The best description of tt:

Laugh at me all you want, but it's time NOW to put Cardale Jones in and see if HE can play. It's painfully obvious that this is a 5 win team at best, so just say F&*K it now, and see if the kid has anything.

I cannot explain how dissapointed I am in Tyrods play. I thought we had an answer finally, but, like many others realize I'm painfully mistaken.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Laugh at me all you want, but it's time NOW to put Cardale Jones in and see if HE can play. It's painfully obvious that this is a 5 win team at best, so just say F&*K it now, and see if the kid has anything.

I cannot explain how dissapointed I am in Tyrods play. I thought we had an answer finally, but, like many others realize I'm painfully mistaken.

I don't disagree. Tyrod is a madden player with crap numbers for short to medium accuracy

Jones will make some bad throws and will look confused at times, but he won't panic at the first hint of a pas rush and he has nice touch on the short-medium routes. Gotta see if he can play before deciding to use our third overall pick on a QB. If we find out that Cardale can play in the NFL, the season will not have been a total loss.

Can I get a C. c

Can I get a R. R

Can I get a U. U

SADE!!

Dude the only crusade is you following me around saying I'm on a crusade. It's as if everyone else on the board loves Rex's D. Honestly it's getting a little creepy and I'm concerned that your ability to self regulate may be chemically compromised.

very disappointed in the lack of grit TT is showing on a clean pocket, bailing out of it at the first sign of breakdown. And worst of all he's being innacurate on short passes, at least 3 passes to the sidelines that he badly missed that would have kept the offense on the field.

That int when we were driving to maybe take the game from the Jets was really awful.

Jones will make some bad throws and will look confused at times, but he won't panic at the first hint of a pas rush and he has nice touch on the short-medium routes. Gotta see if he can play before deciding to use our third overall pick on a QB. If we find out that Cardale can play in the NFL, the season will not have been a total loss.

Start playing him now and he'll have to adjust on the fly for skills sets he doesn't have yet. He'll develop bad habits and that'll be all she wrote.

Start playing him now and he'll have to adjust on the fly for skills sets he doesn't have yet. He'll develop bad habits and that'll be all she wrote.

I don't think there's much evidence for this. Plenty of young QBs get thrown into difficult situations and come out the better for it. Cardale doesn't strike me as a guy with a fragile psyche--or a fragile body.

We're 2 games into the season with our young qb. He's struggling sure, but it's 2 games. He has legit started 16 games. He may have a long career he may not, but Jeeze... Hasn't he earned at least 2 years?? Most qbs are pretty terrible when they first start playing.

No misdirection, no reverses, a wounded receiver who can't run, a te running out of bounds. A defense who legit had 1 real stop, and couldn't get off the field. Plenty of blame to go around...

Give the guy this year, we don't really have other options.

We're 2 games into the season with our young qb. He's struggling sure, but it's 2 games. He has legit started 16 games. He may have a long career he may not, but Jeeze... Hasn't he earned at least 2 years?? Most qbs are pretty terrible when they first start playing.

No misdirection, no reverses, a wounded receiver who can't run, a te running out of bounds. A defense who legit had 1 real stop, and couldn't get off the field. Plenty of blame to go around...

Give the guy this year, we don't really have other options.

I understand this argument, and Tyrod has had a few good games, but it's his sixth year in the league. He panics in the pocket and can't make the bread and butter throws. I'm not sure those things are correctable; in fact, they are the same things that got EJ where he is today.

Okay. I'm an OSU alum. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to see Cardale, a third string QB, do what he did for OSU. He's got talent and potential, but there's zero chance he's ready to start for any NFL team - much less one that's looking for him to be their savior.

Okay. I'm an OSU alum. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to see Cardale, a third string QB, do what he did for OSU. He's got talent and potential, but there's zero chance he's ready to start for any NFL team - much less one that's looking for him to be their savior.

The thing is, it has nothing to do with physical talent in regards to TT, which is the reason you would put in Cardale, who's a physical freak. It's mental for TT. He can't read the field. There is no way of knowing if Cardale can and at this point, I would be highly suspect if he could.

You're probably right, Barley, but if given the season, he may be ready by the end of it. I really thought Tyrod was gonna produce, but I'm seeing nothing from him. But, in his defense, this offense is a freaking joke! WTF is Roman calling half the time? When it's 4th and short, and you use McCoy as a power back, you are an F-ing moron, and I would tell him that to his face! McCoy has never been, and never will be, a power back. He would have been better off throwing for it, but it probably woulda been picked off anyways.

I understand this argument, and Tyrod has had a few good games, but it's his sixth year in the league. He panics in the pocket and can't make the bread and butter throws. I'm not sure those things are correctable; in fact, they are the same things that got EJ where he is today.

Nailed it. Watching Ej complete the simple 8 yard pass on his throw made it sting a little more.

You're probably right, Barley, but if given the season, he may be ready by the end of it. I really thought Tyrod was gonna produce, but I'm seeing nothing from him. But, in his defense, this offense is a freaking joke! WTF is Roman calling half the time? When it's 4th and short, and you use McCoy as a power back, you are an F-ing moron, and I would tell him that to his face! McCoy has never been, and never will be, a power back. He would have been better off throwing for it, but it probably woulda been picked off anyways.

Barley is right. Cardale needs to sit and learn, he's nowhere near ready right now and putting him under full game pressure would probably ruin him. They can give EJ some opportunities to show something before we let him go in 2017.

I dont care if you were there or not....I can see just fine from my TV in California.....

- No running game

- No ability to get short yardage (i.e. Where in the HELL is Jonathan WIlliams)

- Defense cant get off the field

- Defense cant stop 3rd down conversions

Tyrod is a part of the problem....but he is not THE problem

I also watched from California and saw the same overall putrescence.

I don't think there's much evidence for this. Plenty of young QBs get thrown into difficult situations and come out the better for it. Cardale doesn't strike me as a guy with a fragile psyche--or a fragile body.

EJ Manuel, Blaine Gabbert, RG3, Luck, Vick, and many others all say hi.

Alex Smith took a decade to fight through it and climb his way to decency. Jury out on Mariota, Winston and others.

Immediate starers who succeeded like Brady are guys that didn't have bad habits but just needed to get quicker at what they did. The only real exception I can think of would be Wilson. He has made it work.

You couldn't see the indecisiveness that cost missed opportunities. I could see the whole field and he missed a lot.

Tyrod did not have a good game but you're actually saying he is the reason the bills lost? You know the Jets had 493 yards of offence right? Find me a team who lets up that many yards and wins the game