Mehta says we're all a bunch of "dopes"

DrDawkinstein

This guy has a great point. I would be upset if they fire Rex at the end of the year. That is the problem. He just implemented his defense this year and brought some players on board who can play his defense. Firing him will just start the wagon circle the team has been doing for the last 16 years. This is a team who can compete this year and be better next year. I doubt they make the playoffs, but next year they have the pieces to build around to make a huge leap. I hope, as every September, they make it to the playoffs this year somehow. Rex has to get the penalities and suspensions down to compete in September. And when is the team going to dump the people running the health and fitness department? This team has been riddled with injuries for the last decade. You can't say it has nothing to do with the conditioning folks.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy has a great point. I would be upset if they fire Rex at the end of the year. That is the problem. He just implemented his defense this year and brought some players on board who can play his defense. Firing him will just start the wagon circle the team has been doing for the last 16 years. This is a team who can compete this year and be better next year. I doubt they make the playoffs, but next year they have the pieces to build around to make a huge leap. I hope, as every September, they make it to the playoffs this year somehow. Rex has to get the penalities and suspensions down to compete in September. And when is the team going to dump the people running the health and fitness department? This team has been riddled with injuries for the last decade. You can't say it has nothing to do with the conditioning folks.

the problem with your post is it could have been cut and pasted from last season.

Yet, Rex keeps making the same mistakes: being a defensive coordinator instead of HC, poor player discipline, poor game prep, poor clock management, poor communications, etc. etc. He is not improving.

it would be a mistake to fire rex IMO unless he goes something like 2-14. but constantly changing coaches and starting the carrousel would be dumb. i don't get why so many fans have lost faith in him. he went 8-8 its not like everyone is accustom to winning so much that that is a failure. give it time. we been waiting 16 years anyway.

The media is saying he is ion the hot seat because of the dopey buffalo news article . A article that the owner and general manager denied . They lost Sunday because of qb or offensive line play not because of Rex

Plus how many coaches are on the hot seat after one 8-8 season .

This is 100% correct.

The "hot seat" narrative is being pushed by certain members of the media (and certain people here for example). Even Ty Dunne (while at TBN) essentially wrote that Vic was wrong.

As an aside, it is odd to read/hear some of the complaints of some of media about things Rex says or does - it is as if they are wistful about St. Doug Marrone and his personality.

The people who make the decisions (and anyone who does not have an ax to grind against Rex) realize that head coaches should not get fired merely for not making the playoffs in the second year as HC (if that were to happen).

Just my two cents.

Why is he still writing about Rex? Let him go, he's gone. He's here now. He should write about the Jets fans who want Bowles (or Ball-less as they call him) fired too. Talk about that - or is TB too boring to grab headlines in NY.

NY reporters just can't quit Rex.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why is he still writing about Rex? Let him go, he's gone. He's here now. He should write about the Jets fans who want Bowles (or Ball-less as they call him) fired too. Talk about that - or is TB too boring to grab headlines in NY.

I've been on the gang green site. It's almost as bad as here. Almost.

They still hate Rex but are now starting to turn on TB too. Douches. He's a good coach. Wish they woulda got Marrone instead.

Edited by r00tabaga

I've been on the gang green site. It's almost as bad as here. Almost.

They still hate Rex but are now starting to turn on TB too. Douches. He's a good coach. Wish they woulda got Marrone instead.

i checked it out too. They hate Bowles. Do you remember Microscopes from this site a few years ago? He had a meltdown and left? He's over there now, same screen name. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Jet's are playing the Bills this week.

Of course this is a story!

Haha, I do. Is Crayonz over there too?

didnt notice him but I think he's actually probably still here under a different name.

The Jet's are playing the Bills this week.

Of course this is a story!

Where are the stories out of Buffalo about all the Jets fans wanting to get rid of Chan? No where? Right because no one cares even though he used to coach here. Edited by YoloinOhio

for the record, it is not just the fans putting him on the hot seat. Several of the shows on ESPN and NFLN talked about his job being in jeopardy already this week.

Well, if you can't expect objective analysis from crazed fans and cable execs trying to sell you dick pills and macrobrews, then I don't think you can expect it from anyone.

Funny, we aren't even his market team but its still a better article than Sully or Bucky have written in YEARS. :lol:

good article from Mehta... :thumbsup:

I agree.

Mehta does an excellent job of providing context and perspective.

The haters (both those in the media and those who call WGR or post here) are unburdened by any such context or perspective and are beyond ridiculous.

I agree.

Mehta does an excellent job of providing context and perspective.

The haters (both those in the media and those who call WGR or post here) are unburdened by any such context or perspective and are beyond ridiculous.

Context: Rex has not succeeded in over half a decade. If you add in the years his brother's defense also stank, you're talking about a full decade.

Perspective: Occum's Shaver says he won't win any time soon.

Context: Rex has not succeeded in over half a decade. If you add in the years his brother's defense also stank, you're talking about a full decade.

Perspective: Occum's Shaver says he won't win any time soon.

I think he has done a darn good job with what he has had to work with. You guys can choose to ignore the injuries last year or that one guy went on strike. You guys can choose to ignore the fact that he had a GM with the Jets that sought to undermine him.

Whatever.

I know that there is nothing that Rex can do short of curing cancer in a super bowl year that will placate you and some others.

I love how some of you here and in the media seem wistful about St. Doug (or would prefer to have his personality as our HC). Good riddance to him.

Continue on with the hate and pushing the Rex in the hot seat narrative (that we all know or should know is completely untrue).

Just my two cents.

I think he has done a darn good job with what he has had to work with. You guys can choose to ignore the injuries last year or that one guy went on strike. You guys can choose to ignore the fact that he had a GM with the Jets that sought to undermine him.

Whatever.

I know that there is nothing that Rex can do short of curing cancer in a super bowl year that will placate you and some others.

I love how some of you here and in the media seem wistful about St. Doug (or would prefer to have his personality as our HC). Good riddance to him.

Continue on with the hate and pushing the Rex in the hot seat narrative (that we all know or should know is completely untrue).

Just my two cents.

Just to be clear. The guy who went out on strike last year should have been either benched, or in some cases top shelf franchises would have cut his mid season. Too allow #94 essentially hold the defense hostage is all on Rex and his poor management skills.