football coach.

Rex asked about distancing himself from term "Ground and pound"...

IS there a change of philosophy?

REX: "When I first took the job in NY, I came up with the term ground and pound. If you saw our QB situation, you'd have understood why I came up with ground and pound. We weren't very effective at throwing the football."

"When I came to Buffalo, I want to be able to run the football...but it's not ground and pound. You throw to score but you run to win. You gotta be able to run the football."

"When we were successful last year, we won that category" (rushing)

"We ought to be able to throw the football on people. We have the QB to do it and the receivers."

IF you're running the ball you're controlling the clock.

Last year we were #1 in the league in 3 and outs. That hurts your football team. Those are things we gotta work on. We gotta throe more completions.

In 2nd half we want to be able to run the ball and put people away, that's for sure.

It's easy to buy the Pegulas are meddlesome narrative because that's so easy to believe.

And yet, even when Terry comes out and openly says Rex has oversight over team and staff, it barely moves the meter. And I mean barely.

I don't know if I'm more disappointed in the "media" for being lazy, or disappointed in some Bills fans for accepting lazy journalism.

Not one "national" reporter reached out to the Pegulas for a comment on "the Pegulas fired Roman" story.

Not one.

And even Rappaport's story was incredulous given his leap of logic, as in: "Sources tell me Pegulas met with players behind closed doors, without Rex so I must assume he wasn't involved on the decision."

That's just plane irresponsible journalism.

And yet, it is adopted as being written-in-stone-cold-hard-fact.

Shameful.

jw

Tire fire baby.

Mike Francesa(aka fransaysso) just ripped the Bills apart for about 5 minutes.(Owners, Rex, everything)

It was pretty good.

Super bowl winning, 5x prowbowl, football encyclopedia Mike Francesca?

OR

just bubblegum pop radio sports talk Mike Francesca?

I want to know if i should take it serious.

Tire fire baby.

Mike Francesa(aka fransaysso) just ripped the Bills apart for about 5 minutes.(Owners, Rex, everything)

It was pretty good.

I started a thread earlier with a link to Alex Marvez's segment with John Murphy from earlier today.

He was heavily critical of the firing of Roman, the timing, and indicated it was more Buffalo Bills dysfunction...

Always interesting to hear objective, national, outside observations of the Bills, whatever you might think of the opinions themselves.